Use a Webmonkey Tutorial
Website offers tutorials and articles on web page authoring, design, multimedia, e-business, programming, backends... see more
- Go to the webmonkey page, then click on the Authoring folder on the left side of the screen
- Click on the HTML Basics link that appears below Authoring, then click on the link for the Intro to HTML article on the linked page.
- Open a text editor such as Notepad in Microsoft Windows.
- Read through the Intro to HTML article. Use your mouse to highlight the HTML code on the page, copy it, and then paste it into the text editor. Modify the content (the words not enclosed in < > brackets) based on what you want to see in the page.
- Save the file as type All Files, with the name of anything.html, in a location where you can find it easily (such as the Desktop in Windows).
- To view the web page you just created, use File>Open Page (Netscape Navigator) or File>Open (Internet Explorer), and Choose File (NN) or Browse (IE) to find the file. Then click on the Open button and the following Open button (NN), or Open and OK (IE) to load the file in the browser.
- If your file doesn't look the way you want or you wish to experiment, go back to the text editor, make changes, and save the file again. Then click on the Reload button (NN) or Refresh (IE) to view the changes.
- Click on the "learn more" link at the bottom of the Intro to HTML page to find out other things you can do with HTML to enhance this web page.