Information Technology Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Greetings from the Information Technology Board!
Welcome to our portal!
A unique characteristic of the MERLOT IT discipline is that we have designed its taxonomy to align with the undergraduate course topics recommended by CSAB (Computing Sciences Accreditation Board) – the lead society within ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) for accreditation of degree programs in computer science, information systems, software engineering, information technology, and cybersecurity, and is a co-lead society for systems engineering, and is a cooperating society for computer engineering, biological engineering, and information engineering technology. CSAB is governed by the two largest technical, educational, and scientific societies in computer and computer-related fields: The Association for Computing Machinery, Inc. (ACM) and the IEEE-Computer Society (IEEE-CS).
Accordingly, the MERLOT IT discipline portal has been endorsed by both the IEEE Computer Society and IEEE Education Society, and that endorsement is noted with a banner on the IT portal page.
ISTE Learning: Computational Thinking
A repository of peer-reviewed learning objects about computational thinking, mainly for K-12.
Teacher Resources: Computational Thinking Initiatives
Help your students think computationally. Participate in programs. Download lesson plans. Check out free training and...
Center for Computational Thinking
The mission of the Center for Computational Thinking is to advance computing research and advocate for the widespread use...
Designing Tech Policy
The University of Washington Tech Policy Lab’s Instructional Case Studies are designed to enhance tech policy capacity...
IT Policy and Law (Graduate) Materials
This module-based course packet for IT Policy and Law (Graduate) was developed under a Round 11 Textbook Transformation...
IT Policy and Law (Undergraduate) Materials
This module-based course package for IT Policy and Law (Undergraduate) was developed under a Round 11 Textbook...
IT System Acquisition & Integration Ancillary Materials
In the project, we proposed to revise the OER material used in 2 IT courses in the project: IT 6413 and IT 6423 which...
Proyecto clasificador de objetos por color
pagina wen de proyecto(separador de colores )universidad libre cali,colombia
Epicurious Teaching Lesson - Google Drive
Epicurious provides people a place to explore recipes, food-related articles, and other food content such as videos. In...
Dataset Summaries: Interrogating Data, Structures, and Systems in Tabular Datasets with Pivot Tables
Many people are familiar with using spreadsheets to create, manipulate, and carry-out mathematical operations on data. In...
Technology in Schools: Its Not Like this in Business
My purpose in writing this book is to give readers a view into the work of managing information technology in schools. IT...
OER_2022-ZhenglongLi-Personalized exploration of online education-- adaptive interactive online course based on learner data and knowledge map
Personalization is always the goal of education. In China, "teaching without distinction and according to students'...
Computerized Maintenance Management Software
Easy-to-use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) program for streamlining support administration, putting...
Progressive Web App Development
Insta is a leading progressive web app development company that delivers web apps that keep their users engaged by giving...
What are the best mobile app development tools?
A mobile application is a form of software meant to operate on a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet. It...
ECON 125 | Lecture 24: Michael Porter - Strategy
Professor Michael Porter of Harvard University's School of Business discusses competitive strategy and the role it can...
Social Informatics | Lecture 1 | 23/Sept/2020
To undesrtand broadly what social informatics is
MIS BASIC CONCEPTS
To uinderstand that the information is critical in an organization
Information Technology Management
This course provides an overview of career opportunities in Information Technology Management.
Types of Threats in Cyber Security in 2021|Cybersecurity Training|Edureka | Cybersecurity Rewind - 4
Edureka PGP in Cybersecurity: with Edureka: https://www.edureka.co/post-graduate/... This Edureka video on "Types of...
The Data Notebook
The Data Notebook is an online suite of open interactive resources that provides instructional materials for introductory...
General Education for the Information Society
The general education curriculum as we know it today is a product of the Industrial Revolution. The assumptions that...
How Do I Fix Norton Installation Error 8504, 104, 8506?
There are many types of errors Norton installation error 8504, 104 this problem reinstall If you are unable to remove the...
Henry OsborneNorthern Caribbean University
Jodi SchneiderUniversity of Illinois System - Urbana-Champaign
Zyaan Saozyaansao Solution
Michael jordanAcademy of Art University
Shiva Nand SinghDelhi University
Rebecca PlatterSouth Puget Sound Community/Technical College
Mathias MujingaUniversity of South Africa
John WilliamAssist Me 360
baldreck chipaUniversity of South Africa
GetIt SMSBangalore university
The Modern BackThe Modern Back
Isaiah McCommonsTrine University
Bee VolkensVesper Assessor of Employment & Communications
JOHN FERNANDO GRANADOS ROMEROUniversidad de Guayaquil
Materials by Discipline
- Application Development (373)
- Business Process Management (63)
- Data and Information Management (100)
- Enterprise Systems and Architecture (1)
- Foundations of Information Systems (20)
- Human Computer Interaction (18)
- IS Project Management (13)
- IS Strategy, Management and Acquisition (9)
- IT Audit and Controls (11)
- IT Infrastructure (567)
- IT Security and Risk Management (59)
- Knowledge Management (14)
- Social Informatics (27)
- System Analysis and Design (130)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- IEEE Education Society
- IEEE Computer Society
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Government Cybersecurity
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Consortium for Computing Sciences in Colleges (CCSC)
- Instructional Technology Council (ITC)
- The MASIE Center
- ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE)
- Online Learning Consortium (formerly Sloan-C)
- Association for Talent Development (ATD)
- The eLearning Guild
- Michigan Association for Computer Users in Learning (MACUL)
- Flipped Learning Network
- United States Distance Learning Organization
Journals & Publications
- Journal of Cybersecurity
- National Cybersecurity Institute Journal
- International Journal of Cyber–Security and Digital Forensics (IJCSDF)
- Journal of Information Assurance & Cybersecurity
- Journal of Cyber Security & Information Systems
- ACM TechNews
- Campus Technology Higher Education Technology Newsletters
- CIO Magazine
- eCampus News
- OLC Online Learning Journal
- Journal of Information Technology Education: Research (JITE:Research)
- Journal of Information Technology Education: Innovations in Practice (JITE:IIP)
- Journal of Information Technology Education: Discussion Cases (JITE:DC)
- Learning Solutions Magazine
- Network World
- Newsletters by O'Reilly (Free Registration gives you access to free newsletters, online discussions, and more.)
- Today's Campus
Information Technology on the Web
Israel: Where Fintech Meets Cybersecurity - PYMNTS.com
Aug 07, 2022 04:48 PM PDT
Campus Notes, August 8, 2022 - Yahoo News
Aug 07, 2022 03:50 PM PDT
U.S. Department of Commerce Announces Winners of American Rescue Plan $500 Million ...
Aug 07, 2022 03:49 PM PDT
Hackers might have figured out your secret Twitter accounts - The Verge
Aug 07, 2022 02:20 PM PDT
Claroty launches new cloud-based industrial cybersecurity platform - SecurityBrief Asia
Aug 07, 2022 02:12 PM PDT
India sees sharp rise in cyber attacks as internet base continues to widen
Aug 07, 2022 01:44 PM PDT
Scrapping of ITIR project widens rift between Telangana, Centre - Hindustan Times
Aug 07, 2022 01:41 PM PDT
The cybersecurity funding bubble hasn't burst — but it's starting to deflate | TechCrunch
Aug 07, 2022 01:41 PM PDT
Marcos gov't urged to beef up local cybersecurity workforce | Inquirer Business
Aug 07, 2022 01:38 PM PDT
ENTERPRISE SECURITY ARCHITECT - IT-Online
Aug 07, 2022 01:03 PM PDT
GDIT Taps Justin DePalmo as CISO - WashingtonExec
Aug 07, 2022 12:32 PM PDT
Security Risk by Accepting Policy Exceptions
Aug 07, 2022 11:32 AM PDT
Cybersecurity funding bubble hasn't burst, it's starting to deflate - TBEN
Aug 07, 2022 11:10 AM PDT
Finance Sector Deals Latest Blow to Cyber Solarium Construct Teetering in NDAA - Nextgov
Aug 07, 2022 11:00 AM PDT
Is Your Government Organization Cyber Resilient? - Security Boulevard
Aug 07, 2022 10:56 AM PDT
Why Can't Cyber Scholars Move Beyond the Basics? | The National Interest
Aug 07, 2022 10:10 AM PDT
The Cybersecurity Funding Bubble Hasn't Burst -- but It's Starting to Deflate - Latestly
Aug 07, 2022 09:44 AM PDT
Eye on AI: Taking over cybersecurity - Times of India
Aug 07, 2022 09:26 AM PDT
Bangladesh jumps 25 notches up to rank 53 in Global Cybersecurity Index | The Daily Star
Aug 07, 2022 08:06 AM PDT
Top 10 Cybersecurity Companies Excelling in Digital Security Industry - Analytics Insight
Aug 07, 2022 07:34 AM PDT
Info Tech on Twitter
- We’re on the road next week – join us at one of our upcoming events! cisa.gov/events https://t.co/Cl7gDkl4b5, photo: pic.twitter.com/Cl7gDkl4b57 hours ago | cyber
- Keep your business protected online! Browse our small business resources here: cisa.gov/small-business https://t.co/BYhdl0OdCg, photo: pic.twitter.com/BYhdl0OdCg1 day ago | cyber
- "An organization with a growth mindset values and fosters collaboration, innovation, and appropriate risk-taking, a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Leaders at the University of California, Merced have applied the principles and tools of analytics to address issue… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- "In this article, I present five tips for easy fixes for some of these obstacles, all of which can be included in y… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Grab a coffee and join us for a free EDUCAUSE Member QuickTalk discussing Read It Right: Data Literacy’s Impact on… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- "You’ll find that attending Learning Solutions as a speaker comes with many built-in opportunities." Check out this… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Thank you to our #SeeYourselfInCyber sponsors @Proofpoint, @Quanta_Services, @Dell, @Trellix, and @CISAgov!
Sign u… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 days ago | StaySafeOnline
- Get a solid foundation for critical areas of learning leadership success, academic communication, data-driven solut… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- #ICYMI Today’s #ProfsinPractice event has been POSTPONED until August 26 @ 11am ET. twitter.com/CISAgov/status…2 days ago | cyber