Mass in B Minor: Module 4
Fourth reading (of six) on the Mass in B Minor.
- Go to the following URL and scroll down to Module 4: http://bach.nau.edu/mass/bmSCHOOL.html.
- Read the essay: "Bach's Masterpiece Thirty-Six Years in the Making."
Browser Requires Adobe Flash.
- Bach's practice of "borrowing" from his earlier work and how most of the Mass is recycled from his earlier compositions, spanning 36 years.
- The history of each movement in the context of its original composition and how it was repurposed for the Mass.
- Answer the ten questions at:
- Enter your name and instructor's email at the top of the page and then click the "Send to Instructor" button.