“The Distribution Game”
The Distribution Game
Jan 23, 2014
- This resource involves distribution optimization decision making training. They have provided good inputs to understand how distribution is impacted. It helps the student to understnad some fundamentals of logistics by playing the different games available.
- Type of Material:
- Game simulation
- Recommended Uses:
- Could use in class for discussion. Could play in teams.
Could use as a homework assignment.
- Technical Requirements:
- web browsing, understanding of logistics.
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- - Understand how warehouse networks impact logistics costs.
- Understand the dynamics of a competitive distribution system under demand uncertainties.
- Target Student Population:
- Undergraduate business majors
Most useful in Production Operation Management class.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- Understanding of basic rules of logistics
- Good simulation game.
Contains accurate information about distribution systems under uncertainty.
Offers opportunity to network with other competitive users.
- It would be good to have more content on the screens to help with the simulation.
A few grey blobs flawed on the screen here and there.
- You can really get a feel for where a system has a sweet spot if the demand conditions are not set to fluctuate too much.
Many options are provided so students have choices.
Students can understand the various impacts of warehouse parameters.
- Could get pretty complex.
Would be nice to be able to compare successful (or not) systems tried under the same demand conditions.
- Good interface. Not great, but solid enough for a good learning experience. Very easy to use.
- Experienced some lag on the system which may explain interface issues noted above.
- Other Issues and Comments:
- Very nice piece of work. Definitely meets its goal of familiarizing people with different performance characteristics of various systems.
Help could be more interactive.
- Creative Commons: