Well-Tempered Clavier: Module 8
Listening and reading exercise on fugue 8 (E-flat minor) of JS Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier in performance by David Korevaar on the piano. Includes online assessment.
- Listen to the E-flat minor fugue at: http://bach.nau.edu/clavier/nature/fugues/Fugue08.html.
- Read the narrative, at the end of which you'll find a link to the online assessment. The narrative is available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
Browser Requires Adobe Flash.
- Topics: inversion, augmentation, Dostoevsky Brothers K.
- Key concepts: Classic example of subject inversion and augmentation; fugue like polyphonic novel, Brothers Karamazov.
- David Korevaar's performance notes at:
- Answer the ten questions at:
- Enter your name and instructor's email at the top of the page, then click the "Send to Instructor" button.