Goldberg Variations: Module 7
Fourth reading (of seven) on the Goldberg Variations.
- Go to the following URL and scroll down to Module 7: http://bach.nau.edu/goldberg/gbSCHOOL.html.
- Read the essay: "The Goldberg Theme: a Dance and a Love Story."
Browser Requires Adobe Flash.
A reading on the importance of dance in the Goldberg Variations:
- Video of choreography of the Goldberg Aria by Susan Jaffe.
- Videos of baroque dances as the projection of royal power and of courtship.
- Bach's marriage to Anna Magdalena and the importance of her notebook, which contains the first extant copy of the Goldberg Aria.
- The prevalence of dance forms in Anna Magdalena's notebook and in the Goldberg Variations.
- Butterly dance of Anna Magdalena's notation of the Goldberg Aria.
- Answer the ten questions at:
- Enter your name and instructor's email at the top of the page and then click the "Send to Instructor" button.