Mar 30, 2014
- This website provides a basic learning resource for the understanding of protein synthesis. The website demonstrates the process of mRNA transcription into protein, as well as the codon-anticodon base pairing system. It provides a very basic, yet simple and easy to understand animation for translation.
- Type of Material:
- Quicktime animation.
- Recommended Uses:
- The resource would be used for teaching a class, independent study, or as a review.
- Technical Requirements:
- Quicktime for PC, Mac for downloaded activity.
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- None stated.
- Target Student Population:
- Introductory biology.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- A basic understanding of molecular biology.
- The information is accurate and provides a basic background about the material
- Video is appropriately categorized
- Doesn't show nature of molecules, i.e. amino acids and bases being paired
- Protein produced is only 4 amino acids which is not realistic
- Parts are not labeled
- This site could be the basis of an assignment based on the animation
- The material is logically presented
- No learning objectives stated
- Doesn't include any questions to promote student thinking or learning
- Site navigation is fast and intuitive
- Animation flows very easily
- Information is easy to understand
- Good use of color
- Not interactive
- There was a broken link at this site
- Requires Quicktime plug in
- Other Issues and Comments:
- No additional issues.
- Creative Commons: