Well-Tempered Clavier: Module 16
Listening and reading exercise on fugue 16 (G minor) of JS Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier in performance by Dr. Philip Goeth on the organ. Includes online assessment.
- Listen to the G minor fugue at:
- Read the narrative, at the end of which you'll find a link to the online assessment. The narrative is available in English and Spanish.
Browser Requires Adobe Flash.
- Topics: structure of subject/countersubject, melodic inversion, double counterpoint
- Key concepts: Countersubject is derived from the subject by melodic inversion and reordering of head/tail; fugue likened to fractal.
- Answer the ten questions at:
- Enter your name and instructor's email at the top of the page, then click the "Send to Instructor" button.