Communication Sciences and Disorders Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Speech Language Hearing Sciences and Communication Disorders MERLOT portal. Here you will find links to a repository of peer-reviewed, online resources for teaching and learning. By joining MERLOT (at no cost!), you will become part of a growing community of educators, scientists, clinical supervisors and clinicians who are using a variety of web-based materials and resources, submitting their own modules and resources to share with the community, developing new ideas to help you teach in your classroom and/or online as well as to provide learning materials you can share with students to enhance independent content learning.
The ASHA Convention is the premier annual professional education event for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists. Bringing together more than 12,000 attendees, the Annual Convention provides unparalleled opportunities to hear the latest research and gain new skills and resources to advance your career.
Get The Research: Open Access Research Search Engine/Tool for General Public
Get The Research is an Open Access Research Search Engine/Tool designed for the general public to make it easier to find,...
Research Organization Registry
The Research Organization Registry (ROR) is a community-led project to develop an open, sustainable, usable, and unique...
5.1a Argument Structures - Demonstrating Critical Thinking | Coursera
Learn online and earn valuable credentials from top universities like Yale, Michigan, Stanford, and leading companies...
Fostering Research Integrity: The Hong Kong Manifesto for Assessing Researchers
The Hong Kong Manifesto for Assessing Researchers: Fostering Research Integrity (22nd May 2019 version/6th World...
MoMo - Moving MOOC: Science 2.0 & Open Research Methods
Starting Nov 12, 2018, in the Moving MOOC (MOMO), young scholars and early career researchers (ECR) will learn to use...
CRediT : Open Research Scholarly Outputs Assessment Tool
CRedit (Contributor Roles Taxonomy) is high-level taxonomy including 14 roles, that can be used to represent the roles...
Introduction to Communication Disorders
The material described here include information relative to undergraduate students in pursuit of a bachelor's degree in...
TEDxBrussels: Open Science can save the planet
Frontiers’ CEO, Kamila Markram, makes a case at TEDxBrussels for why open science is the key to innovation, economic...
Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST)
The Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST) is a collaborative effort by like-minded individuals and organizations...
Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices
The Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices is designed for faculty, students, and researchers who want to better...
Open Science Training Handbook (ver 1)
The Open Science Training Handbook (ver. 1) is intended for anyone who wishes to host Open Science training events or...
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide is a practical reference/development tool for individuals...
Virtual Reality And It's Potential For Europe
Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) are technologies which have the potential to transform the way we work,...
Metrics-Toolkit.org | Helping you use metrics responsibly
The Metrics Toolkit provides evidence-based information about research metrics across disciplines, including how each...
Dimensions.ai: Open Access Research Repository
Digital Science Dimensions (DS Dimensions) is a linked research knowledge system that makes it easy to find and analyze...
Open Research Glossary
The Open Research Glossary is designed as a reference resource to inform people about the culture of "Open Scholarship."...
Rightsback.org: "Returning Authors' Rights" Termination of Transfer Tool
The Author's Alliance and Creative Commons have created the "Termination of Transfer" (ToT) tool that helps authors...
Open Science Framework (OSF)
As a free and open source Open Science/Open Research development tool, the Open Science Framework (OSF) allows for the...
European Union (EU) Bookshop: All EU publications You are looking for!
EU Bookshop is an online bookshop, library, and archive of publications dating back to 1952. It contains 110,000 titles...
Figshare: Making Open Research Discoverable
Figshare is a repository where users can make all of their research outputs available in a citable, shareable and...
Preprints.org: The Multidisciplinary Preprint Platform
Preprints.org is a platform dedicated to making early versions of research inputs available, including original research...
Google Expeditions App for Android
Google Expeditions enable teachers to bring students on virtual reality field trips (200+ expeditions) to places like...
Supporting Deaf And Hard Of Hearing Students
Students with a hearing disability have a number of assistive tools at their disposal. Some assistive technology, such as...
ASU's Education Through Exploration: Course Redesign for Next Generation Science Courseware
Arizona State University's Center for Education Through Exploration (ETX) has received a $10.8 million grant from NASA's...
Alexandra BasilakosUniversity of South Carolina System - Columbia
Sami MorenoAlamo Community/Technical College District - Northwest Vista College
Anusha SundarrajanSan Francisco State University
Kristen IpsonRocky Mountain University of Health Professions
Decemna TangCalifornia State University, San Marcos
usatech blogusa tech blog
Wendy ChaseRocky Mountain University of Health Professions
Denise WolfeUniversity of Nebraska System - Kearney
Karen BallCity University of New York System - Queens College
Kate DunckleyRush University
Bonnie SlavychUniversity of Central Missouri
Luis Eduardo Clavijo Usecheluclavijo
Danielle MossJames Madison University
Marissa ValdezQuirino State University
Shelley LundUniversity of Wisconsin System - Milwaukee
- Academy of Neurological Communication Disorders and Sciences
- Academy of Rehabilitative Audiology
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
- Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Dysphagia Research Society
- International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- International Phonetics Association
- Educational Audiology Association
- International Society for Autism Research
- International Stuttering Association
- Multilingual Children's Association
- National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders: Directory of Organizations by Subject
- Society for Research in Child Development
- The Voice Foundation
Journals & Publications
- ASHA Journal Publications
- Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal
- Journal of Speech Pathology & Therapy
- Reading and Writing
- Ear and Hearing
- Brain and Language
- International Journal of Audiology
- Journal of Phonetics
- Journal of the American Academy of Audiology
- AAC: Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Topics in Language Disorders
- Annals of Dyslexia
- Trends in Hearing
- Language and Speech
- Journal of Fluency Disorders
- Journal of Voice
- Child Language Teaching and Therapy
- Journal of Communication Disorders
- Hearing Journal
- Seminars in Hearing
- Communication Disorders Quarterly
- Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Hearing, Balance, and Communication
Communication Sciences & Disorders on the Web
Autism Seminar Offers Resources, Information At Moraine Valley
Oct 16, 2019 09:07 PM PDT
Boxer Patrick Day, 27, dies days after suffering traumatic brain injury in fight
Oct 16, 2019 08:00 PM PDT
Teen with autism puts on awesome Halloween display
Oct 16, 2019 07:43 PM PDT
Defying the Odds- Will Grabau plays varsity football with Autism
Oct 16, 2019 06:30 PM PDT
Search continues for missing Glendale girl with autism
Oct 16, 2019 06:18 PM PDT
Facebook post raises awareness for autism with blue Halloween buckets
Oct 16, 2019 05:56 PM PDT
Sports Digest: Boxer in coma dies after suffering traumatic brain injury
Oct 16, 2019 05:00 PM PDT
Doug Ford's extreme fail on autism is causing harm to families
Oct 16, 2019 04:48 PM PDT
Foundation looking for public input to help better services for Oklahomans diagnosed with autism
Oct 16, 2019 03:52 PM PDT
Boxer Patrick Day dies due to traumatic brain injury suffered in fight
Oct 16, 2019 03:30 PM PDT
Barber moves chair outside for overwhelmed boy with autism in heartwarming viral moment
Oct 16, 2019 03:18 PM PDT
Local nonprofit empowering autistic students hosts open house this week
Oct 16, 2019 02:45 PM PDT
Patrick Day Passes Away From Traumatic Brain Injury
Oct 16, 2019 02:45 PM PDT
South Dakota children still without autism treatments? Parents say their work isn't done
Oct 16, 2019 02:33 PM PDT
After Michigan Governor Nixes $1.47 Million For Autism, Republican John James Donates ...
Oct 16, 2019 02:22 PM PDT
Oct 16, 2019 01:59 PM PDT
Stan Walker concert's touching moment: Woman uses sign language to sing to deaf girl
Oct 16, 2019 01:48 PM PDT
Dutchess County is recognized for autism support
Oct 16, 2019 01:45 PM PDT
Gifted Students With Autism Find An Intellectual Oasis In Iowa
Oct 16, 2019 01:26 PM PDT
Communication on Twitter
- Preparing Faculty for High-Quality Online Programs @Campus_Tech buff.ly/35EX2rW https://t.co/8Z7xwwT2rk, photo: pic.twitter.com/8Z7xwwT2rk10 hours ago | MERLOTorg
- Have questions? Need help finding local resources or services? You can call or email us: autismspeaks.org/autism-respons… https://t.co/vwgNAnmk97, photo: pic.twitter.com/vwgNAnmk9711 hours ago | autismspeaks
- Looking for an autism-friendly #Halloween event near you? Search for one in our events calendar:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…12 hours ago | autismspeaks
- With new proposed rules for OTC#hearingaids expected by 11-1, it’s time to incorporate support and education around… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…12 hours ago | ASHAWeb
- Nominations are now being accepted for ASHA Board of Directors and Advisory Councils! To submit nominations, go to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…13 hours ago | ASHAWeb
- Is your child a sensory seeker? @KelloggsUS's @ricekrispies
has created sensory touch-and-feel love notes you can… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…13 hours ago | autismspeaks
- Classroom Tech Can Drive Student Engagement - But Schools Need to Choose Wisely #EdTech @EdSurge… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…14 hours ago | MERLOTorg
- #slpeeps #speechies #slp #ASHA live chat alert! "The Use of Contrasts in #Phonological Intervention" w/ Author Caro… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…14 hours ago | ASHAWeb
- "I want P&G to be a place where neurodiversity is a win for the business, the organization and the individuals.” vi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…14 hours ago | autismspeaks
- Get practical strategies for working with infants, toddlers, and their families. Earn up to 3.0 ASHA CEUs. #slpeeps… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…14 hours ago | ASHAWeb