In this exercise, students can appreciate the difficulty in coordinating activities on a world-wide basis due to differences in time zones.
The supplemental URL provides information about time zones in general.
Course: International Marketing
Date Last Modified:
May 16, 2000
1. Go to the website and submit a date and time that is two days ahead of today. Also click on the location closest to where you are. Click on "Show Fixed Time."
2. Select three cities in different countries and record the city name and the fixed time.
3. Draft an e-mail for the managers in each of these cities to let them know that you will be having a conference call on the original date you entered. Tell them when they should be available for the call.
4. Click on each of these cities to determine what time it is right now and record that.
5. What do you think it was like for a manager to communicate with people around the world 50 years ago?
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION about Time Zones, go to: http://greenwich2000.com/time/home.htm
No categories defined for this Learning Exercise
No audiences defined for this Learning Exercise
International Marketing International Management
1. To learn the difficulties that international managers face when trying to communicate on a world wide basis.