Instructional Technology Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Instructional Technology Portal, an educational resource for teaching and learning. Use this portal to discover online learning materials, MERLOT members, journals, professional organizations, and news in your discipline.
As we gear up for the Fall 2017 semester, we welcome your thoughts and questions!
Find out about teaching and technology integration, e-learning, blended learning, flipped classrooms, best practices to support teaching in the classroom, tools and tips, adult learners-and beyond!
You are also invited to join MERLOT – it's free! As a member of MERLOT, you can contribute to this growing community of instructors and students by using and rating the learning materials you find, submitting online learning materials for evaluation that you have created or that you have used.
MERLOT prides itself on the peer reviews of material in our collection. As a member you can become a peer reviewer which has many benefits! The peer review process for evaluating the teaching and learning resources in MERLOT follows a standard model and is led by Editors and editorial boards. Faculty members are selected in accordance with MERLOT guidelines. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Peer Review Information page. Peer Review Form
Multimedia Tools and Applications
This module aims at equipping students with the knowledge and skills to carry out technicaland design activities relating...
PDF to PPT Converter - Convert PDF to PowerPoint Online
How do you turn a PDF into PowerPoint? Convert PDF to PPT with our free online PDF to PowerPoint converter. In three...
8 Things You Should Know before Using Social Media in Your Course
Planning to use social media in your upcoming course? It can be a great way to enhance social learning and improve...
TEDxBrussels: Open Science can save the planet
Frontiers’ CEO, Kamila Markram, makes a case at TEDxBrussels for why open science is the key to innovation, economic...
Mason OER Metafinder (MOM): OER Repository Search Engine
George Mason University Libraries' "Mason OER Metafinder" is designed as a search engine (metafinder) of popular OER...
Type with your voice - Docs editors Help
In Google Docs, you can type with your voice instead of your fingers by using the Voice Typing tool. In addition to...
Exploring Emerging Technologies for Lifelong Learning & Success (Coursera)
The aim of “Exploring Emerging Technologies for Lifelong Learning and Success (#EmTechMOOC)” is to identify the value and...
Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST)
The Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST) is a collaborative effort by like-minded individuals and organizations...
Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices
The Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices is designed for faculty, students, and researchers who want to better...
eLearning Blogs | Allen Interactions
4 Reasons That You’re eLearning Course Isn’t Working, But Still Can
You may be proud of the information you gathered and shared with your employees. You created a course that was...
Converting Long Form eLearning Courses to Short-Form: An Invitation to Microlearning
Contrary to long-form training, microlearning offers the same information but packages it into smaller segments. Learn...
62 Tips on Graphic Design, UI/UX Design, and Visualization for eLearning : Publications Library | The eLearning Guild
Effective eLearning deliverables require more than just text and a few random graphics. Good graphic design, user...
Implications Of Learning Theories On Instructional Design - eLearning Industry
Wondering what are the implications of Learning Theories On Instructional Design? Check the implications of 3 Learning...
7 Ways AR/VR Technologies Impact eLearning - eLearning Industry
Free PDF Download! Get our free eBook AR/VR Technology's Role In The Future Of eLearning to discover how AR/VR...
Trends In Education Technology For The Modern Society - eLearning Industry
Interested in some of the major Trends In Education Technology for the modern society? Check some of the major Trends In...
Instructional Design Resources
Instructional design has been undergoing significant changes resulting from developments in areas including pedagogy,...
What is Instructional Design?
Instructional Design Central (IDC) provides instructional designers & learning experience (LX) design professionals...
How to become an instructional designer
How to become an Instructional Designer
Instructional Design | The Rapid E-Learning Blog
There are lots of ingredients to a great elearning course. But in the end, the success of your course hinges on a...
24 Top Tips To Become An Instructional Designer - eLearning Industry
24 Top Tips To Become An Instructional Designer
Open Science Training Handbook (ver 1)
The Open Science Training Handbook (ver. 1) is intended for anyone who wishes to host Open Science training events or...
Efficacious Technology Management
This 196-page book proceeds from the assumption that educational technology must be suported by a collaborative effort of...
Advanced Power Searching - Google
This course provides advanced tips and tricks to search for information about specific topics and how to retireve the...
Lama AtouiMinistry of education
Veronica ArmourRutgers University - New Brunswick
David HallAmarillo College
Sadik BulutVirginia International University
Cindy RebmannSan Antonio Christian School
Joaquín Navarrete Mateouniversitat oberta de catalunya
Dana TomlinState University of New York System - College at Old Westbury
Nelda RACIGEES1 INFOD
Vanessa WilliamsWalden University
Eunice MbarikaVocation and Education Empowerment Corporation
Jorge BelmontCentro de Actualización del Magisterio de Yucatán
Gillian SochorMarshall University
ALFRED AWONUGATrevecca Nazarene University
Oluwafemi AdetayoFederal College of Animal Health & Production Technology
Dani HodgkinsonNortheastern University
Leopoldo GeroimoHunan, Changsha Tongshenghu Experimental School
Armando J. PoleoUniversity of Texas System - Permian Basin
Marcela AguileraINACAP Universidad Tecnológica de Chile
Sarah SutterThe American School in Japan
Matt AuthGrafton High School Yorktown VA
- Instructional Technology Council (ITC)
- The MASIE Center
- Online Learning Consortium
- Association for Talent Development (ATD)
- The eLearning Guild
- Flipped Learning Network
- Michigan Association for Computer Users in Learning (MACUL)
- United States Distance Learning Organization
- Interaction Design Foundation
- Teaching, Learning and Technology Group
- Teach with Wikipedia
- Open Education Consortium
Journals & Publications
- Michigan Association for Computer Users in Learning (MACUL)
- Newsletters by O'Reilly (Free Registration gives you access to free newsletters, online discussions, and more.)
- Learning Solutions Magazine
- Campus Technology Higher Education Technology Newsletters
- CIO Magazine
- eCampus News
- OLC Online Learning Journal
- Training Magazine
Instructional Tech on the Web
Instruct Tech on Twitter
- Want Windows 10 to act more like Windows 7? Here’s how. @jghassell computerworld.com/article/329127…8 minutes ago | Computerworld
- "xAPI has arrived! While some might still debate if xAPI is “ready,” we feel that it clearly is here to stay" Read… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…14 hours ago | learningsolpub
- RT @ethansaslater: Lilli Cooper is a superhero. She leaves us after today to join Tootsie in Chicago, and though I will miss her deeply, I…18 hours ago | emasie
- Want a Light Board for your school, classroom, or personal use but don't have the time/resources/desire to build on… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…18 hours ago | flippedlearning
- "Just as many learning and development (L&D) teams were getting the hang of using data in eLearning, though, GDPR t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…19 hours ago | learningsolpub
- We know you've heard of UX designers, but have you heard of LX designers? It's important that learner's have good e… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…19 hours ago | learningsolpub
- Classroom Q – Efficiently Organize Student Questions ow.ly/AN7s30l3PH2 #flippedlearning #edtech #flipclass… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…20 hours ago | flippedlearning
- A rainy day here in the northeast US ... good time to catch up on the #AsktheFLN Podcast! ow.ly/CGGf30l3PBI… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…21 hours ago | flippedlearning
- "So, let’s focus on what we do know, starting with the simple fact that robots are better than us." Read the full a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 day ago | learningsolpub
- RT @Brenda_S_Meli: Wonderfully wild at the #ATDCFL WILD Conference! Thank you Elliott Masie for your insights into our role as learning pro…1 day ago | emasie