Mass in B Minor: Module 1
First reading (of six) on the Mass in B Minor.
- Go to the following URL and scroll down to Module 1: http://bach.nau.edu/mass/bmSCHOOL.html.
- Read the essay (or listen to David Gordon reading it) : "To Whom it May Concern: the story of J. S. Bach the employee and the greatest job application ever written."
Browser Requires Adobe Flash.
Bach's employment history and crowning achievement in the Mass in B Minor
- Introduction and Background
- Weimar - Arnstadt - Mühlhausen (1703-1708)
- Weimar 2 (1708-1717)
- Cöthen (1717-1723)
- Leipzig (1723-1750)
- The World in 1733
- The Job Application
- About the Latin Mass
- About Bach's Mass
- After 1750
- Answer the ten questions at:
- Enter your name and instructor's email at the top of the page and then click the "Send to Instructor" button.