“Biological Sciences HomePage”
Biological Sciences HomePage
Oct 11, 2013
- Exploring Anatomy & Physiology is an online course webpage of Professor James Crimando. It provides tutorials, topic outlines, study questions, and practice quizzes on various systems of the body. The site presents interactive resources to learn, practice and self quiz important concepts in Anatomy and Physiology. Additional links are provided to further strengthen the concepts learned. Answering essay questions in science classes and college survival tips are also described to support student success.
- Type of Material:
- There is such a wide variety of materials it is difficult to categorize.
</li><li>Guide to Academic Success
- Recommended Uses:
- Course and lab resource
- Lab resource for distance learnng
- Technical Requirements:
- Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox 19.0+, Internet Explorer 9.0+, Google Chrome
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- After completing the contents presented, the learner would be able to:
- identify the histological features of epithelial, connective, muscular and nervous tissues.
- diagram the major structures of the skeletal, muscular, nervous and cardiovascular systems.
- describe the structures and functions of the major systems of the body.
- Target Student Population:
- AP Biology, lower level undergraduate.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- For best success, recommend a basic biology background--one semester of freshman level biology or equivalent.
- High quality material very clearly presented
- Concise and relevant
- Content cover core curriculum within the discipline
- Provides useful and accurate information
- Integrates the concept very well
- All materials are accurate
- Material covers all organ systems
- Quiz and study questions appropriate
- Study and success skills tips are solid.
- Coverage of some organ systems is not uniform - some more compete than others.
- Very efficient; could learn a lot in a short time
- Simple and clear images allow easy understanding of the core concepts
- Facilitates learning
- Builds up on prior concepts
- Appeals to multiple learning styles
- Excellent source to master basic concepts.
- Additional resources are appropriately linked
- Excellent as study materials for students in anatomy and physiology or introductory biology
- Study questions good preparation for exams
- Quizzes good check on understanding
- Study and essay tips could be used for any course
- Without guided assignments students may not get full value of the materials.
- One tutorial not currently available
- Easy to navigate
- Visually appealing
- High quality graphics
- All major links are complete
- Tutorial entry attractive and easy to use
- Provides both hi-res and lo-res versions of tutorials to optimize student downloads
- Home page makes finding all materials relatively easy
- All links worked as expected
- Home page list of materials could use some annotation so that students know exactly what is at the link
- Creative Commons: