Well-Tempered Clavier: Module 23
Listening and reading exercise on fugue 23 (B major) of JS Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier in performance by Edward Parmentier on the harpsichord. Includes online assessment.
- Listen to the B major fugue at:
- Read the narrative, at the end of which you'll find a link to the online assessment. The narrative is available in English and Spanish.
Browser Requires Adobe Flash.
- Topics: melodic inversion, tonal and modal variation, invertible counterpoint, Affekt, Monet
- Key concepts: Fugue is like Monet series paintings of poplars; techniques that unite composition and painting.
- Answer the ten questions at:
- Enter your name and instructor's email at the top of the page, then click the "Send to Instructor" button.