Mathematics Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Mathematics Portal. Here you will find some of the best mathematics resources hosted on the Internet. We hope you find what you are looking for as you browse through the wealth of resources that will supplement your mathematics teaching and learning. The mathematics editorial board uses the same form for peer reviewing as is used for faculty development. It can be found here: Peer Review Form.
Here is an article on teaching online math in the world of COVID-19:
Symbolab Math Solver:
This site allows the user to enter in a wide variety of math problems. The computer solves the problem and shows the relevant steps. It have a user friendly math equation editor and an abundance of examples.
The focus of this textbook is on applying discrete math techniques from the two broad component areas of discrete math,...
Quantitative Reasoning Workbook
This workbook with practice exercises for Quantitative Reasoning was created through a Round 14 Textbook Transformation...
Ancillary Materials for OpenStax Precalculus
This collection of worksheets, homework assignments, and study skills exercises was created through a Round 14 Textbook...
Mr. Nussbaum - Stock the Shelves - Online Game!
Interactive game allowing users to practice plotting points on a coordinate plane.
Mr. Nussbaum - Order Ops - Online Game
Interactive online game allowing uses to practice order of operations skills
Mr. Nussbaum - Tony's Fractions Pizza Shop
Interactive game allowing users to practice identifying, reducing, and recognizing equivalent fractions.
Optimization - Rectangle Inscribed in a Parabola
Interactive applet exploring the optimization problem of inscribing a rectangle in a parabola.
Optimization - Bending a Wire
Interactive applet exploring the optimization problem of determining the point at which to bend a wire to create a...
Mean Value Theorem:
Interactive applet illustrating the Mean Value Theorem
Derivatives and the Shape of a Graph
Interactive applet explorng the relationships between the characteristics of the graph (increasing, decreasing, concave...
Reconstruct f from its Second Derivative
Interactive applet allowing users to practice constructing the derivative of a function when given the graph of the...
Reconstruct f from its First Derivative
Interactive applet allowing users to practice constructing the graph of a function f when given the derivative f'.
Engineering Expert - Open Educational Resources
You will find here a plethora of Open Education Resources (OER) you can learn and develop, as well as share with your...
Personalized Online Learning from Oppia
El recurso contiene una actividad que tiene por finalidad establecer térmmino a término el sistema de ecuaciones lineales...
Cymath Math Solving App
This site helps the use in solving calculus and algebra problems online with with step-by-step solutions.
Chegg Math Solver
This site has an online math calculate with step-by-step solutions and explanations.
Phase plane plotter
This tool plots a system of differential equations of the form dx/dt = f(x,y), dy/dt = g(x,y).
Direction field plotter
This page contains a graphing tool that plots a direction field for differential equations of the form dy/dx = f(x,y).
This site contains an online graphing tool that allows the user to visualize vectors in plane, perform vector addition...
WinFIG is a vector graphics editor application. It has become quite popular among academic users for it’s ability to use...
Optimization - Getting Power to an Island
Interactive applet exploring an optimization problem.
Exploring the Mean Value Theorem # 3
Students explore the Mean Value Theorem.
Intermediate Value Theorem
Interactive applet exploring the Intermediate Value Theorem
The Intuitive Notion of the Chain Rule
Interactive applet exploring the chain rule.
OPPS PrintASTI ACADEMY
Mallika HarmonDubai Univercity
Twianie RobertsTennessee State University
Omega PascubelloHumboldt State University
Odet AlférezUniversidad Autónoma de Yucatán
Rosa Rysa SimbahanSt. Anne College Lucena, Inc
Erica JohnsonAmerican InterContinental University
Engr SHOAIBIMPERIAL COLLEGE OF BUSINESS STUDIES LAHORE
Howell McCulloughEduTechnologic, LLC
Joe PolidoroBerkshire Community/Technical College
Sam SaundersBuckingham School
COLLEEEN TAYLORLYNNVILLE-SULLY SCHOOLS
Maggie FlintNortheast State Community College
Richard AbdelkerimPasadena City College
pihu guptaBangalore university
Oyunsaikhan TseyenoidovTSakhim khicheel
Devyn FairbairnBroadalbin-Perth High School
Misti BaileyTulsa Community College
Materials by Discipline
- Algebra and Number Theory (586)
- Analysis (109)
- Applied Mathematics (783)
- Calculus (487)
- Developmental Mathematics (450)
- Differential Equations (151)
- Discrete Mathematics (231)
- Dynamical Systems (40)
- Foundations of Mathematics (120)
- General and Liberal Arts Math (250)
- Geometry and Topology (221)
- Mathematical Modeling (76)
- Mathematics Publishing Tools (33)
- Numerical Analysis (50)
- Pre-Calculus Mathematics (292)
Journals & Publications
- Linear Algebra and its Applications
- Mathematics of Computation at AMS
- Journal of the American Mathematical Society
- Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society
- The College Mathematics
- American Mathematical Monthly
- Mathematics Magazine
- Focus Magazine
- Applied Mathematics E-Notes
- Mathematics MDPI
- Fractional Calculus and Applied Analysis
Mathematics on the Web
Mathematics on Twitter
- Students can explore a cube dissection from ancient China by using paper models, computer animations, and/or 3D pri… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | maanow
- Some scientific publishers are reporting a surge in submissions this year as scholars find more time during the pan… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5 hours ago | amermathsoc
- Child care grants are available for the AMS Spring Sectional Meetings, see buff.ly/2XXOj1d The deadline to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…9 hours ago | amermathsoc
- How can we build and maintain community in an online classroom? Check out the latest from #MathValues for tips on h… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…11 hours ago | maanow
- We might miss going into the office, but we certainly don't miss traffic! 🚘Our final #PICMath Showcase team from… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…12 hours ago | maanow
- The deadline for proposals for Special Sessions for the AMS Fall Eastern Sectional Meeting at the University of Buf… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…14 hours ago | amermathsoc
- New job posting: IT Manager Network, Storage & Datacenter - MGIC - Milwaukee, WI dlvr.it/Rr0z5V1 day ago | maanow
- 2020 was a challenging year, but it was also an exciting year, at least numerically. Check out MAA member… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 day ago | maanow
- RT @eric_lander: Humbled and excited to serve as WH science advisor for President-elect @JoeBiden. He has assembled a diverse team of brill…1 day ago | amermathsoc
- New job posting: Senior Architect/Studio Director - Architectural Resources Group - Los Angeles, CA dlvr.it/Rqx2cZ2 days ago | maanow