Well-Tempered Clavier: Module 2
Listening and reading exercise on fugue 2 (C minor) of JS Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier in performance by David Korevaar on the piano. Includes online assessment.
- Listen to the C minor fugue at:
- Read the narrative, at the end of which you'll find a link to the online assessment. The narrative is available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
Browser Requires Adobe Flash.
- Topics: figural structure of subject, countersubject, invertible counterpoint, melodic inversion, sequence, palindrome
- Key concepts: Subject represents an economy of means; two countersubjects require triple counterpoint; sequence likened to stairs, functions to connect related keys.
- David Korevaar's performance notes at: