Communication Sciences and Disorders Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Speech Language Hearing Sciences and Communication Disorders MERLOT portal. Here you will find links to a repository of peer-reviewed, online resources for teaching and learning. By joining MERLOT (at no cost!), you will become part of a growing community of educators, scientists, clinical supervisors and clinicians who are using a variety of web-based materials and resources, submitting their own modules and resources to share with the community, developing new ideas to help you teach in your classroom and/or online as well as to provide learning materials you can share with students to enhance independent content learning.
The ASHA Convention is the premier annual professional education event for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists. Bringing together more than 12,000 attendees, the Annual Convention provides unparalleled opportunities to hear the latest research and gain new skills and resources to advance your career.
Open Scholarship Knowledge Base
The Open Scholarship Knowledge Base contains resources created, curated, and contributed by the Open Scholarship...
Self-display, body image, and social media.
This article supports the theories of body dissatisfaction and the effects from social media.
How To Delete POF account?
POF (Plenty Of Fish) is one of the most popular online dating services available, but regardless of how famous it's , it...
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Compliance Guideline
The EU General Data Protection Regulation went into effect on May 25, 2018, replacing the Data Protection Directive...
ORCID: Connecting Research & Researchers
ORCID provides a "persistent identifier" (an ORCID) that you own and control, and that distinguishes you from every other...
COMM101: Public Speaking
This course systematically examines the elements of an effective speech. The course textbook and lectures go through an...
Get The Research: Open Access Research Search Engine/Tool for General Public
Get The Research is an Open Access Research Search Engine/Tool designed for the general public to make it easier to find,...
Research Organization Registry
The Research Organization Registry (ROR) is a community-led project to develop an open, sustainable, usable, and unique...
5.1a Argument Structures - Demonstrating Critical Thinking | Coursera
Learn online and earn valuable credentials from top universities like Yale, Michigan, Stanford, and leading companies...
Fostering Research Integrity: The Hong Kong Manifesto for Assessing Researchers
The Hong Kong Manifesto for Assessing Researchers: Fostering Research Integrity (22nd May 2019 version/6th World...
MoMo - Moving MOOC: Science 2.0 & Open Research Methods
Starting Nov 12, 2018, in the Moving MOOC (MOMO), young scholars and early career researchers (ECR) will learn to use...
CRediT : Open Research Scholarly Outputs Assessment Tool
CRedit (Contributor Roles Taxonomy) is high-level taxonomy including 14 roles, that can be used to represent the roles...
Introduction to Communication Disorders
The material described here include information relative to undergraduate students in pursuit of a bachelor's degree in...
TEDxBrussels: Open Science can save the planet
Frontiers’ CEO, Kamila Markram, makes a case at TEDxBrussels for why open science is the key to innovation, economic...
Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST)
The Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST) is a collaborative effort by like-minded individuals and organizations...
Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices
The Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices is designed for faculty, students, and researchers who want to better...
Open Science Training Handbook (ver 1)
The Open Science Training Handbook (ver. 1) is intended for anyone who wishes to host Open Science training events or...
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide is a practical reference/development tool for individuals...
Metrics-Toolkit.org | Helping you use metrics responsibly
The Metrics Toolkit provides evidence-based information about research metrics across disciplines, including how each...
Dimensions.ai: Open Access Research Repository
Digital Science Dimensions (DS Dimensions) is a linked research knowledge system that makes it easy to find and analyze...
Open Research Glossary
The Open Research Glossary is designed as a reference resource to inform people about the culture of "Open Scholarship."...
Rightsback.org: "Returning Authors' Rights" Termination of Transfer Tool
The Author's Alliance and Creative Commons have created the "Termination of Transfer" (ToT) tool that helps authors...
Open Science Framework (OSF)
As a free and open source Open Science/Open Research development tool, the Open Science Framework (OSF) allows for the...
European Union (EU) Bookshop: All EU publications You are looking for!
EU Bookshop is an online bookshop, library, and archive of publications dating back to 1952. It contains 110,000 titles...
Bonnie CookeSt. Lawrence College of Applied Arts and Technology
Karen AicherBridgewater State College
Neal FoxCrystal Springs Uplands School
Susan BrownMurray State University
David BurksCommunity College Preparatory Academy
Lobna AlshwerefNexfod University
AnnMarie KnightColumbia College
Fran PrezantSacred Heart University
Kimberly MeighWest Virginia University
Tomás MosqueiraUniversidad del Desarrollo
Patrícia CandeiasFundação Portuguesa das Comunicações
Danica BillingslyNorthern Illinois University
Jennifer HatfieldIndiana University System - Indiana University-South Bend
Lesley ManciniDelta State University
Louise WrensfordUniversity System of Georgia - Albany State University
Celeste DomschTexas State University-San Marcos
Sharon Beaumont-BowmanCity University of New York System - Brooklyn College
Shelley VellemanUniversity of Vermont
- Academy of Neurological Communication Disorders and Sciences
- Academy of Rehabilitative Audiology
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
- Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Dysphagia Research Society
- International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- International Phonetics Association
- Educational Audiology Association
- International Society for Autism Research
- International Stuttering Association
- Multilingual Children's Association
- National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders: Directory of Organizations by Subject
- Society for Research in Child Development
- The Voice Foundation
Journals & Publications
- ASHA Journal Publications
- Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal
- Journal of Speech Pathology & Therapy
- Reading and Writing
- Ear and Hearing
- Brain and Language
- International Journal of Audiology
- Journal of Phonetics
- Journal of the American Academy of Audiology
- AAC: Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Topics in Language Disorders
- Annals of Dyslexia
- Trends in Hearing
- Language and Speech
- Journal of Fluency Disorders
- Journal of Voice
- Child Language Teaching and Therapy
- Journal of Communication Disorders
- Hearing Journal
- Seminars in Hearing
- Communication Disorders Quarterly
- Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Hearing, Balance, and Communication
Communication Sciences & Disorders on the Web
Autism Center brings pumpkin patch to clients with community's aid
Oct 27, 2020 04:56 PM PDT
Pandemic's impact on kids in the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community
Oct 27, 2020 04:15 PM PDT
Family of breast cancer survivor with autism tells her story
Oct 27, 2020 03:17 PM PDT
Teacher Tommy Lanza, 41, leaves remarkable legacy in autism community
Oct 27, 2020 03:07 PM PDT
Deaf voters reliant on sign language report inadequate access to the polls in Bexar County
Oct 27, 2020 02:22 PM PDT
Huntsville boy asks for donations for children with autism
Oct 27, 2020 02:10 PM PDT
Outcomes 1 and 2 years after moderate to severe traumatic brain injury: An international ...
Oct 27, 2020 01:48 PM PDT
Md. high court sets workers' comp hearing loss at retirement
Oct 27, 2020 01:03 PM PDT
The truth about hearing loss and hearing aids with Indiana Hearing Specialists
Oct 27, 2020 12:41 PM PDT
New Autism Therapy Center for Children Opening in Federal Way Next Month
Oct 27, 2020 11:45 AM PDT
Oct 27, 2020 11:33 AM PDT
Group home provider settles allegation from deaf resident
Oct 27, 2020 11:22 AM PDT
COVID-19 UPDATE: Autism Therapy Market Likely to Experience a Tremendous Growth in Near ...
Oct 27, 2020 10:37 AM PDT
Trains and Outer Space—The Unique Worlds Within Autism
Oct 27, 2020 09:54 AM PDT
NIOSH Releases New Noise Research for Service Sector Workers and Ways to Prevent ...
Oct 27, 2020 09:07 AM PDT
Burnley schoolboy has such severe autism he struggles to leave the house
Oct 27, 2020 08:58 AM PDT
Communication on Twitter
- Mild hearing loss doubles the risk of dementia.
hearwellstayvital.org https://t.co/ci9nqtpQf6, photo: pic.twitter.com/ci9nqtpQf61 day ago | HLAA
- Way to go Micah! via @Upworthy
- Putting patients first in #hearinghealthcare requires us to change—but also equips us to handle the evolving landsc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- This is the last week to participate in early voting #AutismVotes
Check if and when early voting takes place in yo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @ASHAAdvocacy: Have you downloaded your copy of ASHA's 2021 ICD-10 code lists yet? They are the most up-to-date lists of diagnosis codes…
- These #WorldSeries games are INTENSE! Are you watching with your family?
⚾ ⚾ ⚾
Baseball can bring families toget… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Now Hiring: Audiology Externship | Washington University: St. Louis MO | joburl.ws/14040449 #jobs1 day ago | AcademyofAuD
- Now Hiring: Externship Opportunities Across the US! | Connect Hearing: Nationwide | joburl.ws/14040443 #jobs1 day ago | AcademyofAuD
- hearwellstayvital.org https://t.co/YvYH7f2UyQ, photo: pic.twitter.com/YvYH7f2UyQ1 day ago | HLAA
- #SLPeeps #SLP #slt #SLP2b #schoolSLP #SLPlife #ASHA Free Live Chat alert!
"#Stuttering Treatment: Best Practices f… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…