This exercise teaches students about the new types of business models that have been created by the e-commerce environment. Students are required to compare and contrast the marketing mixes of several of the new models.
Course: Business Marketing
Date Last Modified:
November 17, 2000
1. Read the descriptions of all nine of the business models at this website.
2. Select two of the models that interest you.
3. Examine several of the different forms of these models by accessing the example website.
4. Write a two page typed paper that:
a. Identifies the target market of each of the models.
b. Compares and contrasts the four elements of the marketing mix (product, price, promotion, and distribution) of each of the models.
5. Answer the question: How do these models compare to McCarthy's traditional Marketing Mix model?