“Book Creator App for the iPad”
Book Creator App for the iPad
Nov 19, 2012
- This digital mobile app is a Book creator for iPad and allows users to create individual eBooks on an iPad or iPhone. Distinctive features include selecting images, placing text, selecting background color to assemble an eBook. Also, images can brought up from individual devices camera roll can be resized , repositioned including texting in the app. Additionally, the content of the book ranges from a picture book to a manuscript. Furthermore, the number of pages of the book is determined by the user, and pages can be saved while working. Moreover, a sample book is included and can be used as a tutor. Book can be opened in iBook, as well as saved or viewed in a variety of apps such as Dropbox, Evernote or saved in iTunes; can be shared with others who do not own an iPad or iPhone . For example, an eBook can be sent over email, by converting a PDF to flashFlip Book. Book creator app for iPad is available the iTunes for $4.99 as of November 2012.
- Type of Material:
- App for the iPad
- Recommended Uses:
- Books created using Book Creator can viewed in iBooks. They can be sent to friends as pdfs or epub files, or they can be submitted to the iBookstore.
This app is ideal for students and teachers and can be used to create children’s picture books, photo books, art books, cook books, manuals, textbooks, and innovative eportfolios. Some folks are using this app to layout ideas for developing full comprehensive iBooks. It is part of their iBooks production workflow.
Although the role of apps should be guided by the learning goals and functionality in any setting;however, in the K setting this app may be used to create picture books for pre-reading skills;elementary and middle school level to produce an infinited number and type of projects for various content and subjects, or access information.Also, app creator at the various college levels and the business sector may be used for the same purpose, which also includes creating manuals or data collection, producing, and sharing data.
- Technical Requirements:
- Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- Book Creator offers a way to develop a book for the iPad that can be read and shared by others.
- Target Student Population:
- Elementary students through adults will be able to use this app.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- For those not experienced in book layouts, this is a fixed-layout eBook editor. It works well for ebooks that have many images/graphics and less text. This means that its strength is really in allowing students young and old to use and create with it. The built-in tutorial is interactive and clearly models how to construct an ebook with images, audio, and text. The created books can be sent directly to iBooks for immediate viewing. Furthermore, many students with disabilities can use this app.
- The app creator is limited in functions. For example,editing is limited, and restricted to changing images, texts, background, and color. Therefore, young users,in particular, should have a well thought out plan regarding selecting text, and background color, for example.
- Educationally, this app can be used on two levels. Teachers or student teachers can create books for their students to read and explore. Students, individually or in groups, can create books for other students, the teacher, and the school. Imagine creating class sets of books or books for the school's digital library. The finished books can be viewed in iBooks, or shared with others as an epub file. They can also be printed.
- The interactive tutorial allows you to edit, test the tools, and become familiar with the user interface. It is so easy to use that, ebook creation can begin immediately. Text size, photo size, and color are easily controlled using the touch screen. Pages can be rearranged once they have been created. Book Creator has on online support site at http://www.redjumper.net/bookcreator/support/
- Creative Commons: