Oct 28, 2013
- This is a webpage developed for a specific class. That being stated, it is designed to be used by any teacher/professor that wishes to use Twitter in the classroom. The audience suggested is college; however, this could be used at the junior or senior high school level as well.
- Type of Material:
- Web page tutorial; assignment
- Recommended Uses:
- Students interaction using Twitter accounts.
- Technical Requirements:
- Any device with access to Twitter account
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- This page was designed to teach students how to setup and access twitter for a specific class. The goal is to utilize Twitter as an instructional support for teachers and learners.
- Target Student Population:
- Pre-service and in-service teachers and teacher educators; junior high-college students.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- This is a great tool for teaching, learning, and professional development of a variety of learning scenarios. Tasks can be set up for individual or group use and is can easily be used to support Common Core. The instructions are easy to follow and additional tutorial pages are available for more specific training. The content addresses a method for students to work outside of the traditional walls of the classroom. This could be used in a flipped classroom model.
- There is a built-in flexibility in use of documents for teaching, learning, and professional development. The page is set up in a step-by-step manner that is easy to follow and adapt to any content. Instructions could be adapted for 9-12 and college level use. The content allows a student to learn how to use Twitter in the context of classroom discussion. It could also be used for assignments.
- This is very user-friendly. With minimal knowledge a student can access this tutorial and learn how to use Twitter. The student should be familiar with the overall concept of Twitter; therefore, this material can be used as a refresher or brief overview of setting up a Twitter account.
- Other Issues and Comments:
- Good overview to the idea of using Twitter to support learning. This could be used as an introduction to pre-service, in-service teachers, and/or teacher educators as class or workshop exercise.
- Creative Commons: