Information Technology Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Greetings from the Information Technology Board!
Welcome to our portal!
A unique characteristic of the MERLOT IT discipline is that we have designed its taxonomy to align with the undergraduate course topics recommended by CSAB (Computing Sciences Accreditation Board) – the lead society within ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) for accreditation of degree programs in computer science, information systems, software engineering, information technology, and cybersecurity, and is a co-lead society for systems engineering, and is a cooperating society for computer engineering, biological engineering, and information engineering technology. CSAB is governed by the two largest technical, educational, and scientific societies in computer and computer-related fields: The Association for Computing Machinery, Inc. (ACM) and the IEEE-Computer Society (IEEE-CS).
Accordingly, the MERLOT IT discipline portal has been endorsed by both the IEEE Computer Society and IEEE Education Society, and that endorsement is noted with a banner on the IT portal page.
What is Smart Technology? | Petra Blog
"Smart" has become a marketing buzzword. But defining just what smart technology is can be difficult. Is it connectivity...
Competency in Informatics for Nursing Professional in India
This article explores the nursing informatics curriculum taught to student nurses in India. The basic and advance...
NIH Preprint Pilot: iSearch COVID-19 Portfolio
The iSearch COVID-19 portfolio is NIH's comprehensive, expert-curated source for publications and preprints related to...
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Compliance Guideline
The EU General Data Protection Regulation went into effect on May 25, 2018, replacing the Data Protection Directive...
Coronavirus Disease Research Community - COVID-19 | Zenodo
Zenodo's Coronavirus Disease Research Community COVID-19 collects research inputs that may be relevant to the Coronavirus...
OSF: Coronavirus Outbreak Research Collection
The Center for Open Science (COS) has launched April 23, 2020 in response to the urgent and ongoing need for aggregated...
COVID-19 Data Portal
The aim of the COVID-19 Data Portal is to facillitate data sharing and analysis, and to accelerate coronavirus research....
Best Digital Marketing Serviices | Digital Marketing Agency
What exactly is Digital Marketing? If you are thinking about hiring a digital marketing services company in Islamabad,...
Neural Covidex: COVID-19 AI-Open Data Mining Search Engine
Scientists and researchers can now quickly, freely, and easily search through over 45,000+ scholarly articles, medical...
Data Dryad - Publish and Preserve your Data
The Dryad Digital Repository is a cross-disciplinary, curated resource that makes research data, discoverable, freely...
Harvard Dataverse: Cross-Disciplinary Repository
Harvard Dataverse is a free cross-disciplinary repository open to all researchers from any discipline, both inside and...
Scientific American is the essential guide to the most awe-inspiring advances in science and technology, explaining how...
ORCID: Connecting Research & Researchers
ORCID provides a "persistent identifier" (an ORCID) that you own and control, and that distinguishes you from every other...
10 Skills You Didn't Know Could Land You an IT Job
Soft skills matter in IT careers more than many people think. The ability to communicate, analyze and stay organized,...
Information Security in Big Data: Privacy and Data Mining - IEEE Journals & Magazine
The growing popularity and development of data mining technologies bring serious threat to the security of individual,'s...
Cloud Computing – What Auditors need to know
Cloud computing is a model for enabling ubiquitous, convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configurable...
10 Common Process Improvement Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
For those new to process analysis and improvement efforts, they can seem daunting. Even those steeped in process...
If you’re looking to benchmark, manage content, or define business processes, process frameworks save you time and effort...
Global Health Informatics to Improve Quality of Care
Learn how to design health information and communication technology (ICT) solutions for the developing world.
Implementation of an Evidence-Based Electronic Health Record (EHR) Downtime Readiness and Recovery Plan
This OJNI report dives into the implementation of EHRs and downtime readiness and recovery plans.
EduCat: Free Online Tools for Students and Writers
Save time and energy with EduCat! Students, writers, everybody can benefit from our free tools. Subscribe to be the first...
Aplicativo do VCE: Vocabulário de Controle Externo do Tribunal de Contas da União
Um tesauro é um instrumento da Ciência da Informação que padroniza a entrada de dados nos sistemas e auxilia a...
VCE: vocabulário de controle externo do Tribunal de Contas da União | Portal TCU
O VCE - Vocabulário de Controle Externo é o Tesauro do Tribunal de Contas da União. Iniciado em 2011, tem por objetivo...
BARE BONES 101: A BASIC TUTORIAL ON SEARCHING THE WEB
So, you're still getting those 1,670,000+ responses to your search queries on the Web, and you're still too busy to do...
Shamrao KattimaniOakland University
Ashish Hattangdimumbai university
Rob ParkeUniversity of Southern California
Charmaine JirgensHeritage College
Patrick DaviesMasters of Digital
Sandy BansalAmerikan Gymnasiet
Security First#iTHiNKLabs Research Project | The Open-Minded Community Project
stuart denrichStevenson University
Mercedes PagazaMercedes Pagaza
Mukhtarkhan NalibayevInternational Information Technology University
Gina HodgesWest High School
Marta ArmasBarcelona University
Ashish KatuwalKing's College Nepal / Westcliff University
Sanaz TehraniWestcliff University
Materials by Discipline
- Application Development (336)
- Business Process Management (62)
- Data and Information Management (93)
- Enterprise Systems and Architecture (2)
- Foundations of Information Systems (18)
- Human Computer Interaction (16)
- IS Project Management (13)
- IS Strategy, Management and Acquisition (5)
- IT Audit and Controls (11)
- IT Infrastructure (568)
- IT Security and Risk Management (56)
- Knowledge Management (13)
- Social Informatics (25)
- System Analysis and Design (129)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- IEEE Education Society
- IEEE Computer Society
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Government Cybersecurity
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Consortium for Computing Sciences in Colleges (CCSC)
- Instructional Technology Council (ITC)
- The MASIE Center
- ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE)
- Online Learning Consortium (formerly Sloan-C)
- Association for Talent Development (ATD)
- The eLearning Guild
- Michigan Association for Computer Users in Learning (MACUL)
- Flipped Learning Network
- United States Distance Learning Organization
Journals & Publications
- Journal of Cybersecurity
- National Cybersecurity Institute Journal
- International Journal of Cyber–Security and Digital Forensics (IJCSDF)
- Journal of Information Assurance & Cybersecurity
- Journal of Cyber Security & Information Systems
- ACM TechNews
- Campus Technology Higher Education Technology Newsletters
- CIO Magazine
- eCampus News
- OLC Online Learning Journal
- Journal of Information Technology Education: Research (JITE:Research)
- Journal of Information Technology Education: Innovations in Practice (JITE:IIP)
- Journal of Information Technology Education: Discussion Cases (JITE:DC)
- Learning Solutions Magazine
- Network World
- Newsletters by O'Reilly (Free Registration gives you access to free newsletters, online discussions, and more.)
- Today's Campus
Information Technology on the Web
Cybersecurity bundle to bring joy to SMEs
Aug 08, 2020 05:11 PM PDT
Interpol issues warning about cybersecurity risk during pandemic
Aug 08, 2020 03:07 PM PDT
Telecom departments not bothered about cyber security
Aug 08, 2020 02:45 PM PDT
Aug 08, 2020 02:43 PM PDT
100 Emiratis set to excel in AI, coding and cybersecurity
Aug 08, 2020 12:41 PM PDT
Cybersecurity Consulting Services Market Share, Growth, Statistics, by Application, Production ...
Aug 08, 2020 11:59 AM PDT
Industrial Cybersecurity Industry Market 2020 Report Forecast By Global Industry Trends, Future ...
Aug 08, 2020 11:56 AM PDT
Andhra govt signs MoU with US based IT firm to setup centre at Visakhapatnam
Aug 08, 2020 10:15 AM PDT
Global Healthcare Information Technology Software Market Industry Size, Scope, New Business ...
Aug 08, 2020 10:03 AM PDT
The Efficient Problem-solving Skill Has Made Saud Bin Ahmed, a Successful Cyber-Security ...
Aug 08, 2020 09:52 AM PDT
Global Automotive Cybersecurity Market Outlook by Industry Segments and Recent Trends 2020 ...
Aug 08, 2020 09:41 AM PDT
Cyber Checkup: How to Protect Your Practice from Cyber-attacks
Aug 08, 2020 09:40 AM PDT
3 High-Growth Stocks That Could Soar
Aug 08, 2020 09:07 AM PDT
Operating Room Management Market 2020 – Epic, Cerner, Medical Information Technology ...
Aug 08, 2020 08:52 AM PDT
The dark side of Israeli cybersecurity firms
Aug 08, 2020 08:22 AM PDT
Australian Government Introduces Plan to Access Private Networks to Prevent Cyber-Attacks on ...
Aug 08, 2020 08:17 AM PDT
Artificial Intelligence in Cybersecurity Market Projected to Garner Significant Revenues by 2025
Aug 08, 2020 08:11 AM PDT
STC to offer Cybersecurity Programs at Army Education Center
Aug 08, 2020 08:00 AM PDT
Pre-Expo Supply-demand Matchmaking Meeting of 3rd CIIE held in Shanghai
Aug 08, 2020 07:48 AM PDT
Kerala activist Rehana Fathima surrenders before police after SC rejects plea in POCSO case
Aug 08, 2020 06:30 AM PDT
Info Tech on Twitter
- RT @CharlieReports: 2/... what the exit of a key State Dept official means for cyber bit.ly/33BoBn7, & @CompTIAAdvocacy launches i…
- RT @CharlieReports: Read our interview w/ Tony Sager of @CISecurity: “We have to recognize the universal nature... Most frameworks are desi…
- RT @CharlieReports: 1/Check out four in-depth stories today by @InsideCyber including on need for more guidance in Pentagon's #CMMC program…
- #Training should offer a safe space for making mistakes and questioning for understanding. Facilitators can contrib… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…13 hours ago | InSyncJennifer
- RT @DCBPhDV2: 🔥HOT OFF THE PRESS🔥
A new @EDUCAUSE QuickPoll Blog Post by @MarkMcCNash1, “Fall Planning for Online and Physical Spaces” http…
- RT @Dan_Blick: This is good stuff, and looks at a CBE-powered way toward solving this: "Despite the importance of th[e Instructional Design…
- RT @mojohelpdesk: We enjoyed this article by @educause regarding tips for enhancing online learning. Learn more here. https://t.co/a4flUO8S…1 day ago | educause
- With the virtualization of #learning, an individual’s desktop computer has become a #learning environment – in othe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 day ago | InSyncJennifer
- A new initiative aims to provide the skills and expertise that instructional designers need to help #HigherEd meet… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- "The first key is to remember that effective use of #multimedia in online training involves more than shooting a vi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 day ago | learningsolpub