Goldberg Variations: Module 8
Fifth reading (of seven) on the Goldberg Variations.
- Go to the following URL and scroll down to Module 8: http://bach.nau.edu/goldberg/gbSCHOOL.html.
- Read the essay: "As You Like It."
Browser Requires Adobe Flash.
Exploration of the last variation - the "Quodlibet"
- Animation showing the melodic quotations and their sources in Sweelinck, Buxtehude, and a German folksong.
- Reading that speculates on how the Quodlibet might have come into existence, its meaning, and why it closes the Goldberg cycle.
- Answer the ten questions at:
- Enter your name and instructor's email at the top of the page and then click the "Send to Instructor" button.