Problem set on the molecules of genetics
DNA from the Beginning is an animated tutorial on DNA, genes and heredity. The science behind each concept is explained... see more
See the NHGRI web site
This site was created by NHGRI and questions and comments should be addressed to them and the following address: email@example.com
- Science and Technology / Agriculture and Environmental Sciences / Animal Sciences
- Science and Technology / Agriculture and Environmental Sciences / Plant Sciences
- Science and Technology / Biology / Cell and Molecular Biology
- Science and Technology / Biology / Genetics
- Science and Technology / Communication Sciences and Disorders / Foundations and Related
- Social Sciences / Psychology / Biological
- Social Sciences / Psychology / Biological / Evolution and Behavior
1. Students will be able to describe the sequence of discoveries that led to our current understanding of DNA's molecular structure, function, reproduction in the cell and genetic inheritance.
2. Students should be able to give examples of one scientific discovery building on another.
3. Students will be able to relate the real data collected to support a theory.
4. Students will be able to appreciate the cellular mechanisms of repair and reproduction.
5. Students should be able to express verbally how they solved a specific problem and answered the question related to the solution.