The Song Dynasty in China
Click Introduction and read the information provided. Click Economic Growth and read the sections on rice cultivation, manufacturing, textiles, ceramics, construction. Click and read Commercialization: transport, paper money, city of Quanzhou. Click and read Urbanization. Click and read Intellectural Life: neo-Confucianism, Buddhism, printing, and education. Click and read Social Changes: elite, family, military, and civil service.
Write a 5-7-page paper answering the following questions:
1. Describe the process of rice-cultivation and explain how the growing of rice led to China's increasing population.
2. Decribe urban life in China's manufacturing, commercial, and residential sectors.
3. Describe China's social structure and the role of the military and the civil service in governance.
4. Describe the influence of education, printing, Buddhism, and Neo-Confucianims on the Chinese people.
5. List China's gifts to the West.
6. List China's philosophical legacy to the West.
7. What conclusions can be made about the Song Dynasty's influence on the Chinese people and the West.
To compare and contrast China's rural and urban populations.
To describe China's social structure and method of governance.
To explain the leading religious/philosophical beliefs practiced in China.
To identify China's legacy in technology to the West.
To identify China's intellectual legacy to the West.