Communication Sciences and Disorders Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Speech Language Hearing Sciences and Communication Disorders MERLOT portal. Here you will find links to a repository of peer-reviewed, online resources for teaching and learning. By joining MERLOT (at no cost!), you will become part of a growing community of educators, scientists, clinical supervisors and clinicians who are using a variety of web-based materials and resources, submitting their own modules and resources to share with the community, developing new ideas to help you teach in your classroom and/or online as well as to provide learning materials you can share with students to enhance independent content learning.
The ASHA Convention is the premier annual professional education event for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists. Bringing together more than 12,000 attendees, the Annual Convention provides unparalleled opportunities to hear the latest research and gain new skills and resources to advance your career.
MoMo - Moving MOOC: Science 2.0 & Open Research Methods
Starting Nov 12, 2018, in the Moving MOOC (MOMO), young scholars and early career researchers (ECR) will learn to use...
CRediT : Open Research Scholarly Outputs Assessment Tool
CRedit (Contributor Roles Taxonomy) is high-level taxonomy including 14 roles, that can be used to represent the roles...
Introduction to Communication Disorders
The material described here include information relative to undergraduate students in pursuit of a bachelor's degree in...
TEDxBrussels: Open Science can save the planet
Frontiers’ CEO, Kamila Markram, makes a case at TEDxBrussels for why open science is the key to innovation, economic...
Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST)
The Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST) is a collaborative effort by like-minded individuals and organizations...
Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices
The Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices is designed for faculty, students, and researchers who want to better...
Open Science Training Handbook (ver 1)
The Open Science Training Handbook (ver. 1) is intended for anyone who wishes to host Open Science training events or...
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide is a practical reference/development tool for...
Virtual Reality And It's Potential For Europe
Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) are technologies which have the potential to transform the way we work,...
Metrics-Toolkit.org | Helping you use metrics responsibly
The Metrics Toolkit provides evidence-based information about research metrics across disciplines, including how each...
Dimensions.ai: Open Access Research Repository
Digital Science Dimensions (DS Dimensions) is a linked research knowledge system that makes it easy to find and analyze...
Open Research Glossary
The Open Research Glossary is designed as a reference resource to inform people about the culture of "Open Scholarship."...
Rightsback.org: "Returning Authors' Rights" Termination of Transfer Tool
The Author's Alliance and Creative Commons have created the "Termination of Transfer" (ToT) tool that helps authors...
Open Science Framework (OSF)
As a free and open source Open Science/Open Research development tool, the Open Science Framework (OSF) allows for the...
European Union (EU) Bookshop: All EU publications You are looking for!
EU Bookshop is an online bookshop, library, and archive of publications dating back to 1952. It contains 110,000 titles...
Figshare: Making Open Research Discoverable
Figshare is a repository where users can make all of their research outputs available in a citable, shareable and...
Preprints.org: The Multidisciplinary Preprint Platform
Preprints.org is a platform dedicated to making early versions of research inputs available, including original research...
Google Expeditions App for Android
Google Expeditions enable teachers to bring students on virtual reality field trips (200+ expeditions) to places like...
Supporting Deaf And Hard Of Hearing Students
Students with a hearing disability have a number of assistive tools at their disposal. Some assistive technology, such as...
ASU's Education Through Exploration: Course Redesign for Next Generation Science Courseware
Arizona State University's Center for Education Through Exploration (ETX) has received a $10.8 million grant from NASA's...
CORE: Open Access Public-University Research Library (Repository)
CORE (COnnecting REpositories) is an Open Access Internet Public Library (OA-IPL/Open Journal System) for research whose...
ICT in Communication Sciences and Disorders Education
This collection of resources focuses on ICT literacy for education in communication sciences and disorders. It includes...
BrainFacts.org is an authoritative source of information about the brain and nervous system for the public. The site is a...
Avatalker AAC App for iPad
'Introducing Avatalker® AAC: You've never seen anything like this! Avatalker® AAC is a robust, full-featured...
Danielle MossJames Madison University
Marissa ValdezQuirino State University
Shelley LundUniversity of Wisconsin System - Milwaukee
Matthew BakkeGallaudet University
Melissa BentonWebster University
Mimi PalmerAmerican Business & Technology University
Linda FrielTrinity Christian College
Arnon JannokSuranaree University of Technology
Lisa LaSalleUniversity of Redlands
Angel SpotornoONG Sintesis
Mariateresa MunozFlorida International University
Daniela CrudeliICS di via Maniago Milano
KEIKO NAKAOOtsuma Women's University junior college division
Racheal RajahSpecial Ed
Carole GelferMonmouth University
Sheridan ForsterRoyal Melbourne Institute of Technology
Fred KingSUNY The State University of New York
- Academy of Neurological Communication Disorders and Sciences
- Academy of Rehabilitative Audiology
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
- Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Dysphagia Research Society
- International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- International Phonetics Association
- Educational Audiology Association
- International Society for Autism Research
- International Stuttering Association
- Multilingual Children's Association
- National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders: Directory of Organizations by Subject
- Society for Research in Child Development
- The Voice Foundation
Journals & Publications
- ASHA Journal Publications
- Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal
- Journal of Speech Pathology & Therapy
- Reading and Writing
- Ear and Hearing
- Brain and Language
- International Journal of Audiology
- Journal of Phonetics
- Journal of the American Academy of Audiology
- AAC: Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Topics in Language Disorders
- Annals of Dyslexia
- Trends in Hearing
- Language and Speech
- Journal of Fluency Disorders
- Journal of Voice
- Child Language Teaching and Therapy
- Journal of Communication Disorders
- Hearing Journal
- Seminars in Hearing
- Communication Disorders Quarterly
- Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Hearing, Balance, and Communication
Communication Sciences & Disorders on the Web
Oct 15, 2018 08:56 PM PDT
New autism guidelines aim to improve diagnostics and access to services
Oct 15, 2018 07:26 PM PDT
Thousands of BC children waiting for autism assessment
Oct 15, 2018 06:41 PM PDT
Teen with autism missing for 2nd time in 10 days
Oct 15, 2018 04:48 PM PDT
Video shows 11-year-old with autism being dragged through school by teacher and school nurse
Oct 15, 2018 03:52 PM PDT
Red Deer RCMP need help finding 6-year-old boy with autism who ran from caregiver
Oct 15, 2018 03:41 PM PDT
Sign language presentation Oct. 21 at St. John's Church
Oct 15, 2018 02:56 PM PDT
New West business raises funds and awareness about autism
Oct 15, 2018 02:33 PM PDT
Learning American Sign Language
Oct 15, 2018 02:00 PM PDT
2 Western Cape schools to offer Sign Language as matric subject
Oct 15, 2018 01:48 PM PDT
Aces for Autism makes a difference for one local family
Oct 15, 2018 12:07 PM PDT
Firefly Autism - October 15, 2018
Oct 15, 2018 11:54 AM PDT
Teen with autism found after going missing again in North Las Vegas
Oct 15, 2018 11:33 AM PDT
DA welcomes introduction of sign language in schools
Oct 15, 2018 11:22 AM PDT
Waterford Police Charge Mother of 5-Year-Old Boy With Autism Who Died In Hot Car
Oct 15, 2018 11:12 AM PDT
Autism school teacher and 'loving mother and grandma' dies in M4 minibus crash
Oct 15, 2018 11:00 AM PDT
Communication on Twitter
- Are you and your teen exploring options after high school? This guide can help along the process. bit.ly/PostsecondaryE…11 minutes ago | autismspeaks
- Thank you for advocating and, yes, everyone vote!!!! twitter.com/chris_quintana…20 minutes ago | ASHAWeb
- "Rooms with swings, disco balls help El Paso students with autism, sensory disorders." Via @elpasotimes bit.ly/2ykIP441 hour ago | autismspeaks
- Does your loved one on the spectrum have issues with sleep? Download our "Sleep Strategies for Teens with #Autism:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 hour ago | autismspeaks
- Now Hiring: 4th Year Externship | Georgia Hearing Center: Athens, Georgia | joburl.ws/11589555 #jobs1 hour ago | AcademyofAuD
- "Riga School of Design and Art graduate Paula Lorence has created a series of objects to help children with autism… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | autismspeaks
- Join our free and captioned webinar tomorrow night (10/17/18, 8-9 p.m. ET) with Jaime Vernon of Songs for Sound. Ja… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | HLAA
- #Dyspraxia is the latest communication disorder to get the spotlight on mainstream entertainment #slpeeps… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | ASHAWeb
- The Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee (IACC) will hold its next quarterly meeting on October 17 at the Nati… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | autismspeaks
- Now Hiring: 4th year externship | Penn Medicine: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania | joburl.ws/11589370 #jobs2 hours ago | AcademyofAuD