Communication Sciences and Disorders Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Speech Language Hearing Sciences and Communication Disorders MERLOT portal. Here you will find links to a repository of peer-reviewed, online resources for teaching and learning. By joining MERLOT (at no cost!), you will become part of a growing community of educators, scientists, clinical supervisors and clinicians who are using a variety of web-based materials and resources, submitting their own modules and resources to share with the community, developing new ideas to help you teach in your classroom and/or online as well as to provide learning materials you can share with students to enhance independent content learning.
The ASHA Convention is the premier annual professional education event for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists. Bringing together more than 12,000 attendees, the Annual Convention provides unparalleled opportunities to hear the latest research and gain new skills and resources to advance your career.
Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST)
The Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST) is a collaborative effort by like-minded individuals and organizations...
Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices
The Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices is designed for faculty, students, and researchers who want to better...
Open Science Training Handbook (ver 1)
The Open Science Training Handbook (ver. 1) is intended for anyone who wishes to host Open Science training events or...
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide is a practical reference/development tool for...
Virtual Reality And It's Potential For Europe
Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) are technologies which have the potential to transform the way we work,...
Metrics-Toolkit.org | Helping you use metrics responsibly
The Metrics Toolkit provides evidence-based information about research metrics across disciplines, including how each...
Dimensions.ai: Open Access Research Repository
Digital Science Dimensions (DS Dimensions) is a linked research knowledge system that makes it easy to find and analyze...
Open Research Glossary
The Open Research Glossary is designed as a reference resource to inform people about the culture of "Open Scholarship."...
Rightsback.org: "Returning Authors' Rights" Termination of Transfer Tool
The Author's Alliance and Creative Commons have created the "Termination of Transfer" (ToT) tool that helps authors...
European Union (EU) Bookshop: All EU publications You are looking for!
EU Bookshop is an online bookshop, library, and archive of publications dating back to 1952. It contains 110,000 titles...
Figshare: Making Open Research Discoverable
Figshare is a repository where users can make all of their research outputs available in a citable, shareable and...
Preprints.org: The Multidisciplinary Preprint Platform
Preprints.org is a platform dedicated to making early versions of research inputs available, including original research...
Google Expeditions App for Android
Google Expeditions enable teachers to bring students on virtual reality field trips (200+ expeditions) to places like...
Supporting Deaf And Hard Of Hearing Students
Students with a hearing disability have a number of assistive tools at their disposal. Some assistive technology, such as...
ASU's Education Through Exploration: Course Redesign for Next Generation Science Courseware
Arizona State University's Center for Education Through Exploration (ETX) has received a $10.8 million grant from NASA's...
CORE: Open Access Public-University Research Library (Repository)
CORE (COnnecting REpositories) is an Open Access Internet Public Library (OA-IPL/Open Journal System) for research whose...
ICT in Communication Sciences and Disorders Education
This collection of resources focuses on ICT literacy for education in communication sciences and disorders. It includes...
BrainFacts.org is an authoritative source of information about the brain and nervous system for the public. The site is a...
Avatalker AAC App for iPad
'Introducing Avatalker® AAC: You've never seen anything like this! Avatalker® AAC is a robust, full-featured...
Auditory Processing Studio App for iPad
'Auditory Processing Studio was created by a certified speech and language pathologist for adults and children ages 7 and...
Decibel 10th App for iOS
'Decibel 10th turns your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch into a professional sound meter, precisely measures the sound...
You can create an attractive PowerPoint presentation today. Get basic visual communication pointers and take the...
HealthTap App for iOS
HealthTap allows you to have online access to physicians right from your phone. Ask a question, and volunteer and...
Sumanasinc - Vestibular System
Information about the vestibular system.
Danielle MossJames Madison University
Marissa ValdezQuirino State University
Shelley LundUniversity of Wisconsin System - Milwaukee
Matthew BakkeGallaudet University
Melissa BentonWebster University
Mimi PalmerAmerican Business & Technology University
Linda FrielTrinity Christian College
Arnon JannokSuranaree University of Technology
Lisa LaSalleUniversity of Redlands
Angel SpotornoONG Sintesis
Mariateresa MunozFlorida International University
Daniela CrudeliICS di via Maniago Milano
KEIKO NAKAOOtsuma Women's University junior college division
Racheal RajahSpecial Ed
Carole GelferMonmouth University
Sheridan ForsterRoyal Melbourne Institute of Technology
Fred KingSUNY The State University of New York
- Academy of Neurological Communication Disorders and Sciences
- Academy of Rehabilitative Audiology
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
- Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Dysphagia Research Society
- International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- International Phonetics Association
- Educational Audiology Association
- International Society for Autism Research
- International Stuttering Association
- Multilingual Children's Association
- National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders: Directory of Organizations by Subject
- Society for Research in Child Development
- The Voice Foundation
Journals & Publications
- ASHA Journal Publications
- Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal
- Journal of Speech Pathology & Therapy
- Reading and Writing
- Ear and Hearing
- Brain and Language
- International Journal of Audiology
- Journal of Phonetics
- Journal of the American Academy of Audiology
- AAC: Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Topics in Language Disorders
- Annals of Dyslexia
- Trends in Hearing
- Language and Speech
- Journal of Fluency Disorders
- Journal of Voice
- Child Language Teaching and Therapy
- Journal of Communication Disorders
- Hearing Journal
- Seminars in Hearing
- Communication Disorders Quarterly
- Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Hearing, Balance, and Communication
Communication Sciences & Disorders on the Web
Hockey Used As Medicine For Autism
Jun 22, 2018 08:33 PM PDT
3rd annual Autism Summit held in Mason City
Jun 22, 2018 06:52 PM PDT
Clearwater girl who captured hearts with first sign language video going global once again
Jun 22, 2018 06:41 PM PDT
Jun 22, 2018 04:48 PM PDT
Anderson Center for Autism honors 18 graduates
Jun 22, 2018 04:26 PM PDT
The Right Types of Headphones to Help Prevent Hearing Loss
Jun 22, 2018 03:18 PM PDT
Judge: Phony autism therapist must pay $25K to get out of jail
Jun 22, 2018 03:07 PM PDT
Researchers find way to detect signs of autism in infants as young as 3 months
Jun 22, 2018 01:56 PM PDT
Lenny Burke, Whose Experience Revolutionized Traumatic Brain Injury Treatment, Dies At 57
Jun 22, 2018 01:26 PM PDT
Ventura County Fire distributes smoke alarms for deaf, hard of hearing individuals
Jun 22, 2018 01:15 PM PDT
Watch Eminem's Sign Language Interpreter Kill It During “Rap God” Performance
Jun 22, 2018 01:06 PM PDT
Koko the Gorilla's Extraordinary Life: From Sign Language to Meeting Mister Rogers (1971-2018)
Jun 22, 2018 12:07 PM PDT
Comments sought on Medicaid autism waiver
Jun 22, 2018 10:37 AM PDT
Association of Vertigo With Hearing Outcomes in Patients With Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss
Jun 22, 2018 10:33 AM PDT
Koko the Kitten-Loving Gorilla Who Learned Sign Language Dies at 46
Jun 22, 2018 10:15 AM PDT
Russian Scientists Working on Online Speech Rehabilitation System
Jun 22, 2018 09:08 AM PDT
Chicago Pneumatic Power Technique Raises Awareness for Autism
Jun 22, 2018 09:07 AM PDT
How VR is Helping Children With Autism Navigate the World Around Them
Jun 22, 2018 08:47 AM PDT
Kudos to Ms. Kolb for her work on sign language: Letter to the Editor
Jun 22, 2018 08:45 AM PDT
Communication on Twitter
- RT @nmacklin: Thank you @mandyharvey #youRamazing @HLAA #HLAA2018 @AGT https://t.co/jZnKS5K47P, photo: pic.twitter.com/jZnKS5K47P7 hours ago | HLAA
- Happy Friday! We are so excited to share another new exhibit with you. This is the first year @soniccloudapp has ha… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…10 hours ago | HLAA
- Stacey Travers started a support group for family members of people with autism. Read more: wapo.st/2Kd9nIF11 hours ago | autismspeaks
- Are you a Broadway fan? There's still time to get your tickets to #ArtsForAutism on 6/25 in NYC! artsforautism.net12 hours ago | autismspeaks
- Mexico fans might have caused an earthquake after World Cup goal vs. Germany ow.ly/bVl130kCmUU #audpeeps https://t.co/F8WY748BVY, photo: pic.twitter.com/F8WY748BVY13 hours ago | AcademyofAuD
- A local rafting business in Merlin, OR wants to make access to businesses easier for families who have loved ones o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…13 hours ago | autismspeaks
- RT @autismvotes: Call Congress to honor the #Olmstead Anniversary! Ask for support of community living and co-sponsorship of the #EMPOWER C…13 hours ago | autismspeaks
- RT @bella_argentine: My autistic 9 year old brother got the Nintendo DS game he always wanted. His reaction is so pure and happy, I can’t h…14 hours ago | autismspeaks
- #TakeYourDogToWorkDay Service dog or therapy dog: Which is best for a child with autism? Advice from our experts: autismspeaks.org/blog/2016/07/1…14 hours ago | autismspeaks
- Advice from the experts: Child with autism obsessed with letters and numbers. Read more: bit.ly/2tPPpjy15 hours ago | autismspeaks