African Music, Instruments, and Dance.
Answer the following questions based on the website "African Music and Dance:"
1. Why is African Drumming important to Ghanian culture?
2. Where do the Anlo-Ewe people live?
3. Describe the history and political organization of the Anlo-Ewe people.
4. How did Drumming begin?
5. What does Drumming reveal about African religion, the African military, and
African social institutions?
6. What kind of drums are used?
7. What Rhythmic Principles are used?
8. Briefly describe the Sub-Saharan Dance Drum Culture.
Based on the website "West African Instruments" answer the following questions:
1. Briefly describe each of the following instruments:
c. Nigerian String
d. Nose Flute
f. Small Gourd
g. Large Gourd
h. Talking Drum
2. What kind of sounds do these instruments create?
3. How are these instruments different from what would be found in the west?
4. When would these instruments be played?
African Musical Instruments
To acquaint students with specific instruments, music and dance forms.