“Supply Chain and Quality Management”
Supply Chain and Quality Management
Jun 25, 2012
- This site on Supply Chain and Quality Management is developed by 12manage (an executive network on management methods, models and concepts) and provides for each management method, model or concept: a concise description, its history, calculation, usage and application, process steps, strengths and benefits, limitations and disadvantages, assumptions and conditions, references, as well as an interactive user forum. Explanations focus on concepts that are both scientifically accepted and applicable in management practice.
- Type of Material:
- Collection in a website
- Recommended Uses:
- It is recommended as a complementary content of the class and as preparation material before the lecture.
From the list of chapters the instructor should select those which are more interesting for the audience, there are many related to general management instead of Supply Chain or Quality Management.
Recommended for class assignments on supply chain management and quality management.
- Technical Requirements:
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- Understand the concept of Supply Chain Management and concepts related to this particular topic. Understand the concept of Quality management and concepts related to this particular topic. Some examples of topics studied are Benchmarking, TQM, Lean Manufacturing, Outsourcing, Just in Time, among many others.
- Target Student Population:
- College students (undergrad and graduate). In any course (beginners or intermediate level) related to Supply Chain Management and/or Quality Management.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- To get the most out of it, some basic general management knowledge is required, particularly in Operations, Business Process and Supply Chain Management.
- Once the users find the information they choose, it is easy to read and well organized. It is a collection of readings about topics.
- In the list of materials there are many concepts not related to Supply Chain Management or Quality Management (some of them related to General Management, Marketing, Cost Accounting, among others).
More content related to the main topics (Supply Chain and Quality Management) would be required.
It is necessary to become a member to have the possibility of reading part of the content. To read the whole page you have to become a paying member.
It was not possible to review all the contents because some of the links were not available (not possible to click on then).
It presents advertising and it is distracting for the student.
- This site's content is easy for writing assignments. Well organized as a list of materials to read.
- The amount of information is so big that the student can get lost unless he/she has specific instructions.
There are many concepts that are no related to the main topics.
There is not a sequence on the topics presented.
It is required to become a member in order to access the content. For reading everything you have to become a paying member.
- The user has the option to access the content in different languages.
Easy to read in terms of size font and contrast.
This site is very easy to use and designed well.
- It is required to create an account (the membership is free).
Minimum level of graphic design, just a few graphs.
Once you become a member, it is not easy to get to the main menu where you can select the chapter “Supply Chain and Quality Management”.
- Creative Commons: