Quantitative Analysis (Chemistry)
This collection contains the Affordable Learning Solution for the Southern University System (AL$4SUS) list of peer-reviewed textbooks for Analytical Chemistry (common course-id CHEM 130 ), one of the top 50 college courses identified for inclusion in the Southern University Online Library for Education (SUOLforEd).
See LA Master Course Matrix
General Course Description: CHEM 130
This course covers the practice and theory of chemical laboratory methods including techniques of gravimetric, volumetric, separation and spectrophotometric analysis, and introductory instrumental analysis with a focus on precision and accuracy of experimental data. The laboratory sequence will support the above topics and emphasize quantitative measurements, analysis of data and error propagation.
Units: 4.0 (2.0 units of lab)
Prerequisites: General Chemistry for Science Majors Sequence A (Chem120S)
At the conclusion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Analyze statistical data
- Deduce methods for solving advanced chemical calculations
- Write clear, concise summaries of experimental results and describe the theories and mechanisms for observed phenomena in the laboratory
- Apply principles of analytical chemistry to actual laboratory conditions
- Distinguish between various analytical laboratory techniques
- Devise a qualitative scheme to analyze and identify a variety of materials and mixtures in the laboratory
- Lab work
- Written papers and/or reports