Information Technology Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Greetings from the Information Technology Board!
Welcome to our portal!
A unique characteristic of the MERLOT IT discipline is that we have designed its taxonomy to align with the undergraduate course topics recommended by CSAB (Computing Sciences Accreditation Board) – the lead society within ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) for accreditation of degree programs in computer science, information systems, software engineering, information technology, and cybersecurity, and is a co-lead society for systems engineering, and is a cooperating society for computer engineering, biological engineering, and information engineering technology. CSAB is governed by the two largest technical, educational, and scientific societies in computer and computer-related fields: The Association for Computing Machinery, Inc. (ACM) and the IEEE-Computer Society (IEEE-CS).
Accordingly, the MERLOT IT discipline portal has been endorsed by both the IEEE Computer Society and IEEE Education Society, and that endorsement is noted with a banner on the IT portal page.
Open Science by Design: Realizing a Vision for 21st Century Research
The 2019 National Academies report "Open Science by Design: Realizing a Vision for 21st Century Research" discusses the...
Phishing Protection & Defense Against Social Engineering Attacks - Los Angeles, California
Crimson IT provides best-in-class phishing and social engineering protection for your enterprise business or SMB in the...
Duplicate File Finder - How to Find and Remove Duplicate Files
Easy Duplicate Finder™ is a powerful tool to find and remove duplicate photos, documents, MP3s, videos, and more. It...
Citizen Science: Innovation in Open Science, Society and Policy
Citizen Science: Open Science, Society, and Policy is an excellent review of Citizen Science that brings together some of...
A Structured Review of Six Sigma Implementation in Casting Industries | Kumar | Thermal Science and Engineering
Thermal Science and Engineering ... With the use of Six Sigma in casting industries, rejection rate is reduced, customer...
Reverse Engineering: Recent Advances and Applications
La ingeniería inversa abarca un amplio espectro de actividades destinadas a la extracción de información sobre la...
Programación Orientada a Objetos en Java
Definiciones y demostración de Programación Orientada a Objetos (POO) en Java
SQL Injection Prevention Cheat Sheet - OWASP
SQL Injection attacks are one of the most common application vulnerabilities, and target the database, which is the...
Free Online Course: Six Sigma: Define and Measure from edX | Class Central
An introduction to the Six Sigma methodology and DMAIC cycle for process improvement with a focus on the Define and...
Mapping IT Governance to Software Development Process: From COBIT 5 to GI-Tropos
Mapping Software Development Process and IT govenance as well as management, explaining the COBIT 5 framework.
Software engineering of interactive educational resources for university student training in urban development courses
The article is devoted to the issues of improving the quality of training specialists in urban development with using...
Conceptual Framework for Marketing Strategy in the Context of Small Business: A Review
Small businesses have become major movers of the economy in most of the developing countries mobilizing local resources,...
Future Proofing Your IT Operating Model for Digital
Having worked with Operating Model for over 10 years, Dave has new adopted DevOps, IT4IT and Continuous Delivery...
Six Sigma White Belt | Lean Six Sigma White Belt
Looking for your six sigma white belt? We offer classes and training for the lean six sigma white belt. Learn more about...
How to frame a business case
This free course, How to frame a business case, looks at reading strategies which help you to frame a business case. In...
Online web courses to learn about Python coding.
TecnologÃa de informaciÃ³n | Coursera
Navegar por la tecnología de cursos de información y especializaciones. Los cursos y programas especializados sobre...
This presentation discusses the basics about how to realize logic functions using Static CMOS logic. This presentation...
Gestión de Activos de IT: Concepto, ventajas y retos
Echaremos un vistazo al concepto y los beneficios de la gestión de activos así como sus principales retos a la hora de la...
Learn cybersecurity fundamentals, including how to detect threats, protect systems and networks, and anticipate potential...
Free Node.js Book
Amazon SageMaker Comes to Udacity's Deep Learning Nanodegree Program Classroom | Udacity
Hablamos con Dan Romuald Mbanga, Líder Global de Desarrollo de Negocios para Amazon AI, sobre el uso de SageMaker para la...
The Relationship between User Participation and User Satisfaction: An Investigation of Four Contingency Factors on JSTOR
User participation has been widely touted by the MIS community as a means to improve user satisfaction within systems...
Applying DMAIC Methodology to Reduce Defects of Sewing Section in RMG: A Case Study
This work walks around the use of DMAIC methodology of six sigma to lessen the defect rate in sewing section of FCI (BD)...
Jongbok ByunAshford University
Jennifer WalkerNorth Franklin School District
Gina PiersonThomas Edison State College
Chuck HasemanUniversity of Texas System - Dallas
Crizidila LemingdaFlorida Institute of Technology
Gary SparksMetropolitan Community/Technical College
orrette bakerExcelsior College
Toyeeb Olamilekan AboladeFEDERAL MEDICAL CENTRE, ABEOKUTA
Pradip MisraBagdad High School
Andrew Jackson247 Antivirus helpline
Daniel MelendezUniversidad Politécnica de Madrid
Omar Mokrani GallegoUniversidad Politécnica de Madrid
Mario Estruel GarcíaUniversidad Politécnica de Madrid
Biaggini DuranUniversidad Politécnica de Madrid
Javier Gallego CarracedoJavier Gallego Carracedo
Materials by Discipline
- Application Development (344)
- Business Process Management (49)
- Data and Information Management (96)
- Enterprise Systems and Architecture (2)
- Foundations of Information Systems (17)
- Human Computer Interaction (13)
- IS Project Management (13)
- IS Strategy, Management and Acquisition (5)
- IT Audit and Controls (10)
- IT Infrastructure (578)
- IT Security and Risk Management (57)
- Knowledge Management (10)
- Social Informatics (20)
- System Analysis and Design (129)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Government Cybersecurity
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Consortium for Computing Sciences in Colleges (CCSC)
- Instructional Technology Council (ITC)
- The MASIE Center
- ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE)
- Online Learning Consortium (formerly Sloan-C)
- Association for Talent Development (ATD)
- The eLearning Guild
- Michigan Association for Computer Users in Learning (MACUL)
- Flipped Learning Network
- United States Distance Learning Organization
Journals & Publications
- Journal of Cybersecurity
- National Cybersecurity Institute Journal
- International Journal of Cyber–Security and Digital Forensics (IJCSDF)
- Journal of Information Assurance & Cybersecurity
- Journal of Cyber Security & Information Systems
- ACM TechNews
- Campus Technology Higher Education Technology Newsletters
- CIO Magazine
- eCampus News
- OLC Online Learning Journal
- Journal of Information Technology Education: Research (JITE:Research)
- Journal of Information Technology Education: Innovations in Practice (JITE:IIP)
- Journal of Information Technology Education: Discussion Cases (JITE:DC)
- Learning Solutions Magazine
- Network World
- Newsletters by O'Reilly (Free Registration gives you access to free newsletters, online discussions, and more.)
- Today's Campus
Information Technology on the Web
Info Tech on Twitter
- Three days to my complimentary #VirtuallyThere session, "Implementing a #Training Program Across a Global… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | InSyncJennifer
- Sunrise Middle School eighth-graders 'take control of their own learning' in science fair ow.ly/Bn0E30nnjAe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…8 hours ago | EmergingEdTech
- Why Play Is Important for Digital Literacy ow.ly/hk7c30nnjV7 #edtech #financialiteracy https://t.co/b0iEAjgLrj, photo: pic.twitter.com/b0iEAjgLrj9 hours ago | EmergingEdTech
- "xAPI is just one example of marrying the power of APIs with online education." Learn more:bit.ly/2TZIpJ510 hours ago | learningsolpub
- eLearning with clear, measurable, relevant objectives is more valuable to learners and their companies; learn how e… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…10 hours ago | learningsolpub
- The #CyberSecureMyBiz January 2019 Newsletter is out! Get the latest news and resources for your #smallbiz:
✅How to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…11 hours ago | StaySafeOnline
- The @futureofprivacy is celebrating their tenth anniversary as a catalyst for #privacy leadership and scholarship.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…11 hours ago | StaySafeOnline
- Beyond the Flipped Classroom: How Da Vinci RISE uses technology to help youth succeed. ow.ly/BaQu30nniec… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…12 hours ago | EmergingEdTech
- Yes, Indeed - Weed out What Doesn't Work (of course, you need to have measures and means to determine what doesn't… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…12 hours ago | EmergingEdTech
- #VirtualTrainers: How can you incorporate stories and storytelling into your #BlendedLearning approach? hubs.ly/H0gdjzg01 day ago | InSyncJennifer