“AppsGoneFree App for iOS”
AppsGoneFree App for iOS
Mar 11, 2013
- This is an App for IPads and Iphones that screens apps that are free for a short period of time. The application lets you know what is currently free and writes a quick summary to describe the App
- Type of Material:
- This is an app that describes other apps that can be obtained for free.
- Recommended Uses:
- This app can be used to locate free apps that can be used for homework or reference materials applicable to a given field.
- Technical Requirements:
- Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- This does not have a learning goal, but it would allow individuals to evaluate new free apps to see if they are worth obtaining.
- Target Student Population:
- Could be used for any age, depending on the apps that are available.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- Familiarization with Apple devices, such as iPhones, iPods, and iPads.
- This app can be very useful to people wondering what kind of apps to download for a given population.
Many Apps are not necessary for educational purposes. It would be up to the user to determine which would suit his/her needs.
- The app says that summaries are written by experts, but it does not clarify who the experts are, or in what field they may be experts. Some of the free Apps come with a lot of advertising, which may not be appropriate for educational use. It would be up to the user to determine that appropriateness.
- The app can be helpful in knowing what is available for learning materials for ipads.
- There is no way to determine what apps are available. Apps can range from games to reference sources.
- Individuals that are familiar with iPhones, iPods, and iPhones wll not have any problems with this app. It is fairly easy to navigate for teachers and students. Lables, buttons, menus, text, and general layout is consistent and visually distinctive.
- The reliability of the summaries is not known for all fields.
- Creative Commons: