“ACL Tutorial: Dormant Account Banking Test”
ACL Tutorial: Dormant Account Banking Test
Jul 21, 2013
- This 6 minute video tutorial from ACL Services, LTD., shows users how to use ACL Desktop to conduct a dormant account banking test. Accounts with less than four transactions occurring in the past year, but with a cumulative transaction value in excess of $100,000 are located.
- Type of Material:
- Recommended Uses:
- Educational resource to be incorporated into classroom use in the form of in-class presentation/open discussion and research projects in the area of Auditing, AIS, Fraud Examination and/or Forensic Accounting.
- Technical Requirements:
- Adobe Flash player 11.1
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- To review the ACL desktop interface and perform a dormant account test to look for indicators of possible money laundering.
- Target Student Population:
- Auditing, Accounting Information Systems (AIS), Fraud Examination and Forensic Accounting educators and students;
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- General interest in data analysis and basic computer programming or database course.
- The author provides the audience with an entertaining method of demonstrating the application of ACL Software to conduct a dormant account banking test to uncover a fraud scheme. In a short period of time, this video allows one to see the importance of data and the ability to use tools for data analysis. Content is clear, concise, relevant, and accurate. The video provides an adequate amount of material and summarizes concepts well.
- The identification of learning objectives is nicely presented. An impressive setup and overview of the menu options is provided to indicate other the potential uses of the application. The video is very beneficial in that it shows how the log files can be used for documentation or as a way to run an ongoing script. The video provides a practical and quick overview of important data analysis skills. Teachers and students could learn a lot in a short time.
- The video is easy to use, engaging, and visually appearling. Viewers could easily replicate and understand the steps and procedures that are described. Using only narrative would be less comprehensive and effective. In a few minutes individuals can fully comprehend the importance of good data analysis skills. The video is very efficient and effective. It has a nice integration of the drop and drag feature. The author’s website and products are professionally done.
- Other Issues and Comments:
- This short video should spark the interest of novice database users, and users of ACL as to the potential of the product and ease with which it can be implemented or adapted for use.
- Nice integration of terms such as Oracle, SQL, master files, filters, relationships, scripts, log files, documentation.
- We need more ACL tutorials to be developed in the area of fraud schemes.
- Creative Commons: