Mass in B Minor: Module 3
Third reading (of six) on the Mass in B Minor.
- Go to the following URL and scroll down to Module 3: http://bach.nau.edu/mass/bmSCHOOL.html.
- Read the essay: "Bach's Mass in B Minor: an Introduction."
Browser Requires Adobe Flash.
Introduction to the Mass in B Minor
- Its history and styles
- Its performance forces
- Bach's bid for employment in Dresden
- Its liturgical implausibility in the Lutheran context
- Its (ultimately) private purpose
- Answer the ten questions at:
- Enter your name and instructor's email at the top of the page and then click the "Send to Instructor" button.