- Submitted Materials
- Authored Materials
- Learning Exercises
- Bookmark Collections
- Course ePortfolios
- Content Builder Materials
Members from Paula’s institution
Materials from Paula’s discipline
Members in Paula’s discipline
- American Dental Education Association
member, task force member and mentor 11/1996 – Current
- EdD (Doctorate in Education) Health Science Education/Curriculum Design (08/1989)
University of Houston
- MEd Health Science Education (05/1985)
University of Houston
- 1. Haden KN, Hendricson WD, Killip JJ, O’Neill PN, Reed MJ, Weinstein G, Williams JN, and Valachovic RW.. (2009). Developing Dental Faculty for the Future: ADEA/AAL Institute for Teaching and Learning, 2006–09. in Journal of Dental Education. (73: 1320-1335).
- Pileggi R, O’Neill PN.. (2008). Team-Based Learning Utilizing an Audience Response System: An Innovative Method of Teaching Diagnosis to Undergraduate Dental Students in Journal of Dental Education. (72: 1182-1188.).
- O’Neill PN, Svec TA, Ludington JR, Suchina JA. (2007). Personality Traits of Endodontic Residents Indicate Potential for Becoming Endodontic Faculty. in Journal of Endodontics. (33:427-431).
- Speaking level: Superior
- Reading level: Superior
Honors & Awards
- Dental Branch Dean's Academy of Distinguished Teaching Scholars (04/2008)
The Dean’s Academy of Distinguished Teaching Scholars is a professional academy formed to promote and reward the scholarship of teaching and learning at The University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston.
- Texas Academy of Health Science Education (04/2008)
The mission of The University of Texas Academy of Health Science Education is to foster excellence in education in the health sciences by recognition of outstanding educators and advancement of knowledge and innovation in the field of education.
- President’s Award for Mentoring Women (12/2006)
Nominated for, and recieved, the Committee on the Status of Women of the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston President's Award for Mentoring Women
- Imagine: Elevating Teaching to Recognized Scholarship Symposia, 08/23/2010
86th American Dental Education Association Annual Meeting. Phoenix AZ. Conference Organizer, Invited Speaker and Symposia Facilitator. Other speakers Killip J, Schuler C, Hafler J.
- Using Faculty Assessment to Foster the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning., 08/23/2010
2010 Presidential Symposium. 87th Annual Session and Exposition of the American Dental Education Association Washington, DC. (Symposium Organizer&Presenter)Other presenters: Woldt J, Gadbury-Amyot CC, Karimbux N. Respondents Killip J, Nadershahi, N.
- Rubrics: An Innovative Method of Assessment in Dental Education, 03/12/2010
(Invited by ADEA Sections on Comprehensive Care, General Dentistry and Dental Informatics). 87th Annual Session and Exposition of the American Dental Education Association. Washington, DC. Presenters: O’Neill PN, Taylor D., O’Donnell J, Haney SJ
- Associate Dean for Educational Research & Professional Development (11/1996 – Current) University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston
- Professor-Department of Diagnostic Sciences (08/2010 – 08/2010) University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston