Communication Sciences and Disorders Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Speech Language Hearing Sciences and Communication Disorders MERLOT portal. Here you will find links to a repository of peer-reviewed, online resources for teaching and learning. By joining MERLOT (at no cost!), you will become part of a growing community of educators, scientists, clinical supervisors and clinicians who are using a variety of web-based materials and resources, submitting their own modules and resources to share with the community, developing new ideas to help you teach in your classroom and/or online as well as to provide learning materials you can share with students to enhance independent content learning.
The ASHA Convention is the premier annual professional education event for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists. Bringing together more than 12,000 attendees, the Annual Convention provides unparalleled opportunities to hear the latest research and gain new skills and resources to advance your career.
Open Science Training Handbook (ver 1)
The Open Science Training Handbook (ver. 1) is intended for anyone who wishes to host Open Science training events or...
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide is a practical reference/development tool for...
Virtual Reality And It's Potential For Europe
Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) are technologies which have the potential to transform the way we work,...
Metrics-Toolkit.org | Helping you use metrics responsibly
The Metrics Toolkit provides evidence-based information about research metrics across disciplines, including how each...
Dimensions.ai: Open Access Research Repository
Digital Science Dimensions (DS Dimensions) is a linked research knowledge system that makes it easy to find and analyze...
Open Research Glossary
The Open Research Glossary is designed as a reference resource to inform people about the culture of "Open Scholarship."...
Rightsback.org: "Returning Authors' Rights" Termination of Transfer Tool
The Author's Alliance and Creative Commons have created the "Termination of Transfer" (ToT) tool that helps authors...
European Union (EU) Bookshop: All EU publications You are looking for!
EU Bookshop is an online bookshop, library, and archive of publications dating back to 1952. It contains 110,000 titles...
Figshare: Making Open Research Discoverable
Figshare is a repository where users can make all of their research outputs available in a citable, shareable and...
Preprints.org: The Multidisciplinary Preprint Platform
Preprints.org is a platform dedicated to making early versions of research inputs available, including original research...
Google Expeditions App for Android
Google Expeditions enable teachers to bring students on virtual reality field trips (200+ expeditions) to places like...
Supporting Deaf And Hard Of Hearing Students
Students with a hearing disability have a number of assistive tools at their disposal. Some assistive technology, such as...
ASU's Education Through Exploration: Course Redesign for Next Generation Science Courseware
Arizona State University's Center for Education Through Exploration (ETX) has received a $10.8 million grant from NASA's...
CORE: Open Access Public-University Research Library (Repository)
CORE (COnnecting REpositories) is an Open Access Internet Public Library (OA-IPL/Open Journal System) for research whose...
ICT in Communication Sciences and Disorders Education
This collection of resources focuses on ICT literacy for education in communication sciences and disorders. It includes...
BrainFacts.org is an authoritative source of information about the brain and nervous system for the public. The site is a...
Avatalker AAC App for iPad
'Introducing Avatalker® AAC: You've never seen anything like this! Avatalker® AAC is a robust, full-featured...
Auditory Processing Studio App for iPad
'Auditory Processing Studio was created by a certified speech and language pathologist for adults and children ages 7 and...
Decibel 10th App for iOS
'Decibel 10th turns your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch into a professional sound meter, precisely measures the sound...
You can create an attractive PowerPoint presentation today. Get basic visual communication pointers and take the...
HealthTap App for iOS
HealthTap allows you to have online access to physicians right from your phone. Ask a question, and volunteer and...
Sumanasinc - Vestibular System
Information about the vestibular system.
PATTS: The Auditory and Vestibular Systems
Provides information about the anatomy of the ear along with the functions of the auditory and vestibular systems.
Split Brain Behavioral Experiments
A video which explains the result of severing the corpus callosum based off of one man's story.
Danielle MossJames Madison University
Marissa ValdezQuirino State University
Shelley LundUniversity of Wisconsin System - Milwaukee
Matthew BakkeGallaudet University
Melissa BentonWebster University
Mimi PalmerAmerican Business & Technology University
Linda FrielTrinity Christian College
Arnon JannokSuranaree University of Technology
Lisa LaSalleUniversity of Redlands
Angel SpotornoONG Sintesis
Mariateresa MunozFlorida International University
Daniela CrudeliICS di via Maniago Milano
KEIKO NAKAOOtsuma Women's University junior college division
Racheal RajahSpecial Ed
Carole GelferMonmouth University
Sheridan ForsterRoyal Melbourne Institute of Technology
Fred KingSUNY The State University of New York
Linda MiloskySyracuse University
- Academy of Neurological Communication Disorders and Sciences
- Academy of Rehabilitative Audiology
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
- Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Dysphagia Research Society
- International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- International Phonetics Association
- Educational Audiology Association
- International Society for Autism Research
- International Stuttering Association
- Multilingual Children's Association
- National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders: Directory of Organizations by Subject
- Society for Research in Child Development
- The Voice Foundation
Journals & Publications
- ASHA Journal Publications
- Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal
- Journal of Speech Pathology & Therapy
- Reading and Writing
- Ear and Hearing
- Brain and Language
- International Journal of Audiology
- Journal of Phonetics
- Journal of the American Academy of Audiology
- AAC: Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Topics in Language Disorders
- Annals of Dyslexia
- Trends in Hearing
- Language and Speech
- Journal of Fluency Disorders
- Journal of Voice
- Child Language Teaching and Therapy
- Journal of Communication Disorders
- Hearing Journal
- Seminars in Hearing
- Communication Disorders Quarterly
- Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Hearing, Balance, and Communication
Communication Sciences & Disorders on the Web
Hundreds to gather for Autism Care Walk
Apr 26, 2018 03:52 PM PDT
New CDC figures on autism 'no surprise' to RVA mother, advocates
Apr 26, 2018 03:30 PM PDT
She sued MCSD to get her son better autism treatment. Now, they helped open new facility.
Apr 26, 2018 03:15 PM PDT
New CDC Numbers Snow Spike In Autism Diagnoses
Apr 26, 2018 02:56 PM PDT
NJ Tops Country For Autism
Apr 26, 2018 02:39 PM PDT
Here's why the apparent increase in autism spectrum disorders may be good for US children
Apr 26, 2018 02:33 PM PDT
Uptick of Autism Spectrum Disorder Seen in CDC Network
Apr 26, 2018 02:11 PM PDT
Study Shows New Jersey Has Highest Rate Of Autism In Children
Apr 26, 2018 02:06 PM PDT
CDC: Autism Is On The Rise In US
Apr 26, 2018 02:00 PM PDT
Ocoee police work to better understand growing autism in community
Apr 26, 2018 01:48 PM PDT
1 in 59 children has autism, CDC says
Apr 26, 2018 01:26 PM PDT
Stop using autism statistics for fear-mongering
Apr 26, 2018 01:03 PM PDT
Autism Rates Jump Among US Children
Apr 26, 2018 12:52 PM PDT
Autism Disorder Increases Among US Children, CDC Study Finds
Apr 26, 2018 12:41 PM PDT
New Data on Autism
Apr 26, 2018 12:31 PM PDT
Autism rates continue to climb, and experts don't exactly know why
Apr 26, 2018 12:18 PM PDT
Autism affects 1 in 59 children in US, CDC says
Apr 26, 2018 11:56 AM PDT
Communication on Twitter
- 17 children’s books that promote understanding of autism. Read more: bit.ly/2KiDvmm #LightItUpBlue1 hour ago | autismspeaks
- Autism Speaks elects four dynamic business leaders to its national board: autismspeaks.org/about-us/press…1 hour ago | autismspeaks
- Local mother shares advice, message of kindness for Autism Awareness Month. Read more: bit.ly/2I6QkQ9 #LightItUpBlue2 hours ago | autismspeaks
- "Jayden is coming to work with me after all, because just like other kids he deserves all the love and opportunitie… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…3 hours ago | autismspeaks
- At Greenville, SC event, search and rescue dogs train to find children with autism. Read more: grnol.co/2KgHDDl #LightItUpBlue4 hours ago | autismspeaks
- .@CDCgov new estimate of autism’s prevalence at 1 in 59 children. “These findings demonstrate that while progress h… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Disappointingly, the new @CDCgov report found no overall decrease in the age of diagnosis. In 2014, most children w… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- RT @CommishDiaz: Don't forget this Sunday April 29th , I will be at the @autismspeaks Walk in @Cityofdoral Central Park at 8:30am! Join us…
- Now Hiring: Audiologist | Norfolk Ear, Nose & Throat, P.C.: US - Norfolk, NE | joburl.ws/10981774 #jobs6 hours ago | AcademyofAuD
- RT @RepSires: Excited to be a new member of the Congressional #Autism Caucus and work with my colleagues this month to #LightItUpBlue for #…6 hours ago | autismspeaks