Technical Writing Resources
This collection is a repository of resources for teaching ENG 313- Intro to Technical Writing
In this course you'll learn how to do the following:
- Demonstrate a reader-centered approach to writing
- Define your objectives
- Plan your writing by
- determining what you need to say to achieve your communication objectives
- organizing the information you decide to include
- organizing your communication's contents effectively
- devising strategies for persuading your readers to take the positions and actions you advocate
- Draft your writing by
- arranging it into readable, persuasive paragraphs, sections, and chapters
- writing effective beginnings and endings
- developing a clear, concise, interesting style
- Evaluate your writing by checking it yourself and having others review it.
- Revise your writing
How to Avoid Plagiarism (Drill and Practice)I plan on using this resource in conjunction wiht Turn It In as a learning aid to helpo students cite sources correctly.
English Language Centre Study Zone (Tutorial)This could be a good resource for brushing up on basic grammar skills.
Purdue University's Online Writing Lab (Simulation)I use this resource already. It's fantastic!
Calibrated Peer Review (Assessment Tool)This is a resource I'd like to try for peer reviews.
Interactive quizzes (Quiz/Test)These quizzes could be used for students to use as self-checks