Endangered Species Web Assignment
This assignment is designed to help you learn about endangered species, using
the internet as a source of information. Directions for this assignment are
given below. This assignment is worth 30 points (20 points for the answer sheet
and 10 points for the PowerPoint presentation).
1) Open the web browser and go to the Endangered Species !V Main Page at
2) Under the heading Endangered Species !V Getting Started, click on the
3) After reading the page, complete question 1.
4) Use the back button to return to the Endangered Species !V Main Page.
5) Under the Endangered Species Lists heading, click on the US Fish and Wildlife
6) Use this site to find information on a particular specie of plant or animal
that is listed as threatened or endangered by US Fish and Wildlife Service.
Either use the search box near the top of the page or browse through the various
7) Answer questions 2 through 4 using the regulatory profile for your selected
8) Locate another credible online source of information about your specie, other
than the US Fish and Wildlife Service Site, to complete question 5. This may be
from a journal, periodical, government site, or educational institution site.
You are welcome to discuss the site you have chosen with me ahead of time.
9) Use the information you gathered for question 5 to create a 5-10 slide
PowerPoint presentation about your specie. Be sure to include why it is
threatened or endangered and what, if anything, is being done to preserve the
specie you chose. Use pictures from your internet source.
10) Make sure your name is on the answer sheet and turn it in.
Answers for Endangered Species Web Assignment (20 points)
1) In your own words, explain the difference between and endangered species and
a threatened species. Give an example of each. 4 points
2) Give thecommon and scientific name of the specie you selected. 2 points
3) What is the status of your specie? (endangered, threatened, both) 2 points
4) Where in the US does this specie exist? 2 points
5) Summarize what you learned about your specie from another online source.
Include the address for the web site you used. (points will be based on source
credibility and quality of information) 10 points
? Bonus Opportunity: Earn up to 5 points by drawing your specie in its natural
habitat. Depictions must be accurate and colored to achieve all 5 points.