Communication Sciences and Disorders Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Speech Language Hearing Sciences and Communication Disorders MERLOT portal. Here you will find links to a repository of peer-reviewed, online resources for teaching and learning. By joining MERLOT (at no cost!), you will become part of a growing community of educators, scientists, clinical supervisors and clinicians who are using a variety of web-based materials and resources, submitting their own modules and resources to share with the community, developing new ideas to help you teach in your classroom and/or online as well as to provide learning materials you can share with students to enhance independent content learning.
The ASHA Convention is the premier annual professional education event for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists. Bringing together more than 12,000 attendees, the Annual Convention provides unparalleled opportunities to hear the latest research and gain new skills and resources to advance your career.
Introduction to Communication Disorders
The material described here include information relative to undergraduate students in pursuit of a bachelor's degree in...
TEDxBrussels: Open Science can save the planet
Frontiers’ CEO, Kamila Markram, makes a case at TEDxBrussels for why open science is the key to innovation, economic...
Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST)
The Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST) is a collaborative effort by like-minded individuals and organizations...
Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices
The Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices is designed for faculty, students, and researchers who want to better...
Open Science Training Handbook (ver 1)
The Open Science Training Handbook (ver. 1) is intended for anyone who wishes to host Open Science training events or...
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide is a practical reference/development tool for...
Virtual Reality And It's Potential For Europe
Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) are technologies which have the potential to transform the way we work,...
Metrics-Toolkit.org | Helping you use metrics responsibly
The Metrics Toolkit provides evidence-based information about research metrics across disciplines, including how each...
Dimensions.ai: Open Access Research Repository
Digital Science Dimensions (DS Dimensions) is a linked research knowledge system that makes it easy to find and analyze...
Open Research Glossary
The Open Research Glossary is designed as a reference resource to inform people about the culture of "Open Scholarship."...
Rightsback.org: "Returning Authors' Rights" Termination of Transfer Tool
The Author's Alliance and Creative Commons have created the "Termination of Transfer" (ToT) tool that helps authors...
Open Science Framework (OSF)
As a free and open source Open Science/Open Research development tool, the Open Science Framework (OSF) allows for the...
European Union (EU) Bookshop: All EU publications You are looking for!
EU Bookshop is an online bookshop, library, and archive of publications dating back to 1952. It contains 110,000 titles...
Figshare: Making Open Research Discoverable
Figshare is a repository where users can make all of their research outputs available in a citable, shareable and...
Preprints.org: The Multidisciplinary Preprint Platform
Preprints.org is a platform dedicated to making early versions of research inputs available, including original research...
Google Expeditions App for Android
Google Expeditions enable teachers to bring students on virtual reality field trips (200+ expeditions) to places like...
Supporting Deaf And Hard Of Hearing Students
Students with a hearing disability have a number of assistive tools at their disposal. Some assistive technology, such as...
ASU's Education Through Exploration: Course Redesign for Next Generation Science Courseware
Arizona State University's Center for Education Through Exploration (ETX) has received a $10.8 million grant from NASA's...
CORE: Open Access Public-University Research Library (Repository)
CORE (COnnecting REpositories) is an Open Access Internet Public Library (OA-IPL/Open Journal System) for research whose...
ICT in Communication Sciences and Disorders Education
This collection of resources focuses on ICT literacy for education in communication sciences and disorders. It includes...
BrainFacts.org is an authoritative source of information about the brain and nervous system for the public. The site is a...
Avatalker AAC App for iPad
'Introducing Avatalker® AAC: You've never seen anything like this! Avatalker® AAC is a robust, full-featured...
Auditory Processing Studio App for iPad
'Auditory Processing Studio was created by a certified speech and language pathologist for adults and children ages 7 and...
Decibel 10th App for iOS
'Decibel 10th turns your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch into a professional sound meter, precisely measures the sound...
Danielle MossJames Madison University
Marissa ValdezQuirino State University
Shelley LundUniversity of Wisconsin System - Milwaukee
Matthew BakkeGallaudet University
Melissa BentonWebster University
Mimi PalmerAmerican Business & Technology University
Linda FrielTrinity Christian College
Arnon JannokSuranaree University of Technology
Lisa LaSalleUniversity of Redlands
Angel SpotornoONG Sintesis
Mariateresa MunozFlorida International University
Daniela CrudeliICS di via Maniago Milano
KEIKO NAKAOOtsuma Women's University junior college division
Racheal RajahSpecial Ed
Carole GelferMonmouth University
Sheridan ForsterRoyal Melbourne Institute of Technology
Fred KingSUNY The State University of New York
- Academy of Neurological Communication Disorders and Sciences
- Academy of Rehabilitative Audiology
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
- Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Dysphagia Research Society
- International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- International Phonetics Association
- Educational Audiology Association
- International Society for Autism Research
- International Stuttering Association
- Multilingual Children's Association
- National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders: Directory of Organizations by Subject
- Society for Research in Child Development
- The Voice Foundation
Journals & Publications
- ASHA Journal Publications
- Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal
- Journal of Speech Pathology & Therapy
- Reading and Writing
- Ear and Hearing
- Brain and Language
- International Journal of Audiology
- Journal of Phonetics
- Journal of the American Academy of Audiology
- AAC: Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Topics in Language Disorders
- Annals of Dyslexia
- Trends in Hearing
- Language and Speech
- Journal of Fluency Disorders
- Journal of Voice
- Child Language Teaching and Therapy
- Journal of Communication Disorders
- Hearing Journal
- Seminars in Hearing
- Communication Disorders Quarterly
- Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Hearing, Balance, and Communication
Communication Sciences & Disorders on the Web
Autism: The importance of early detection
Aug 19, 2018 02:56 PM PDT
Deaf Comedian To Stage First Solo Show During Keybank Rochester Fringe Festival
Aug 19, 2018 02:15 PM PDT
Louisiana's first tuition-free school for children with Autism welcomes first class Monday
Aug 19, 2018 12:52 PM PDT
Sharing Eid delight with special children
Aug 19, 2018 12:18 PM PDT
God Loves Autism
Aug 19, 2018 11:45 AM PDT
Young Thug Releases Snake-Filled "Visualizers" For Every "Slime Language" Song
Aug 19, 2018 11:11 AM PDT
Autism and DDT: What One Million Pregnancies Can--and Can't--Reveal
Aug 19, 2018 10:37 AM PDT
Upstate launches new degree program that will train behavior analysts to help people with autism ...
Aug 19, 2018 10:20 AM PDT
A journey to independence for special needs adults in Myrtle Beach
Aug 19, 2018 09:00 AM PDT
Gender difference in seeing fast-moving objects suggests autism clue
Aug 19, 2018 07:03 AM PDT
The Deaf Shepherd: How Pastor Born With Hearing Loss Is Making a Difference in Michigan
Aug 19, 2018 05:56 AM PDT
County Limerick town leading the way on sign language
Aug 19, 2018 05:04 AM PDT
Behind the scenes: Local bands unite on 'One Perfect Summer' album for Surfers Healing autism ...
Aug 19, 2018 03:52 AM PDT
Autism can be spotted by watching babies' reactions to incy-wincy spider and peek-a-boo, study says
Aug 19, 2018 03:18 AM PDT
Society Notebook: Adults with autism have Signs of Hope
Aug 19, 2018 01:03 AM PDT
Desperate plea to find missing man Alex Henderson
Aug 18, 2018 11:11 PM PDT
Local police officers train in interacting with people with autism
Aug 18, 2018 10:22 PM PDT
Sign language version of Amhrán na bhFiann to be performed at today's All-Ireland hurling final
Aug 18, 2018 10:15 PM PDT
Communication on Twitter
- Teacher seeks advice from our experts: Student with autism intimidates others bit.ly/2EMHJU71 hour ago | autismspeaks
- Baby Teeth May Provide Clues to #AutismSpectrumDisorder, says recent study: on.asha.org/2KHFvnf @ASHAleader… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 hour ago | ASHAWeb
- "Self-discovery is a process and I’m a firm believer there’s no such thing as too little too late." Via… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | autismspeaks
- Looking at housing and community living options for your child? This kit helps identify appropriate options bit.ly/HousingandComm…3 hours ago | autismspeaks
- "If your child has sensory issues make sure he or she has a favorite sensory item available from the first day." bit.ly/2AXpx8M5 hours ago | autismspeaks
- Does your loved one on the spectrum have issues with sleep? Download our "Sleep Strategies for Teens with #Autism:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…6 hours ago | autismspeaks
- Teacher seeks advice from our experts: Student with autism intimidates others bit.ly/2EMHJU713 hours ago | autismspeaks
- Andi Miranti shares his journey to becoming a comic writer with autism. Via @Star2dotcom bit.ly/2BhC9rG23 hours ago | autismspeaks
- "I always loved when teachers took time to talk with me alone, not only during class." bit.ly/2rv2ZEx1 day ago | autismspeaks
- Newfoundland town leading the way as Canada's 'most autism-friendly.' Via @ctvnews bit.ly/2vSSiyt1 day ago | autismspeaks