1. Discuss what is believed to have caused the extinction of the dinosaur. How is this related to fire?
2. Briefly discuss four historical fires.
3. Explain what a fire whirl is and give an example of one such event in history.
4. Compare the number of fire deaths to auto accidents deaths expected over an average lifetime.
5. List four scientific fields involved in fire research.
6. Discuss the factors motivating fire research.
7. Discuss the role of visualization and scale models in fire research.
8. Explain why SI units and scientific symbols are used in fire research.
1. Examine the statistics of fire and the attitude of society on fire safety. Discuss.
2. Test the validity of fire statistics. For example, does the prevalence of electrical fire causes at night suggest something else? What percentage of fires is actually reported?
? Develop an awareness of fire in history.
? Understand the factors motivating fire research.
? Recognize the role of visualization and scale models in fire research.
? Explain S. I. Units and scientific symbols.
Search by ISBN?
It looks like you have entered an ISBN number. Would you like to search using what you have
entered as an ISBN number?
Searching for Members?
You entered an email address. Would you like to search for members? Click Yes to continue. If no, materials will be displayed first. You can refine your search with the options on the left of the results page.