Fall 2018-Spring 2019 - CSUDH
Fall 2018-Spring 2019 - CSUDH
At CSUDH we proposed to hold one Face to Face Quality Matters training, broaden outreach efforts to all colleges and some specific departments. We proposed to rework the e academy. We also proposed to work with the Academic Senate Committee for Online Best Practices as well work with Academic Technology on doing "Introduction to Online Teaching for all colleges." Additionally we proposed to host an "Improving Online/Blended Instruction" Faculty Learning Community.
We had 31 people training in QM or QOLT. We provided 20 faculty with an introduction to online teaching workshop. We created an advisory board with two faculty with great expertise in online teaching. Our board consists of a faculty from every college
Campus Goal for Quality Assurance
What was the main focus of your proposal? What are the needs of your campus to support Quality Assurance efforts and support for faculty/instructors? How are your QA efforts supporting the local Student Success goals?
- Have at least 20 new faculty complete Quality
- Have 2 courses reviewed under QM or QOLT rubric
- create FDC advisory board with experts in Online teaching
Quality Assurance Lead(s)
- Kara Dellacioppa, FDC Director
- Reza Boroon, Academic Technology Director
Supporting Campus Partners
- Provost's office
- Academic Technology Instructional Designers
- Academic Senate
Campus Commitment Toward Sustainability of QA Efforts
- FDC Advisory Board met with Provost Spagna May 1 to discuss baselining QA funding into the FDC's baseling
- Academic Technology will offer more intro to online teaching workshops in 2019-2020.
Summary of Previous QA Accomplishments
- Over 70 faculty training in QM or QOLT rubric
- 7 courses reviewed in QM rubric
- Increasing FLC in Online teaching participation
Dissemination of QA Efforts— Conferences
Online teaching demonstration at the Design your LIfe conference on January 18, 2019 by three faculty, CSUDH
We have a workshop with 12 people signed up on Accessibility for June 18. We have schedule one for mid September as well.
- 19 Face to Face QM trainings were complete February 22, 2019
- 15 online CO online/blended training courses completed
- 20 intro to online/blended workshop attended (Fall and Spring)
Student Quality Assurance Impact Research
This work only started in Spring 2019. Part of the reason was thatthe FDC director did not have a supervisor (will have one starting on July 1, 2019) and she was being asked to do other work outside of her job description. Now we have a broader QA team and work is being done to do this research beginning in August.
Development of Campus Intro to Online Teaching course
Academic Technology had created online Self-Paced training course for faculty. The course is available through our campus LMS. Furthermore, Academic Technology will offer more intro to online teaching workshops in 2019-2020.
Next Steps for QA Efforts
We are hoping to do much more promotion for faculty on QM and QOLT training and we are hoping also to advocate for subscriptions to online training for them to help them improve their online teaching skill-set.