1. Who was Howard Carter and why was he interested in Egypt?
Click on Valley of the Kings. Answer Questions 2-4.
2. What is the Valley of the Kings?
3. Where is it located?
4. How are the tombs constructed?
Click on Main Menu. Click on Life and Times. Answer Questions 5-6.
5. Who were Tutankhamun's parents and his wife?
6. When did he become pharaoh and how long did he reign?
Click on Tutankhamun Menu. Click on Cause of Death. Answer Questions 7-11.
7. How did Tutankhamun die?
8. Who may have killed him and why?
9. Did Tutankhamun's widow remarry and to whom?
10. What happened to Ay?
11. Who was Horemheb and what role did he play in Tutankhamun's life?
Click on Tutankhamun Menu. Click on Tutankhamun's Funeral. Answer Questions
12. Why was Tutankhamun's burial considered a hasty one?
13. Describe the outer coffin.
14. What evidence exists that Tutankhamun's tomb was meant for someone else?
15. What is a cartouche?
Click on Tutankhamun Menu. Click on Tutankhamun's tomb. Answer Questions
16. Where is Tutankhamun's tomb located in the Valley of the Kings?
17. Describe the tomb's layout.
18. What is ka?
19. Who guarded the tomb?
20. Describe in detail the burial chamber.
21. What was found in the Treasury room?
22. Who was Osiris?
23. What are canopic jars and what is their function?
24. Who was Anubis?
Click on Tutankhamun Menu. Click on Tutankhamun's Treasures. Answer Questions
25. How many items were found in the tomb and what purpose did each serve?
26. Describe the sarcophagus and explain why there were three coffins.
27. Describe the corpse of Tutankhamun.
28. Describe the gold mask.
29. What is the significance of gold in ancient Egyptian burial practices?
30. How many boats were found in the tomb and what was the purpose of each?
Click on Tutankhamun Menu. Click on The Mummy's Curse. Answer Questions 31-33.
31. Why were curses used in ancient Egyptian burial practices?
32. What happened to Howard Carter after the tomb was discovered?
33. What is the significance of the death of Howard Carter's canary?
Click on Main Menu and search to find the answers to Questions 34-38.
34. What was the ancient Egyptian's attitude about death and the afterlife?
35. Describe and explain the importance of the opening the mouth ceremony.
36. Describe and explain the importance of the weighing of the heart.
37. What is an ankh?
38. What is a scarab?
To acquaint students with the culture, religion, and art of ancient Egypt.