Well-Tempered Clavier: Module 10
Listening and reading exercise on fugue 10 (E minor) of JS Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier in performance by Dr. Philip Goeth on the organ. Includes online assessment.
- Listen to the E minor fugue at: http://bach.nau.edu/clavier/nature/fugues/Fugue10.html.
- Read the narrative, at the end of which you'll find a link to two possible online assessments. The narrative is available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
Browser Requires Adobe Flash.
- Topics: counterfugue, double counterpoint, canon, Möbius
- Key concepts: Only two-voiced fugue is canon comprised of two parts (fugue/counterfugue) in double counterpoint; fugue likened to Möbius strip.
- Answer the ten questions at one of the following URLs, as instructed by your teacher:
- Enter your name and instructor's email at the top of the page, then click the "Send to Instructor" button.
- Extra Credit: make a Möbius strip out of this fugue at: