Communication Sciences and Disorders Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Speech Language Hearing Sciences and Communication Disorders MERLOT portal. Here you will find links to a repository of peer-reviewed, online resources for teaching and learning. By joining MERLOT (at no cost!), you will become part of a growing community of educators, scientists, clinical supervisors and clinicians who are using a variety of web-based materials and resources, submitting their own modules and resources to share with the community, developing new ideas to help you teach in your classroom and/or online as well as to provide learning materials you can share with students to enhance independent content learning.
The ASHA Convention is the premier annual professional education event for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists. Bringing together more than 12,000 attendees, the Annual Convention provides unparalleled opportunities to hear the latest research and gain new skills and resources to advance your career.
Fostering Research Integrity: The Hong Kong Manifesto for Assessing Researchers
The Hong Kong Manifesto for Assessing Researchers: Fostering Research Integrity (22nd May 2019 version/6th World...
MoMo - Moving MOOC: Science 2.0 & Open Research Methods
Starting Nov 12, 2018, in the Moving MOOC (MOMO), young scholars and early career researchers (ECR) will learn to use...
CRediT : Open Research Scholarly Outputs Assessment Tool
CRedit (Contributor Roles Taxonomy) is high-level taxonomy including 14 roles, that can be used to represent the roles...
Introduction to Communication Disorders
The material described here include information relative to undergraduate students in pursuit of a bachelor's degree in...
TEDxBrussels: Open Science can save the planet
Frontiers’ CEO, Kamila Markram, makes a case at TEDxBrussels for why open science is the key to innovation, economic...
Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST)
The Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST) is a collaborative effort by like-minded individuals and organizations...
Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices
The Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices is designed for faculty, students, and researchers who want to better...
Open Science Training Handbook (ver 1)
The Open Science Training Handbook (ver. 1) is intended for anyone who wishes to host Open Science training events or...
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide is a practical reference/development tool for...
Virtual Reality And It's Potential For Europe
Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) are technologies which have the potential to transform the way we work,...
Metrics-Toolkit.org | Helping you use metrics responsibly
The Metrics Toolkit provides evidence-based information about research metrics across disciplines, including how each...
Dimensions.ai: Open Access Research Repository
Digital Science Dimensions (DS Dimensions) is a linked research knowledge system that makes it easy to find and analyze...
Open Research Glossary
The Open Research Glossary is designed as a reference resource to inform people about the culture of "Open Scholarship."...
Rightsback.org: "Returning Authors' Rights" Termination of Transfer Tool
The Author's Alliance and Creative Commons have created the "Termination of Transfer" (ToT) tool that helps authors...
Open Science Framework (OSF)
As a free and open source Open Science/Open Research development tool, the Open Science Framework (OSF) allows for the...
European Union (EU) Bookshop: All EU publications You are looking for!
EU Bookshop is an online bookshop, library, and archive of publications dating back to 1952. It contains 110,000 titles...
Figshare: Making Open Research Discoverable
Figshare is a repository where users can make all of their research outputs available in a citable, shareable and...
Preprints.org: The Multidisciplinary Preprint Platform
Preprints.org is a platform dedicated to making early versions of research inputs available, including original research...
Google Expeditions App for Android
Google Expeditions enable teachers to bring students on virtual reality field trips (200+ expeditions) to places like...
Supporting Deaf And Hard Of Hearing Students
Students with a hearing disability have a number of assistive tools at their disposal. Some assistive technology, such as...
ASU's Education Through Exploration: Course Redesign for Next Generation Science Courseware
Arizona State University's Center for Education Through Exploration (ETX) has received a $10.8 million grant from NASA's...
CORE: Open Access Public-University Research Library (Repository)
CORE (COnnecting REpositories) is an Open Access Internet Public Library (OA-IPL/Open Journal System) for research whose...
ICT in Communication Sciences and Disorders Education
This collection of resources focuses on ICT literacy for education in communication sciences and disorders. It includes...
BrainFacts.org is an authoritative source of information about the brain and nervous system for the public. The site is a...
Kristen IpsonRocky Mountain University of Health Professions
Decemna TangCalifornia State University, San Marcos
usatech blogusa tech blog
Wendy ChaseRocky Mountain University of Health Professions
Denise WolfeUniversity of Nebraska System - Kearney
Karen BallCity University of New York System - Queens College
Kate DunckleyRush University
Bonnie SlavychUniversity of Central Missouri
Luis Eduardo Clavijo Usecheluclavijo
Danielle MossJames Madison University
Marissa ValdezQuirino State University
Shelley LundUniversity of Wisconsin System - Milwaukee
Matthew BakkeGallaudet University
Melissa BentonWebster University
Mimi PalmerAmerican Business & Technology University
- Academy of Neurological Communication Disorders and Sciences
- Academy of Rehabilitative Audiology
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
- Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Dysphagia Research Society
- International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- International Phonetics Association
- Educational Audiology Association
- International Society for Autism Research
- International Stuttering Association
- Multilingual Children's Association
- National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders: Directory of Organizations by Subject
- Society for Research in Child Development
- The Voice Foundation
Journals & Publications
- ASHA Journal Publications
- Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal
- Journal of Speech Pathology & Therapy
- Reading and Writing
- Ear and Hearing
- Brain and Language
- International Journal of Audiology
- Journal of Phonetics
- Journal of the American Academy of Audiology
- AAC: Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Topics in Language Disorders
- Annals of Dyslexia
- Trends in Hearing
- Language and Speech
- Journal of Fluency Disorders
- Journal of Voice
- Child Language Teaching and Therapy
- Journal of Communication Disorders
- Hearing Journal
- Seminars in Hearing
- Communication Disorders Quarterly
- Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Hearing, Balance, and Communication
Communication Sciences & Disorders on the Web
Supplements, worms and stool: How families are trying to game the gut to treat autism traits
Jun 26, 2019 04:48 AM PDT
It Takes Guts to Understand Autism – Literally
Jun 26, 2019 03:36 AM PDT
The Politics of Autism
Jun 26, 2019 03:30 AM PDT
Two SC women get prison for their roles in $13 million federal autism health fraud
Jun 26, 2019 02:00 AM PDT
Crowd-funded film aims to raise awareness about autism
Jun 26, 2019 01:59 AM PDT
Autism awareness training held for local first responders
Jun 26, 2019 01:25 AM PDT
Huge Impact on Autism Spectrum Disorder Diagnostics Market in Worldwide by Top Key Players ...
Jun 26, 2019 12:23 AM PDT
A CLOSER LOOK: Helping students with autism make the most of summer
Jun 26, 2019 12:18 AM PDT
Could processed foods explain why autism is on the rise?
Jun 25, 2019 09:18 PM PDT
UPDATE: Missing girl with autism found safe
Jun 25, 2019 08:47 PM PDT
Gotham Divers Becomes a Certified Autism Center
Jun 25, 2019 04:03 PM PDT
Advert about autism 'misleading', ASAI rules
Jun 25, 2019 04:02 PM PDT
To the Mom of Twins on the Autism Spectrum
Jun 25, 2019 03:52 PM PDT
Noise-Induced Hearing Loss Protect it This Independence Day!
Jun 25, 2019 03:41 PM PDT
New autism therapy center to open in Columbus
Jun 25, 2019 03:18 PM PDT
White Man Blames Autism For Harassing Black Women Who Were Minding Their Business
Jun 25, 2019 02:56 PM PDT
Young man with autism shares his passion for elevators through YouTube
Jun 25, 2019 02:45 PM PDT
Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies now a Certified Autism Center
Jun 25, 2019 02:22 PM PDT
Non-profit serving children with autism searches for new home
Jun 25, 2019 01:48 PM PDT
Communication on Twitter
- Want to find a way to create positive food experiences for pediatric clients? Check out these five tips from SLP Ci… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…13 hours ago | ASHAWeb
- RT @SWAutismCenter: It's never too early to plan ahead for the 14th Annual @AutismSpeaks Walk in partnership with SARRC! Join us on October…
- RT @QuestInc_FL: We are honored to partner with @autismspeaks for #QuestSwims, a LIFE-SAVING (literally) program for children with developm…
- RT @UofSCAXiD: Waving our pom-poms because @AutismSpeaks is hosting its first sensory friendly Walk right here in Cola this fall and we can…
- The significant changes in the American Board of Audiology (ABA) certification process are generating a number of q… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…13 hours ago | AcademyofAuD
- The fourth annual Clinical Education Forum was held the morning of Saturday, March 30, 2019, at the Academy’s Annua… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…14 hours ago | AcademyofAuD
- RT @autismvotes: Thank you @RepChrisSmith and @USRepMikeDoyle for championing the #AutismCARES Act to advance #autism research, services, t…
- RT @autismvotes: Thank you @EnergyCommerce Chairman @FrankPallone and Ranking Member @repgregwalden & Health Subcommittee Chairwoman @RepAn…
- RT @autismvotes: .@EnergyCommerce Health Subcommittee hearing has begun with comments by Chairwoman @RepAnnaEshoo & Ranking Member @michael…
- RT @autismvotes: Don’t forget to tell your members of Congress to support the #AutismCARES Act in order to advance our understanding of #au…