Learning Exercise: Adapting Instruction for Students with Special Needs
The Jason Project was designed for students without disabilities. Learning to adapt standard materials is a key component of the life of a special educator.
Course: Special Education Teaching Methods
Date Last Modified:
1. In pairs, visit the Jason Project website (http://www.jasonproject.org/front.html).
2. Read through the link of the curriculum preview.
3. How could the students with disabilities whom you currently teach or plan to
teach participate in this general education curriculum?
4. List the disability/disabilities of the students you are describing and
outline the types of adaptations you would need to make in order for this to be
a successful learning experience for all students.
5. Present your findings to the class.
- College Upper Div Major