Instructions: Answer the following questions.
1. Why did Hitler make a mistake in invading the Soviet Union?
2. Why was Hitler intent on preventing a Normandy invasion?
3. What was the Allied strategy behind the D-Day invasion?
4. How did Hitler prepare to prevent a Normandy invasion?
5. How did the Allies prepare to launch a Normandy invasion?
6. What to the photographs reveal about the invasion and its consequences?
7. What was Operation Fortitude?
8. Why was Eisenhower selected to oversee the Normandy invasion?
9. Who were the principal military leaders for Great Britain in the Normandy invasion planning?
10. Who were the principal military leaders for Nazi Germany attempting to prevent the invasion?
11. List the battlefield casualities for both sides in the Normandy invasion.
12. What nations in addiiton to the United States and Great Britain contributed troops to the Normandy invasion?
13. How did the Normandy invasion change the events of World War II?
14. How did the Normandy invasion change European and World history?
To provide students with the significance of the D-Day invasion to World History.
To provide students with a visual record of the Normandy invasion.