Business Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Business Portal for MERLOT. The Business Editorial Board strives to provide valuable resources to help in your business teaching career. While our focus is on accounting, economics, management, and marketing, we provide materials for other business disciplines as well.
Please join MERLOT and contribute to this growing community of business instructors by using the resources, submitting your own materials and assignments for evaluation, and sharing ideas to help you teach online and in the classroom. We also invite you to become a Business Peer Reviewer. Our board uses the MERLOT Peer Reviewer Form to evaluate teaching modules.
The members of the Business Editorial Board include:
Cathy Swift, Editor
Diane Bandow, Associate Editor of Management
Michelle Kunz, Associate Editor of Marketing
Susan Moncada, Associate Editor of Accounting
Theresa B. Clarke, Peer Reviewer and Business Portal Editor
Sunita Kumari, Peer Reviewer
The honorary members of the Business Editorial Board include:
- Julie Bonner
- Carol Jessup
- Jeanette Landin
- Lisa Lindgren
- Melissa Malabad
- Thomas Moncada
- Brenda Perea
- Joe Perez
- Mark T.R. Pillai
- Mike Pouraryan
- Michael Seda
- Melissa Williams
- Jo Yudess
Congratulations to Cathy Swift and the Business Editorial Board for winning the 2017 MERLOT House Cup. The MERLOT House Cup is an award to recognize the level of contributions made to the MERLOT collection during an academic year. Contributions include Materials Triaged, Individual Peer Reviews, Composite Peer Reviews, Member Comments and Learning Materials contributed to the collection. The MERLOT House Cup is awarded at the MERLOT/OLC Innovate Conference each year. Editorial Board Members will take turns in displaying the award in their offices. The Business Editorial Board contributed 409 editor reviews, 204 individual reviews, 123 composite reviews, added 104 materials to MERLOT and contributed 59 comments on materials.
The 2017 Business Classic winner is Theresa Clarke. The award is granted to honor the authors and developers of these resources for their contributions to the academic community. Every year each of the MERLOT Editorial Boards is able to select an outstanding resource from its discipline to receive the MERLOT Classics Award. MERLOT considers this learning material an exemplary online learning resource and it is now recognized as so on the MERLOT website listing. The 2017 MERLOT Business Classics Award was Paid Search (PPC) Using Google by Theresa Clarke. The material can be found at: https://www.merlot.org/merlot/viewMaterial.htm?id=767841 The MERLOT Business Editorial Board has this to say about the Learning Material:
This is a very detailed assignment that has students create, monitor, and adjust a Google AdWords campaign for two landing pages. Students must adhere to a budget and maximize results. The assignment is very comprehensive, and provides students the opportunity to gain skills in web advertising. There are many practical applications, and in fact the author suggests students have a personal site that they want to use for the assignment.
Microsoft Excel Tutorial: How To Create Drop-Down Lists
In today's video, we look at how to add drop-down lists to your Excel data entry. These are like the drop-down lists that...
Plumbers Near Me - Local Plumbers Nearby
Plumbers Near Me is a fully Certified and insured plumbing company. We provides the local plumbers in all the states of...
Tips on How to Grow TikTok Followers.
Still looking on how to grow lots of fans on Tik Tok social netowrk? Well this might help you. Visit...
Programs offered in Nick
Nick Junior is one channel for kids to relive and relish for making some good memories and moments. The programs offered...
Microsoft Excel Tutorial: How To Add Alt Text
From Microsoft: "You can create alternative text (Alt Text) for shapes, pictures, charts, SmartArt graphics, or other...
Actuarial and Financial Risks in Life Insurance, Pensions and Household Finance
The recent regulatory changes, together with the increasing awareness of the variety of sources of uncertainty that...
Practical Guidelines on Open Education for Academics: Modernizing Higher Education via OEP
Practical Guidelines on Open Education: Modernizing Higher Education via Open Educational Practices (2019, JRC115663) is...
Microsoft Excel Tutorial: Remove Duplicate Values
As your worksheets get bigger and bigger, you will get duplicate data. You can spend hours or days trying to manually...
Accelerators in Silicon Valley
Peter Ester brilliantly captures the varied but vital role that accelerators play in minting new entrepreneurs essential...
Building Strategy and Performance
The defining challenge facing business leaders is to develop and drive performance into the future. For commercial firms,...
Leading with Cultural Intelligence
This book outlines the importance of understanding culture and its impact on our lives, the strategic value of cultural...
Microsoft Excel Tutorial: Quick Access Toolbar
The Quick Access Toolbar is a great tool that can seriously speed up your workflow. Most folks, however, don't realize...
Introductory information systems textbooks often present the topic in somewhat of a vacuum. That is, they focus on...
Cnn.it/Roku | Watch CNN on Roku | Cnn.com/activate
Steps to activate cnn.it/Roku 1. Go to the Roku channel store 2. In the search tab, type the channel name 3. Click to...
Buy Finest Quality Shirts for Men Online in India- Beyoung
Buy Casual Shirts For Men Online in India at Beyoung. Finest Quality Stylish Mens shirts online with variety of patterns...
Tourism the International Business
People travel for business, for pleasure, or for a combination of the two. The vast majority of these people travel to...
The Legal and Ethical Environment of Business
This text offers a comprehensive, accessible, engaging introduction to the legal environment of business with a unique,...
Six Steps to Job Search Success
If you’ve picked up this book, you are looking for a job. You might be launching a job search at this exact moment for...
Project Management from Simple to Complex
This text addresses the challenges posed by various levels of project complexity by introducing an approach to profiling...
People have been undertaking projects since the earliest days of organized human activity. The hunting parties of our...
Principles of Microeconomics
Recognizing that a course in economics may seem daunting to some students, we have tried to make the writing clear and...
Principles of Marketing
Principles of Marketing teaches the experience and process of actually doing marketing—not just the vocabulary. It...
Principles of Managerial Economics
One standard definition for economics is the study of the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and...
Global competition has caused fundamental changes in the competitive environment of manufacturing industries. Firms must...
Mary AdamsUnited Airlines Phone Number
Katja JonsasRoehampton University
Gary RobertPhone Data Points
Deborah FrohmanGolden West College
pinjaman dana cepat jaminan gadai bpkb mobilfinance business
Rebecca BogieLouisiana State University System - Shreveport
George WilsonCambridge Proofreading LLC
Joe JenniferColumbus Technical Institute
Johny SinsPlumbers In Alabama
Hp SetupCity University of New York System - Hostos Community/Technical College
Alencia WhittenbergTarrant County College
Johny SinsPlumbers In Oregon
Johny SinsPlumbers Near Me
Eagle Trading SignalDelhi
Kindle Fire Screen RepairB.tech
Best SEO Companies in ChennaiPyradigital
Elizabeth KaminskyDrexel University
- The American Accounting Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- American Economic Association
- National Council for Economic Education
- Academy of Management
- American Marketing Association
- Teaching Society for Management Educators
- Institute of Management Accountants
Journals & Publications
- Journal of Accounting Education
- Journal of Accountancy
- Accounting Education
- The Journal of Economic Education
- Academy of Management Learning and Education
- Journal of Management Education
- Journal for Advancement of Marketing Education (JAME)
- Journal of Marketing Education
- Marketing Education Review
- Quarterly Review of Business Disciplines
- Journal of International Business Disciplines
- FRED (Economic Research)
Business on the Web
A report that detailed up to $1 billion in wasted federal funds on bad charter schools may have ...
Jun 24, 2019 10:03 AM PDT
Education is only solution of all problems: Anand Kumar
Jun 24, 2019 09:52 AM PDT
REVAMPED CARIBBEAN EDUCATION CHARITY HAS NEW NAME
Jun 24, 2019 09:07 AM PDT
Bernie Sanders' plan to cancel student debt show bolder isn't aways better
Jun 24, 2019 08:33 AM PDT
Miami University, Uncharted Learning Announce Partnership for Early Business Education
Jun 24, 2019 08:00 AM PDT
Parting Thoughts: Dr. Gary L. Wirt
Jun 24, 2019 07:26 AM PDT
The Stereotypes in MBA Case Studies
Jun 24, 2019 07:03 AM PDT
Jun 24, 2019 07:03 AM PDT
Jun 24, 2019 06:41 AM PDT
Women in Business: Stacy Leeds
Jun 24, 2019 06:30 AM PDT
Women in Business: Robyn Breshears
Jun 24, 2019 06:18 AM PDT
Chamber Honors Pillars of Community and Champions of Education at 97th Annual Gala
Jun 24, 2019 06:15 AM PDT
The Doctor's Guide to HIPAA Compliant Marketing
Jun 24, 2019 06:07 AM PDT
Business on Twitter
- Birth rates are falling faster than expected in some developing countries econ.st/2XXzMku0 seconds ago | TheEconomist
- Health care is headed for the cloud. Digital health tech investment is nearing the moon. bit.ly/2N6VVMo0 seconds ago | FortuneMagazine
- SpaceX is about to launch its Falcon Heavy rocket for the 3rd time, the company’s 1st-ever night launch of its mamm… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…0 seconds ago | Forbes
- Walmart is using AI cameras to fight theft, a move that could pad the retail giant's margins and even help its self… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4 minutes ago | businessinsider
- Warner Bros. hired the first woman CEO in its history, BBC's Ann Sarnoff, to succeed ousted boss Kevin Tsujihara businessinsider.com/warner-bros-hi…5 minutes ago | businessinsider
- Imagine Steve Jobs calling to recruit you to work for his new entertainment venture https://t.co/5kyIfuiQkv, photo: pic.twitter.com/5kyIfuiQkv9 minutes ago | businessinsider
- Unlike Boris, PatVal boss Luke Johnson cannot have it both ways on.ft.com/2N7Irjp10 minutes ago | FT
- A top Facebook executive says the company has run 2 analyses and found “no significant attempt by outside forces” t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…14 minutes ago | Forbes
- Researchers found that bees living in unconventionally decorated hives produced more honey and survived the winter… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…15 minutes ago | TheEconomist
- American work culture diverged from Europe’s in the 1980s. Today Americans enjoy much less holiday, meaning they wo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…18 minutes ago | TheEconomist