Survey of Western Art from Renaissance to Contemporary
This collection contains the Affordable Learning Solution for the Southern University System (AL$4SUS) list of peer-reviewed textbooks for Survey of Western Art from Renaissance to Contemporary (common course-id ARTH 120), one of the top 50 college courses identified for inclusion in the inclusion in the Southern University Online Library for Education (SUOLforEd).
See LA Master Course Matrix
General Course Description: ARTH 120
This course provides an overview of art and architecture from the Renaissance to the Contemporary period.
Minimum Units: 3.0
Advisories/Recommenations: Completion of or concurrent enrollment in English Composition (C-ID ENGL 100)
At the conclusion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Identify, examine, and assess representative works of art and
architecture from the Renaissance to the contemporary period employing appropriate art historical terminology
- Analyze, discuss, and differentiate works of art and architecture in terms of historical context and cultural values
- Analyze, discuss, and distinguish the roles of art, architecture, and the artist from the Renaissance to the contemporary period.
- Written essays and/or research projects
- Essay exams
Methods of evaluation may also include:
- Classroom discussions
- Objective exams
- Projects and presentations
- Classroom writing Assignments
- Group Assignments
Art and Contemporary Critical Practice: Reinventing Institutional Critique (Open (Access) Textbook)Institutional critique is best known through the critical practice that developed in the late 1960s and early 1970s by... More