Goldberg Variations: Module 1
First reading (of seven) on the Goldberg Variations.
- Go to the following URL and scroll down to Module 1: http://bach.nau.edu/goldberg/gbSCHOOL.html.
- Read the two introductory essays on the Goldberg Variations: Williams and Halls
Browser Requires Adobe Flash.
- The popular name "Goldberg" vs. the formal name 'Clavierübung IV."
- On the various editions and the intended harpsichord.
- On Bach's revisiting of theme and variations as a form.
- The overall pattern of the cycle.
- On canon and the Quodlibet.
- Answer the ten questions at:
- Enter your name and instructor's email at the top of the page and then click the "Send to Instructor" button.