The Food Chain
Herbivore, carnivore, omnivore, producer, consumer
2. Place the above terms in the hierarchy of the food pyramid.
3. Explain why there are more herbivore than there are carnivore?
4. Explain how energy is transfer or lost from one level to the next?
5. Complete the food chain reaction game and have student come up with their own
6. Write a short essay explaining the effect of removing an organism from the
7. Have students compare their food chain they designed with others and see if
there is any interconnected relationships among the food chains.
8. Introduce students to the concept of a food web.
9. Have students create a food web by completing the "Food Web" worksheet from
Type of Task
Students will learn the negative effect of removing one organism from the food chain.