Learning Exercise: Uncle Tom's Cabin
Uncle Tom's Cabin created great controversy at the time of its publication arousing passions above and below the fabled Mason-Dixon Line. Even after the end of the Civil War the book and the name lived on.
Course: United States History
Date Last Modified:
Instructions: Once the site comes up, Click Enter. Click Browse Mode. Select EITHER African-American Responses OR Pro-Slavery Responses. Write a 5-7 page paper using the primary sources offered (not all of them) to present the African-American response or the Pro-Slavery response to the book. For the position selected are their arguments correct?
Additional Information: None.
- Humanities / History / Area Studies / Americas / United States / 1789-1865
- Humanities / History / Topical / Political
- Humanities / History / Topical / Popular Culture
- Humanities / English / Literature / Prose Fiction
- Humanities / History / Topical / Slavery
- Humanities / History / Area Studies / Americas / United States
No audiences defined for this Learning Exercise