“DocScan HD App for iPad”
DocScan HD App for iPad
Sep 16, 2013
- Doc Scan HD App for iPad is tool that can be used to scan documents and images to save as a PDF file and the file can be sent to a printer, fax, emailed, or uploaded to cloud. Scanned documents can be edited and organized into folders. The Doc Scan HD Pro App costs $3.99 as of 9/16/2013 and is sold by ifunplay. The Doc Scan HD App is gree.
- Type of Material:
- The Doc Scan HD app is a development tool.
- Recommended Uses:
- The application can be used by art and photography students to scan and edit images. Music students can use the application to scan music. Science and math students can use the application to save formulas from class. College students in general can use the application to take notes, scan books, and other materials for class. Graduate students and professor can use the application to scan archival materials for research. Copyright restrictions should be observed.
This app allows scanning and signing of documents that need to be returned via email.
- Technical Requirements:
- The Dco Scan HD app requires an ios of 5.0 or higher. The Users Guide icon is a set of gears.
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- The app is not a learning tool but it can be used to support learning by allowing users to scan, fax, print and share documents and images. This is a help for students who want to scan documents into their iPads. It might be useful in a research setting under the guidance of the instructor who knows copyright restrictions.
- Target Student Population:
- College, General Education, Graduate Students, Professionals may be interested in this application.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- Knowledge of Apple apps and an iphone or ipad with an ios5 is required. The ability to download applications.
- If students use the iPad as their sole or major computer then it can be useful to have scanned documents that are easy to access.
- User manual is important and not easily located.
- With the widespread use of mobile phones, the app can be used as instructional technology. The app can be used throughout the learning process. The app can possibly reduce printing and paper costs. Since the output of the free version is either a graphics file or a .pdf file, the content cannot be edited. This way students could not submit scanned work as their own.
- Students must be aware of how to use scanned documents in their assignments.
- The application is easy to use. There are touch buttons to select options and a touch screen which responds to natural hand movements to grasp and pull objects closer...etc.
- It took some digging to find the manual.
- Other Issues and Comments:
- If you want to scan, correct for distortion, annotate, clip, and save documents and send to email or Facebook this app will do that.
- Creative Commons: