Communication Sciences and Disorders Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Speech Language Hearing Sciences and Communication Disorders MERLOT portal. Here you will find links to a repository of peer-reviewed, online resources for teaching and learning. By joining MERLOT (at no cost!), you will become part of a growing community of educators, scientists, clinical supervisors and clinicians who are using a variety of web-based materials and resources, submitting their own modules and resources to share with the community, developing new ideas to help you teach in your classroom and/or online as well as to provide learning materials you can share with students to enhance independent content learning.
The ASHA Convention is the premier annual professional education event for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists. Bringing together more than 12,000 attendees, the Annual Convention provides unparalleled opportunities to hear the latest research and gain new skills and resources to advance your career.
Get The Research: Open Access Research Search Engine/Tool for General Public
Get The Research is an Open Access Research Search Engine/Tool designed for the general public to make it easier to find,...
Research Organization Registry
The Research Organization Registry (ROR) is a community-led project to develop an open, sustainable, usable, and unique...
5.1a Argument Structures - Demonstrating Critical Thinking | Coursera
Learn online and earn valuable credentials from top universities like Yale, Michigan, Stanford, and leading companies...
Fostering Research Integrity: The Hong Kong Manifesto for Assessing Researchers
The Hong Kong Manifesto for Assessing Researchers: Fostering Research Integrity (22nd May 2019 version/6th World...
MoMo - Moving MOOC: Science 2.0 & Open Research Methods
Starting Nov 12, 2018, in the Moving MOOC (MOMO), young scholars and early career researchers (ECR) will learn to use...
CRediT : Open Research Scholarly Outputs Assessment Tool
CRedit (Contributor Roles Taxonomy) is high-level taxonomy including 14 roles, that can be used to represent the roles...
Introduction to Communication Disorders
The material described here include information relative to undergraduate students in pursuit of a bachelor's degree in...
TEDxBrussels: Open Science can save the planet
Frontiers’ CEO, Kamila Markram, makes a case at TEDxBrussels for why open science is the key to innovation, economic...
Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST)
The Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST) is a collaborative effort by like-minded individuals and organizations...
Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices
The Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices is designed for faculty, students, and researchers who want to better...
Open Science Training Handbook (ver 1)
The Open Science Training Handbook (ver. 1) is intended for anyone who wishes to host Open Science training events or...
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide is a practical reference/development tool for individuals...
Virtual Reality And It's Potential For Europe
Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) are technologies which have the potential to transform the way we work,...
Metrics-Toolkit.org | Helping you use metrics responsibly
The Metrics Toolkit provides evidence-based information about research metrics across disciplines, including how each...
Dimensions.ai: Open Access Research Repository
Digital Science Dimensions (DS Dimensions) is a linked research knowledge system that makes it easy to find and analyze...
Open Research Glossary
The Open Research Glossary is designed as a reference resource to inform people about the culture of "Open Scholarship."...
Rightsback.org: "Returning Authors' Rights" Termination of Transfer Tool
The Author's Alliance and Creative Commons have created the "Termination of Transfer" (ToT) tool that helps authors...
Open Science Framework (OSF)
As a free and open source Open Science/Open Research development tool, the Open Science Framework (OSF) allows for the...
European Union (EU) Bookshop: All EU publications You are looking for!
EU Bookshop is an online bookshop, library, and archive of publications dating back to 1952. It contains 110,000 titles...
Figshare: Making Open Research Discoverable
Figshare is a repository where users can make all of their research outputs available in a citable, shareable and...
Preprints.org: The Multidisciplinary Preprint Platform
Preprints.org is a platform dedicated to making early versions of research inputs available, including original research...
Google Expeditions App for Android
Google Expeditions enable teachers to bring students on virtual reality field trips (200+ expeditions) to places like...
Supporting Deaf And Hard Of Hearing Students
Students with a hearing disability have a number of assistive tools at their disposal. Some assistive technology, such as...
ASU's Education Through Exploration: Course Redesign for Next Generation Science Courseware
Arizona State University's Center for Education Through Exploration (ETX) has received a $10.8 million grant from NASA's...
John ChaplinGlobal Techno
Alexandra BasilakosUniversity of South Carolina System - Columbia
Sami MorenoAlamo Community/Technical College District - Northwest Vista College
Anusha SundarrajanSan Francisco State University
Kristen IpsonRocky Mountain University of Health Professions
Decemna TangCalifornia State University, San Marcos
usatech blogusa tech blog
Wendy ChaseRocky Mountain University of Health Professions
Denise WolfeUniversity of Nebraska System - Kearney
Karen BallCity University of New York System - Queens College
Kate DunckleyRush University
Bonnie SlavychUniversity of Central Missouri
Luis Eduardo Clavijo Usecheluclavijo
Danielle MossJames Madison University
- Academy of Neurological Communication Disorders and Sciences
- Academy of Rehabilitative Audiology
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
- Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Dysphagia Research Society
- International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- International Phonetics Association
- Educational Audiology Association
- International Society for Autism Research
- International Stuttering Association
- Multilingual Children's Association
- National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders: Directory of Organizations by Subject
- Society for Research in Child Development
- The Voice Foundation
Journals & Publications
- ASHA Journal Publications
- Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal
- Journal of Speech Pathology & Therapy
- Reading and Writing
- Ear and Hearing
- Brain and Language
- International Journal of Audiology
- Journal of Phonetics
- Journal of the American Academy of Audiology
- AAC: Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Topics in Language Disorders
- Annals of Dyslexia
- Trends in Hearing
- Language and Speech
- Journal of Fluency Disorders
- Journal of Voice
- Child Language Teaching and Therapy
- Journal of Communication Disorders
- Hearing Journal
- Seminars in Hearing
- Communication Disorders Quarterly
- Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Hearing, Balance, and Communication
Communication Sciences & Disorders on the Web
New research fuels hope for earlier diagnosis of autism
Dec 05, 2019 04:56 PM PST
Widow, single mother of twin boys with autism receives paid rent during holiday season
Dec 05, 2019 03:37 PM PST
Omaha firefighter, Autism Action Partnership come together to bring sensory kits to ambulances
Dec 05, 2019 03:26 PM PST
A Kenyan inventor's niece was born deaf so he made a glove that turns sign language into speech
Dec 05, 2019 02:41 PM PST
New program prepares educators to serve deaf/hard of hearing students
Dec 05, 2019 02:30 PM PST
Autistic teen lands lead in 'Elf: The Musical'
Dec 05, 2019 02:05 PM PST
Interest in sign language prompts new degree program at U of M, only one in Mid-South
Dec 05, 2019 12:26 PM PST
Rep. Bellino: Michigan House votes to restore funding for opioid recovery, autism intervention ...
Dec 05, 2019 12:15 PM PST
My sister has autism, and school keeps her engaged. But how will we care for her after graduation?
Dec 05, 2019 11:27 AM PST
The Entertainer store in Edinburgh will have autism-friendly Christmas quiet hour
Dec 05, 2019 11:18 AM PST
American Sign Language thrives on campus
Dec 05, 2019 10:51 AM PST
Scientists discover how specific genetic mutation causes intellectual disability, autism
Dec 05, 2019 10:45 AM PST
One in two homeless people has experienced a traumatic brain injury
Dec 05, 2019 10:22 AM PST
FDA Sends Untitled Letter to Company Marketing Stem Cell Treatment for Autism
Dec 05, 2019 08:52 AM PST
How gene mutation causes autism and intellectual disability
Dec 05, 2019 07:56 AM PST
Communication on Twitter
- "I have so many emotions because, it just makes me so happy that there are still people out there that think about… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- “Any way that we can reach out and make sure our guys are prepared when they come into a situation like this it’s a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- "We welcome programs that contribute to the acceptance and safety of the entire #DisabilityCommunity, and encourage… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- To help yourself and your students improve soft skills, check out the @ASHAleader December issue, #audpeeps &… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- The HLAA2020 Call for Papers Closes on Friday, December 6!
Interested in presenting at HLAA2020 Convention? We hav… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 day ago | HLAA
- 💙 twitter.com/dallascowboys/…
- If you have a question that we didn't get to, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "ASHA Holiday H… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- If you are concerned about your child’s hearing, or your child talks about ringing or discomfort in their ears, see… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Another tip for noisy toys (if you can get away with it!) is to take the batteries out. 😉#ASHAHolidayHearing