“Genius Scan - PDF Scanner App for iOS”
Genius Scan - PDF Scanner App for iOS
May 28, 2014
- The Genius Scan app developed by The Grizzly Labs, turns your iPhone and iPad into a scanner. It enables you to quickly scan documents on the go and export them as JPEG or multi-page PDF files. The Genius Scan app takes any rectangular document, analyzes it for perspective correction and sends it via email or saves it to your photos.
This app is free (as of 4/15/14)
- Type of Material:
- App; Tool
- Recommended Uses:
- -Quickly scan any document anywhere, when you don't have a scanner at hand.
-Quickly scan a form you just printed when you don’t have a scanner.
-Take a picture of a whiteboard.
-Save handwritten notes or share with other learners.
-Get rid of all your paper documents by archiving them to Dropbox.
- Technical Requirements:
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- -The learner will be able to quickly scan any document anywhere.
-The learner will be able to export or email any document scanned or taken from the photo gallery as JPG or PDF file.
- Using the smart page detection, the learner will be able modify the alignment of a document.
- Target Student Population:
- All levels: elementary, middle, and high school as well as higher education and professional development.
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- -The app allows a learner to access information that has been scanned and archived for later use. If accessing an image from the photo gallery the app detects the page frame, crops it and corrects the perspective. You don't need to take a perfect straight shot.
-Scans are easily emailed as JPEG or PDF files.
-Built-in help is available on the app.
-The App works on multiple iOS devices. It can be used during introductions of new concepts or reviewing material already presented. The user can also save items for assessment purposes.
- Allows for student/teacher interaction with instructional material; student/teacher may have created large project/product that would be easier to scan and send rather than transport. Flexible use of documents for teaching, learning, and assessment.
- The teaching goals are not easy to identify because this basically is a hand-held scanner.
- Easy to set up. Logical organization for ease of navigation through the tools.Tasks can be set up for working as individual or as group collaborative. Built-in help is available under "settings."
- Other Issues and Comments:
- Great tool for teaching, learning, and professional development. Available in a free version. Tasks can be set up for working as individual or as group collaborative.
- Creative Commons: