Communication Sciences and Disorders Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Speech Language Hearing Sciences and Communication Disorders MERLOT portal. Here you will find links to a repository of peer-reviewed, online resources for teaching and learning. By joining MERLOT (at no cost!), you will become part of a growing community of educators, scientists, clinical supervisors and clinicians who are using a variety of web-based materials and resources, submitting their own modules and resources to share with the community, developing new ideas to help you teach in your classroom and/or online as well as to provide learning materials you can share with students to enhance independent content learning.
The ASHA Convention is the premier annual professional education event for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists. Bringing together more than 12,000 attendees, the Annual Convention provides unparalleled opportunities to hear the latest research and gain new skills and resources to advance your career.
Get The Research: Open Access Research Search Engine/Tool for General Public
Get The Research is an Open Access Research Search Engine/Tool designed for the general public to make it easier to find,...
Research Organization Registry
The Research Organization Registry (ROR) is a community-led project to develop an open, sustainable, usable, and unique...
5.1a Argument Structures - Demonstrating Critical Thinking | Coursera
Learn online and earn valuable credentials from top universities like Yale, Michigan, Stanford, and leading companies...
Fostering Research Integrity: The Hong Kong Manifesto for Assessing Researchers
The Hong Kong Manifesto for Assessing Researchers: Fostering Research Integrity (22nd May 2019 version/6th World...
MoMo - Moving MOOC: Science 2.0 & Open Research Methods
Starting Nov 12, 2018, in the Moving MOOC (MOMO), young scholars and early career researchers (ECR) will learn to use...
CRediT : Open Research Scholarly Outputs Assessment Tool
CRedit (Contributor Roles Taxonomy) is high-level taxonomy including 14 roles, that can be used to represent the roles...
Introduction to Communication Disorders
The material described here include information relative to undergraduate students in pursuit of a bachelor's degree in...
TEDxBrussels: Open Science can save the planet
Frontiers’ CEO, Kamila Markram, makes a case at TEDxBrussels for why open science is the key to innovation, economic...
Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST)
The Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST) is a collaborative effort by like-minded individuals and organizations...
Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices
The Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices is designed for faculty, students, and researchers who want to better...
Open Science Training Handbook (ver 1)
The Open Science Training Handbook (ver. 1) is intended for anyone who wishes to host Open Science training events or...
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide is a practical reference/development tool for individuals...
Metrics-Toolkit.org | Helping you use metrics responsibly
The Metrics Toolkit provides evidence-based information about research metrics across disciplines, including how each...
Dimensions.ai: Open Access Research Repository
Digital Science Dimensions (DS Dimensions) is a linked research knowledge system that makes it easy to find and analyze...
Open Research Glossary
The Open Research Glossary is designed as a reference resource to inform people about the culture of "Open Scholarship."...
Rightsback.org: "Returning Authors' Rights" Termination of Transfer Tool
The Author's Alliance and Creative Commons have created the "Termination of Transfer" (ToT) tool that helps authors...
Open Science Framework (OSF)
As a free and open source Open Science/Open Research development tool, the Open Science Framework (OSF) allows for the...
European Union (EU) Bookshop: All EU publications You are looking for!
EU Bookshop is an online bookshop, library, and archive of publications dating back to 1952. It contains 110,000 titles...
Figshare: Making Open Research Discoverable
Figshare is a repository where users can make all of their research outputs available in a citable, shareable and...
Preprints.org: The Multidisciplinary Preprint Platform
Preprints.org is a platform dedicated to making early versions of research inputs available, including original research...
Google Expeditions App for Android
Google Expeditions enable teachers to bring students on virtual reality field trips (200+ expeditions) to places like...
Supporting Deaf And Hard Of Hearing Students
Students with a hearing disability have a number of assistive tools at their disposal. Some assistive technology, such as...
ASU's Education Through Exploration: Course Redesign for Next Generation Science Courseware
Arizona State University's Center for Education Through Exploration (ETX) has received a $10.8 million grant from NASA's...
CORE: Open Access Public-University Research Library (Repository)
CORE (COnnecting REpositories) is an Open Access Internet Public Library (OA-IPL/Open Journal System) for research whose...
John ChaplinGlobal Techno
Alexandra BasilakosUniversity of South Carolina System - Columbia
Sami MorenoAlamo Community/Technical College District - Northwest Vista College
Anusha SundarrajanSan Francisco State University
Kristen IpsonRocky Mountain University of Health Professions
Decemna TangCalifornia State University, San Marcos
usatech blogusa tech blog
Wendy ChaseRocky Mountain University of Health Professions
Denise WolfeUniversity of Nebraska System - Kearney
Karen BallCity University of New York System - Queens College
Kate DunckleyRush University
Bonnie SlavychUniversity of Central Missouri
Luis Eduardo Clavijo Usecheluclavijo
- Academy of Neurological Communication Disorders and Sciences
- Academy of Rehabilitative Audiology
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
- Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Dysphagia Research Society
- International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- International Phonetics Association
- Educational Audiology Association
- International Society for Autism Research
- International Stuttering Association
- Multilingual Children's Association
- National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders: Directory of Organizations by Subject
- Society for Research in Child Development
- The Voice Foundation
Journals & Publications
- ASHA Journal Publications
- Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal
- Journal of Speech Pathology & Therapy
- Reading and Writing
- Ear and Hearing
- Brain and Language
- International Journal of Audiology
- Journal of Phonetics
- Journal of the American Academy of Audiology
- AAC: Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Topics in Language Disorders
- Annals of Dyslexia
- Trends in Hearing
- Language and Speech
- Journal of Fluency Disorders
- Journal of Voice
- Child Language Teaching and Therapy
- Journal of Communication Disorders
- Hearing Journal
- Seminars in Hearing
- Communication Disorders Quarterly
- Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Hearing, Balance, and Communication
Communication Sciences & Disorders on the Web
Our View: Autism center would fill a treatment void
Jan 23, 2020 01:00 AM PST
Global Autism Drug Market 2020:Qualitative Analysis By Abbott, Pfizer Inc, Novartis AG, Saniona ...
Jan 22, 2020 10:32 PM PST
2 children, 1 with autism, missing from Battle Creek
Jan 22, 2020 05:52 PM PST
Destrehan boy uses sign language to perform National Anthem at College Football Championship
Jan 22, 2020 04:22 PM PST
San Marcos man selling his art after suffering hearing loss
Jan 22, 2020 04:11 PM PST
Austin ISD Considers Opening A School For Young Adults With Autism
Jan 22, 2020 03:37 PM PST
Children with autism in WA 'languishing' in mental health wards, youth advocates say
Jan 22, 2020 02:42 PM PST
Children with autism 'languishing' in WA emergency departments and mental health wards, youth ...
Jan 22, 2020 02:41 PM PST
NDAD Autism Assistance ~ Ken Farmer of Antiques Roadshow
Jan 22, 2020 02:18 PM PST
New Harrisburg-area gym caters to kid's with autism, special needs
Jan 22, 2020 01:45 PM PST
Man Accused Of Setting Home On Fire, Trapping Teen With Autism Inside, Who Later Died
Jan 22, 2020 12:37 PM PST
Diffusion Tensor Imaging Traumatic Brain Injury
Jan 22, 2020 12:15 PM PST
Abstract Art for Autism Opening
Jan 22, 2020 12:03 PM PST
Man gains impressive new talent after traumatic brain injury
Jan 22, 2020 11:52 AM PST
Autism Study: Females Often Diagnosed Later Due To Different Signs Of ASD
Jan 22, 2020 11:41 AM PST
Aphasia Threads: Jorge, Luke, and Kwadwo
Jan 22, 2020 11:38 AM PST
Audiologists Spread Word About Noise-Induced Hearing Loss
Jan 22, 2020 11:18 AM PST
I think I have hearing loss. Now what?
Jan 22, 2020 10:56 AM PST
Communication on Twitter
- Our Local Impact Grants application is open for non-profit service providers in all 50 states and United States ter… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…12 hours ago | autismspeaks
- If you or your organization is hosting an autism-friendly event, feel free to submit it below to be added to our ca… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Looking for autism-friendly events in your area? Check out our event calendar: autismspeaks.org/events?locatio…
- Peer support. Engaging exchanges on #velopharyngeal surgery. Access to timely resources. SIG 5 offers all that and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…14 hours ago | ASHAWeb
- RT @HearingReview: One of the immediate effects of hearing loss is that individuals immediately become more #isolated, and tend to withdraw…
- RT @better_hearing: Thanks to streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime, movies — including many of this year's Oscar nominees — h…
- RT @HearingHealthM: New Drug Under Development to Prevent Age-Related Hearing Loss ow.ly/DyAt50xLbnO
- "@FelicityHouse_ in New York City opened in 2015 to offer women with autism a place to come together and feel comfo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Now Hiring: Audiologist | Medical Park Ear, Nose and Throat: Lewisburg, Pennsylvania | joburl.ws/13284580 #jobs15 hours ago | AcademyofAuD