Very thorough overview of using podcasting in writing courses. There is a nice selection of examples to use in writing assignments. The material is geared towards writing centers, classroom, and professional audiences.
Type of Material:
Educational purpose in extending courses beyond classroom
Promoting learning through different learning styles such as audio /video
Quick Launching of professional material to reach the market in faster way.
Basic web navigation skills; internet access
Identify Major Learning Goals:
The user will learn about the various uses of a Podcast for the academic and professional environments
Target Student Population:
The targeted population consists of: High School, College General Ed, College Lower Division, College Upper Division, Graduate School and Professional
Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- Very Detailed oriented giving an 'introduction','context of usage','its application in 3 different areas', the conclusion and references on the citation of work
- The language is very simple for a nontechnical person to understand
- very pleasant color combination has been adoped
- Sample podcast for the different areas are provided for comprehending the material
Some of the Podcasting links didn't work.
This module could be re-written in smaller sections. The issue isn't comprehension, however, this is a website-not an article. Perhaps the information could be "chunked."
Potential Effectiveness as a Teaching Tool
- The content though lengthy to read is a well structured and laid out content and has been written is a form of story telling that grips the user and does not let then go without reading a particular section
- The examples of the podcast has been laid on a user based model. easier for the user
- The content has a good introduction with examples adhering to 3 major sited and finally has a conclusion that makes it a good material.
This section: "http://www2.bgsu.edu/departments/english/cconline/podcasting/PSAassignment.htm," is an excellent example of integrating podcasting in an academic and even work settings. The assignments and examples are intriguing
There is a lot of potential on this site, however, the objectives could be shorter and the whole tutorial could be more adapted to the students. Right now, it looks more like a professional development piece for the instructors. That's very helpful, however, an expanded section for students and professionals, along with additional examples and working links, would make this project top notch.
Ease of Use for Both Students and Faculty
Easy navigation through the sections of the module. The authors clearly show passion about this topic. It's a great piece for faculty development.
This material could be more interactive.
Other Issues and Comments:
Search by ISBN?
It looks like you have entered an ISBN number. Would you like to search using what you have
entered as an ISBN number?
Searching for Members?
You entered an email address. Would you like to search for members? Click Yes to continue. If no, materials will be displayed first. You can refine your search with the options on the left of the results page.