Communication Sciences and Disorders Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Speech Language Hearing Sciences and Communication Disorders MERLOT portal. Here you will find links to a repository of peer-reviewed, online resources for teaching and learning. By joining MERLOT (at no cost!), you will become part of a growing community of educators, scientists, clinical supervisors and clinicians who are using a variety of web-based materials and resources, submitting their own modules and resources to share with the community, developing new ideas to help you teach in your classroom and/or online as well as to provide learning materials you can share with students to enhance independent content learning.
The ASHA Convention is the premier annual professional education event for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists. Bringing together more than 12,000 attendees, the Annual Convention provides unparalleled opportunities to hear the latest research and gain new skills and resources to advance your career.
COMM101: Public Speaking
This course systematically examines the elements of an effective speech. The course textbook and lectures go through an...
Get The Research: Open Access Research Search Engine/Tool for General Public
Get The Research is an Open Access Research Search Engine/Tool designed for the general public to make it easier to find,...
Research Organization Registry
The Research Organization Registry (ROR) is a community-led project to develop an open, sustainable, usable, and unique...
5.1a Argument Structures - Demonstrating Critical Thinking | Coursera
Learn online and earn valuable credentials from top universities like Yale, Michigan, Stanford, and leading companies...
Fostering Research Integrity: The Hong Kong Manifesto for Assessing Researchers
The Hong Kong Manifesto for Assessing Researchers: Fostering Research Integrity (22nd May 2019 version/6th World...
MoMo - Moving MOOC: Science 2.0 & Open Research Methods
Starting Nov 12, 2018, in the Moving MOOC (MOMO), young scholars and early career researchers (ECR) will learn to use...
CRediT : Open Research Scholarly Outputs Assessment Tool
CRedit (Contributor Roles Taxonomy) is high-level taxonomy including 14 roles, that can be used to represent the roles...
Introduction to Communication Disorders
The material described here include information relative to undergraduate students in pursuit of a bachelor's degree in...
TEDxBrussels: Open Science can save the planet
Frontiers’ CEO, Kamila Markram, makes a case at TEDxBrussels for why open science is the key to innovation, economic...
Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST)
The Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST) is a collaborative effort by like-minded individuals and organizations...
Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices
The Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices is designed for faculty, students, and researchers who want to better...
Open Science Training Handbook (ver 1)
The Open Science Training Handbook (ver. 1) is intended for anyone who wishes to host Open Science training events or...
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide is a practical reference/development tool for individuals...
Metrics-Toolkit.org | Helping you use metrics responsibly
The Metrics Toolkit provides evidence-based information about research metrics across disciplines, including how each...
Dimensions.ai: Open Access Research Repository
Digital Science Dimensions (DS Dimensions) is a linked research knowledge system that makes it easy to find and analyze...
Open Research Glossary
The Open Research Glossary is designed as a reference resource to inform people about the culture of "Open Scholarship."...
Rightsback.org: "Returning Authors' Rights" Termination of Transfer Tool
The Author's Alliance and Creative Commons have created the "Termination of Transfer" (ToT) tool that helps authors...
Open Science Framework (OSF)
As a free and open source Open Science/Open Research development tool, the Open Science Framework (OSF) allows for the...
European Union (EU) Bookshop: All EU publications You are looking for!
EU Bookshop is an online bookshop, library, and archive of publications dating back to 1952. It contains 110,000 titles...
Figshare: Making Open Research Discoverable
Figshare is a repository where users can make all of their research outputs available in a citable, shareable and...
Preprints.org: The Multidisciplinary Preprint Platform
Preprints.org is a platform dedicated to making early versions of research inputs available, including original research...
Google Expeditions App for Android
Google Expeditions enable teachers to bring students on virtual reality field trips (200+ expeditions) to places like...
Supporting Deaf And Hard Of Hearing Students
Students with a hearing disability have a number of assistive tools at their disposal. Some assistive technology, such as...
ASU's Education Through Exploration: Course Redesign for Next Generation Science Courseware
Arizona State University's Center for Education Through Exploration (ETX) has received a $10.8 million grant from NASA's...
John ChaplinGlobal Techno
Alexandra BasilakosUniversity of South Carolina System - Columbia
Sami MorenoAlamo Community/Technical College District - Northwest Vista College
Anusha SundarrajanSan Francisco State University
Kristen IpsonRocky Mountain University of Health Professions
Decemna TangCalifornia State University, San Marcos
usatech blogusa tech blog
Wendy ChaseRocky Mountain University of Health Professions
Denise WolfeUniversity of Nebraska System - Kearney
Karen BallCity University of New York System - Queens College
Kate DunckleyRush University
Bonnie SlavychUniversity of Central Missouri
Luis Eduardo Clavijo Usecheluclavijo
- Academy of Neurological Communication Disorders and Sciences
- Academy of Rehabilitative Audiology
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
- Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Dysphagia Research Society
- International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- International Phonetics Association
- Educational Audiology Association
- International Society for Autism Research
- International Stuttering Association
- Multilingual Children's Association
- National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders: Directory of Organizations by Subject
- Society for Research in Child Development
- The Voice Foundation
Journals & Publications
- ASHA Journal Publications
- Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal
- Journal of Speech Pathology & Therapy
- Reading and Writing
- Ear and Hearing
- Brain and Language
- International Journal of Audiology
- Journal of Phonetics
- Journal of the American Academy of Audiology
- AAC: Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Topics in Language Disorders
- Annals of Dyslexia
- Trends in Hearing
- Language and Speech
- Journal of Fluency Disorders
- Journal of Voice
- Child Language Teaching and Therapy
- Journal of Communication Disorders
- Hearing Journal
- Seminars in Hearing
- Communication Disorders Quarterly
- Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Hearing, Balance, and Communication
Communication Sciences & Disorders on the Web
Academic Minute: Brain Performance in Kids With Autism
Feb 20, 2020 12:03 AM PST
Wellington opens Australasia's first specialised autism resource centre
Feb 19, 2020 10:22 PM PST
New research aims to find symptoms of autism in infants
Feb 19, 2020 09:26 PM PST
NSW program aims to bring job seekers with autism into public service
Feb 19, 2020 07:56 PM PST
Young drivers with autism prepare for 24-hour racing challenge
Feb 19, 2020 07:22 PM PST
Cortica Opens Center For Autism Evaluations And Therapies In Westlake Village
Feb 19, 2020 06:26 PM PST
Local volunteers head to Rwanda to help with autism efforts
Feb 19, 2020 05:41 PM PST
Harsha Autism Center's Facebook post announces closure
Feb 19, 2020 05:30 PM PST
How-to videos in sign language: Seven without hearing script a start-up story
Feb 19, 2020 04:15 PM PST
Jewish camp professionals meet at amusement park to learn about autism
Feb 19, 2020 03:48 PM PST
Antibiotics taken during pregnancy may cause cerebral palsy, epilepsy or autism
Feb 19, 2020 03:26 PM PST
Flagler Beach police throw surprise birthday party for boy with autism
Feb 19, 2020 03:15 PM PST
Mount Sterling woman hears clearly for the first time
Feb 19, 2020 02:52 PM PST
Speech Therapy Services Expansion Projected to Gain an Uptick During 2019-2025
Feb 19, 2020 02:41 PM PST
St. Paul to pay $95K after woman said cops didn't offer qualified sign-language interpreter
Feb 19, 2020 01:45 PM PST
This woman's boxing class helps young people on the autism spectrum
Feb 19, 2020 01:39 PM PST
Chemicals Used in Cosmetics May Be Tied to Increased Risk of Autism
Feb 19, 2020 01:22 PM PST
Bridgeport Senior Miranda Kress to pursue career in speech pathology, attend Ohio University
Feb 19, 2020 01:08 PM PST
Communication on Twitter
- Early Bird Registration for HLAA2020 Convention Ends March 2
Don’t miss your chance for a discounted rate on HLAA2… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…6 hours ago | HLAA
- RT @HearingJournal: Interested in using a #smartphone app to help manage your #tinnitus? Read what others have said about pros & cons in th…9 hours ago | HLAA
- "I couldn’t figure out how to improve my employment situation — or address the impact this constant rejection and f… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…10 hours ago | autismspeaks
- School-based SLPs, be on the lookout for the 2020 Schools Survey! Help us help you! Check out the data from last ye… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…11 hours ago | ASHAWeb
- With a service dog and #cochlearimplants, a student born #deaf tackles the rigors of an #AuD program. #audpeeps… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…12 hours ago | ASHAWeb
- World Hearing Day is March 3. Don't let hearing loss limit you.
#HLAA #hearingloss https://t.co/c6Z6rQSvNm, photo: pic.twitter.com/c6Z6rQSvNm13 hours ago | HLAA
- "Olly said: 'It was just so amazing, the idea was because my clothes spread a positive message they can help spread… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…13 hours ago | autismspeaks
- RT @autismvotes: #Georgia legislators need to hear from you! Register to join us on March 5 for a day of #autism advocacy at the state capi…14 hours ago | autismspeaks
- RT @HearingJournal: New @NorthwesternU study findings suggest that athletes have healthier #brain processing of sound https://t.co/ftiM8p6o…14 hours ago | HLAA