Online Collaboration Using Gas Simulation
from each group. The recorder will tabulate data, report results, communicate
with other groups. Each groups will use the ideal gas law simulator at
1. First become familiar with all the buttons and settings. Try them and see
what they do. Next record the change in pressure with volume by collecting five
data points at a range of pressure and volume settings. Graph pressure vs
1/volume and find the equation for the straight-line. Using Excel helps the
equation finding process.
2. Next record the pressure change with temperature. Graph pressure vs.
temperature (K). Find the equation for the straight-line relationship.
3. Next record the pressure change with change in moles (keeping volume and
temperature constant).Find the straight-line relationship between pressure and
4. Develop an equation that relates pressure, volume, temperature, and number of
moles for a gas.
5. Post your results to the course discussion board.
6. Respond and comment on at least one other group that has posted their gas law
results and does not already have a posted response.