Information Technology Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Greetings from the Information Technology Board!
Welcome to our portal!
A unique characteristic of the MERLOT IT discipline is that we have designed its taxonomy to align with the undergraduate course topics recommended by CSAB (Computing Sciences Accreditation Board) – the lead society within ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) for accreditation of degree programs in computer science, information systems, software engineering, information technology, and cybersecurity, and is a co-lead society for systems engineering, and is a cooperating society for computer engineering, biological engineering, and information engineering technology. CSAB is governed by the two largest technical, educational, and scientific societies in computer and computer-related fields: The Association for Computing Machinery, Inc. (ACM) and the IEEE-Computer Society (IEEE-CS).
Accordingly, the MERLOT IT discipline portal has been endorsed by both the IEEE Computer Society and IEEE Education Society, and that endorsement is noted with a banner on the IT portal page.
Web Development Environment
At the end of this module, the students will be able to: Distinguish development versus production environment....
Web Application Development
De Gruyter: Open Access Journals
De Gruyter publishes fully open access journals across Science, Technology, Mathematics (STM) and Humanities, Social...
African Journals Online (AJOL)
African Journals Online (AJOL) is the world's largest library of peer-reviewed, African-published scholarly journals,...
Undergraduate Research Commons
The Undergraduate Research Commons (URC), a Bepress research portal curated by university librarians, is a portal...
RIO (Research Ideas and Outcomes): The Open Science Journal
RIO (Research Ideas and Outcomes) journal publishes all outputs of the research cycle, including project proposals, data,...
MoMo - Moving MOOC: Science 2.0 & Open Research Methods
Starting Nov 12, 2018, in the Moving MOOC (MOMO), young scholars and early career researchers (ECR) will learn to use...
Field Day - ARIS
ARIS (Augmented Reality for Interactive Storytelling) is a free platform that allows users to create mobile-based tours,...
CRediT : Open Research Scholarly Outputs Assessment Tool
CRedit (Contributor Roles Taxonomy) is high-level taxonomy including 14 roles, that can be used to represent the roles...
The Open Data Barometer
The Open Data Barometer (ODB) is a global measure of how government and publishing are using Open Data for...
AfricArxiv: Open Access Preprints for African Scientists
AfricArxiv is a free, open access, interdisciplinary preprint & postprint service for dissemination, distribution, and...
The Planetary Report (Open Access)
The Planetary Report is the internationally recognized flagship magazine of The Planetary Society, featuring lively...
SCHOLAR -CNKI学术搜索 (China Integrated Knowledge Resource Database)
Scholar-CNKI (www.cnki.net) is the largest aggregator and distribution of academic digital resources in China. CNKI has...
Open Source Systems: Towards Robust Practices | SpringerLink
This book constitutes the refereed proceedings of the 13th IFIP WG 2.13 International Conference on Open Source Systems,...
Digitalisierung | SpringerLink
Seit Jahren wird unser Alltag geprägt von zunehmender Automation und Vernetzung, die Digitalisierung genannt wird....
Open Educational Resource (OER) presentations for a course on Operating Systems
This page collects OER presentations (responsive HTML slides with embedded audio, also PDF versions) for a course on...
SBI Mobile Number Registration: Change SBI Registered Mobile Number
Here you will learn about Online SBI Mobile Number Registration, You can also change your SBI registred mobile number by...
Open Science: Sharing Your Research with the World
Starting Oct. 30, 2018, this four week introductory course "Open Science: Sharing Your Research with the World" is...
Aadhar Card Download Kaise Kare: Online Aadhar Card Kaise Nikale ✔
Aadhar Card Ek Important Document Hai, Is Blog Post me Aap Janege Ki Online Aadhar Card Download Kaise Kare, 👍Aadhar...
Digital Kenya | SpringerLink
Presenting rigorous and original research, this volume offers key insights into the historical, cultural, social,...
TEDxBrussels: Open Science can save the planet
Frontiers’ CEO, Kamila Markram, makes a case at TEDxBrussels for why open science is the key to innovation, economic...
ResourceWatch.org: "Monitoring the Planet's Pulse with Open Data"
Resource Watch features over 200+ reliable and timely data sets in one place on the state of the planet's resources and...
Mozilla IoT's "Project Things"
Mozilla IoT's Project Things is an experimental framework/IoT digital platform of software and services for connecting...
Internet of Things (IoT) Scanner - BullGuard
The Internet of Things (IoT) Scanner by BullGuard allows you to check if your internet-connected devices (webcams, smart...
Aaronn KyllerrClassified Script
Zaynn BilzissCraigslist Script
Jacob JizicsVideo Sharing Script
Omar MusaUnitar International University
Susan WernerLakeland College
Ratna Dinakar TumuluriUniversity System of Georgia - Kennesaw State University
Mihir JoshiDSP Investment Managers (Formerly DSP BlackRock)
Colin FoxUniversity of Wisconsin System - Oshkosh
SAM Web StudioWeb Design
mia averyAmerican Academy of Dramatic Arts
Norman VanNostrandCordova High School - Shelby Co. Schools
Dawn KightSouthern University System - Baton Rouge
Nitin LahotiMy Taxi Pulse
leidy gaitandiana gaitan
Darla KomoraKent State University
Fathi TenzakkhtiPrince Sattam Bin Abdulaziz University
Mark Stapletonalliantgroup, LP
Frank KatzUniversity System of Georgia - Georgia Southern University
Tonya Melvin-BryantCoastal Carolina University
Patrick WardChattanooga State Community College
Materials by Discipline
- Application Development (328)
- Business Process Management (8)
- Data and Information Management (82)
- Enterprise Systems and Architecture (2)
- Foundations of Information Systems (16)
- Human Computer Interaction (12)
- IS Project Management (4)
- IS Strategy, Management and Acquisition (4)
- IT Infrastructure (569)
- IT Security and Risk Management (54)
- Knowledge Management (9)
- Social Informatics (18)
- System Analysis and Design (123)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Government Cybersecurity
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Consortium for Computing Sciences in Colleges (CCSC)
- Instructional Technology Council (ITC)
- The MASIE Center
- ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE)
- Online Learning Consortium (formerly Sloan-C)
- Association for Talent Development (ATD)
- The eLearning Guild
- Michigan Association for Computer Users in Learning (MACUL)
- Flipped Learning Network
- United States Distance Learning Organization
Journals & Publications
- Journal of Cybersecurity
- National Cybersecurity Institute Journal
- International Journal of Cyber–Security and Digital Forensics (IJCSDF)
- Journal of Information Assurance & Cybersecurity
- Journal of Cyber Security & Information Systems
- ACM TechNews
- Campus Technology Higher Education Technology Newsletters
- CIO Magazine
- eCampus News
- OLC Online Learning Journal
- Journal of Information Technology Education: Research (JITE:Research)
- Journal of Information Technology Education: Innovations in Practice (JITE:IIP)
- Journal of Information Technology Education: Discussion Cases (JITE:DC)
- Learning Solutions Magazine
- Network World
- Newsletters by O'Reilly (Free Registration gives you access to free newsletters, online discussions, and more.)
- Today's Campus
Information Technology on the Web
Info Tech on Twitter
- “The management program has helped me grow as a professional and as a human being and to become a well rounded and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4 minutes ago | educause
- RT @TonyaEdtech: Colleagues @Penn @pennvet @Wharton, UPenn is an @educause member. Check out the 5 Key Resources ow.ly/yLey50jEGBN…19 minutes ago | educause
- RT @js22222222: you never know what malware might attack your computer when you least expect it - #UpdateMeow and you know your computer i…41 minutes ago | StaySafeOnline
- Everyone knows that cats don't like pickles. That's why they #UpdateMeow to keep devices safer and more secure.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…59 minutes ago | StaySafeOnline
- Amazon is heading to New York and Virginia. @lindsay_mck took a look at how nearby institutions will adjust -- new… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 hour ago | IHEdigital
- A #freelancer's computer is essential to their income. Here's what you need to know to stay safe.
#CyberAware staysafeonline.org/blog/cybersecu…1 hour ago | StaySafeOnline
- Mid-week #productivity boost with the blog post, "Setting up a Successful #Learning Project with Good… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | InSyncJennifer
- RT @danieleliot: Mapping out speaking engagements, workshop locations, and webinar topics for the @StaySafeOnline 2019 #CyberSecureMyBiz p…2 hours ago | StaySafeOnline
- Federal energy regulator seeks collaboration with telecom sector on supply chain, other cyber vulnerabilities dlvr.it/QrCfNx4 hours ago | InsideCyber
- Senior DOD cyber official says new agreement with DHS includes incident-response planning dlvr.it/QrCfNX4 hours ago | InsideCyber