This course addresses Database Fundamentals in Computer Science Engineering.
Computer Science Curricula 2013 ACM. Knowledge Management: Information Management (IM).
- Introduction to DBMS concepts
- Data modeling and database design
- Relational database design
- Query languages
- Storage and indexing
- Query processing
- Transaction processing
Encouraging group collaboration to promote interaction. Tutor supervise and supports student collaboration in positive ways.
- Compare and contrast appropriate data models, including internal structures, for different types of data. [Assessment].
- Describe concepts in modeling notation (e.g., Entity-Relation Diagrams or UML) and how they would be used. [Familiarity].
- Describe the basic principles of the relational data model. [Familiarity].
- Apply the modeling concepts and notation of the relational data model. [Usage].
- Mapping conceptual schema to a relational schema
- Relational Database design.
Students are assessed based on written homework, programming works, and midterm and final exams. The projects involve a large-scale relational database design using a commercial DBMS such as PostgreSQL and MariaDB.
Introduction to Databases (Online Course)
Fundamentos de Base de Datos (Open (Access) Textbook)
Database (08:01): Database Fundamentals (Presentation)
Database (08:02): Database Management Systems (Presentation)
Advanced Databases (Online Course)
A Gentle Introduction to SQL (Tutorial)
Database Design and Implementation: A practical introduction using Oracle SQL (Open (Access) Textbook)
SQL Interpreter and Tutorial (Tutorial)
3 Normal Forms Database Tutorial (Reference Material)
Introduction to Modern Database Systems (Online Course)
SQL Tutorial (Reference Material)