Communication Sciences and Disorders Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Speech Language Hearing Sciences and Communication Disorders MERLOT portal. Here you will find links to a repository of peer-reviewed, online resources for teaching and learning. By joining MERLOT (at no cost!), you will become part of a growing community of educators, scientists, clinical supervisors and clinicians who are using a variety of web-based materials and resources, submitting their own modules and resources to share with the community, developing new ideas to help you teach in your classroom and/or online as well as to provide learning materials you can share with students to enhance independent content learning.
The ASHA Convention is the premier annual professional education event for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists. Bringing together more than 12,000 attendees, the Annual Convention provides unparalleled opportunities to hear the latest research and gain new skills and resources to advance your career.
Research Organization Registry
The Research Organization Registry (ROR) is a community-led project to develop an open, sustainable, usable, and unique...
5.1a Argument Structures - Demonstrating Critical Thinking | Coursera
Learn online and earn valuable credentials from top universities like Yale, Michigan, Stanford, and leading companies...
Fostering Research Integrity: The Hong Kong Manifesto for Assessing Researchers
The Hong Kong Manifesto for Assessing Researchers: Fostering Research Integrity (22nd May 2019 version/6th World...
MoMo - Moving MOOC: Science 2.0 & Open Research Methods
Starting Nov 12, 2018, in the Moving MOOC (MOMO), young scholars and early career researchers (ECR) will learn to use...
CRediT : Open Research Scholarly Outputs Assessment Tool
CRedit (Contributor Roles Taxonomy) is high-level taxonomy including 14 roles, that can be used to represent the roles...
Introduction to Communication Disorders
The material described here include information relative to undergraduate students in pursuit of a bachelor's degree in...
TEDxBrussels: Open Science can save the planet
Frontiers’ CEO, Kamila Markram, makes a case at TEDxBrussels for why open science is the key to innovation, economic...
Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST)
The Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST) is a collaborative effort by like-minded individuals and organizations...
Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices
The Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices is designed for faculty, students, and researchers who want to better...
Open Science Training Handbook (ver 1)
The Open Science Training Handbook (ver. 1) is intended for anyone who wishes to host Open Science training events or...
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide is a practical reference/development tool for...
Virtual Reality And It's Potential For Europe
Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) are technologies which have the potential to transform the way we work,...
Metrics-Toolkit.org | Helping you use metrics responsibly
The Metrics Toolkit provides evidence-based information about research metrics across disciplines, including how each...
Dimensions.ai: Open Access Research Repository
Digital Science Dimensions (DS Dimensions) is a linked research knowledge system that makes it easy to find and analyze...
Open Research Glossary
The Open Research Glossary is designed as a reference resource to inform people about the culture of "Open Scholarship."...
Rightsback.org: "Returning Authors' Rights" Termination of Transfer Tool
The Author's Alliance and Creative Commons have created the "Termination of Transfer" (ToT) tool that helps authors...
Open Science Framework (OSF)
As a free and open source Open Science/Open Research development tool, the Open Science Framework (OSF) allows for the...
European Union (EU) Bookshop: All EU publications You are looking for!
EU Bookshop is an online bookshop, library, and archive of publications dating back to 1952. It contains 110,000 titles...
Figshare: Making Open Research Discoverable
Figshare is a repository where users can make all of their research outputs available in a citable, shareable and...
Preprints.org: The Multidisciplinary Preprint Platform
Preprints.org is a platform dedicated to making early versions of research inputs available, including original research...
Google Expeditions App for Android
Google Expeditions enable teachers to bring students on virtual reality field trips (200+ expeditions) to places like...
Supporting Deaf And Hard Of Hearing Students
Students with a hearing disability have a number of assistive tools at their disposal. Some assistive technology, such as...
ASU's Education Through Exploration: Course Redesign for Next Generation Science Courseware
Arizona State University's Center for Education Through Exploration (ETX) has received a $10.8 million grant from NASA's...
CORE: Open Access Public-University Research Library (Repository)
CORE (COnnecting REpositories) is an Open Access Internet Public Library (OA-IPL/Open Journal System) for research whose...
Alexandra BasilakosUniversity of South Carolina System - Columbia
Sami MorenoAlamo Community/Technical College District - Northwest Vista College
Anusha SundarrajanSan Francisco State University
Kristen IpsonRocky Mountain University of Health Professions
Decemna TangCalifornia State University, San Marcos
usatech blogusa tech blog
Wendy ChaseRocky Mountain University of Health Professions
Denise WolfeUniversity of Nebraska System - Kearney
Karen BallCity University of New York System - Queens College
Kate DunckleyRush University
Bonnie SlavychUniversity of Central Missouri
Luis Eduardo Clavijo Usecheluclavijo
Danielle MossJames Madison University
Marissa ValdezQuirino State University
Shelley LundUniversity of Wisconsin System - Milwaukee
Matthew BakkeGallaudet University
- Academy of Neurological Communication Disorders and Sciences
- Academy of Rehabilitative Audiology
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
- Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Dysphagia Research Society
- International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- International Phonetics Association
- Educational Audiology Association
- International Society for Autism Research
- International Stuttering Association
- Multilingual Children's Association
- National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders: Directory of Organizations by Subject
- Society for Research in Child Development
- The Voice Foundation
Journals & Publications
- ASHA Journal Publications
- Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal
- Journal of Speech Pathology & Therapy
- Reading and Writing
- Ear and Hearing
- Brain and Language
- International Journal of Audiology
- Journal of Phonetics
- Journal of the American Academy of Audiology
- AAC: Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Topics in Language Disorders
- Annals of Dyslexia
- Trends in Hearing
- Language and Speech
- Journal of Fluency Disorders
- Journal of Voice
- Child Language Teaching and Therapy
- Journal of Communication Disorders
- Hearing Journal
- Seminars in Hearing
- Communication Disorders Quarterly
- Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Hearing, Balance, and Communication
Communication Sciences & Disorders on the Web
The Wiggles' Emma Watkins says she and Lachlan Gillespie are still 'best friends'
Aug 25, 2019 07:26 PM PDT
EXCLUSIVE: Emma 'Wiggle' Watkins on fame, her relationship with Lachy and the app helping ...
Aug 25, 2019 07:03 PM PDT
Police locate missing Newark 8-year-old boy with autism
Aug 25, 2019 06:41 PM PDT
Police in Newark searching for missing 8-year-old boy with autism
Aug 25, 2019 05:56 PM PDT
8-Year-Old Boy With Autism Missing in Newark
Aug 25, 2019 05:26 PM PDT
8-year-old boy with autism missing in Newark
Aug 25, 2019 05:00 PM PDT
UVa researching differences in autism diagnosis in boys, girls
Aug 25, 2019 04:57 PM PDT
Google's next translation: sign language
Aug 25, 2019 04:03 PM PDT
Autism Society of Northwest Ohio holds 7th Autism Awareness Walk
Aug 25, 2019 03:51 PM PDT
HIV, autism no deterrent for 150 kids
Aug 25, 2019 03:30 PM PDT
New gym in Pensacola gives kids with special needs a place to have fun
Aug 25, 2019 03:18 PM PDT
Yucaipa Fire Department gives back in a big way
Aug 25, 2019 03:07 PM PDT
All about the kids: Western Kiwanis Club members put iPads into the hands of local children
Aug 25, 2019 01:03 PM PDT
North America Hearing aids Market Overview, Strategic Analysis and Future Scope
Aug 25, 2019 12:41 PM PDT
When My Daughter With Autism Met a Princess Just Like Her
Aug 25, 2019 12:18 PM PDT
Communication on Twitter
- Now Hiring: Clinical Audiologist | Northern Hearing Services, Inc: Anchorage, Alaska | joburl.ws/12722784 #jobs19 minutes ago | AcademyofAuD
- Listen to the latest episode of our podcast which follows the Monville family as they get their son, SJ, ready for… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…7 hours ago | autismspeaks
- Can @CFs, @SLPAs, and other not fully qualified providers bill for services? #slpeeps #reimbursement @CMSGov… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…8 hours ago | ASHAWeb
- When you do your back to school shopping online, Amazon donates to Autism Speaks. Shop like you always do but visit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9 hours ago | autismspeaks
- Tips to help with the back-to-school transition. autismspeaks.org/blog/17-tips-h…11 hours ago | autismspeaks
- Getting ready for back-to-school? autismspeaks.org/blog/your-chil…
- When you do your back to school shopping online, Amazon donates to Autism Speaks. Shop like you always do but visit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Tips to prevent wandering: autismspeaks.org/wandering-prev…. wthr.com/article/police…
- When you do your back to school shopping online, Amazon donates to Autism Speaks. Shop like you always do but visit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 days ago | autismspeaks
- Now Hiring: Audiologist | Consult YHN: Florence, South Carolina | joburl.ws/12715625 #jobs2 days ago | AcademyofAuD