The learning objectives can be specified as below.
1) to understand the basic principles in HCI;
2) to understand the design life cycle;
3) to understand the current applications of HCI;
4) to consider the engineering and psychological perspectives of HCI;
5) to appreciate the research and industrial aspects of HCI.
In summary, learners will have the opportunity to analyze and evaluate user interfaces, take exercises to uncover problems that can be addressed through HCI methods, and prototype user interfaces based on principles you learnt within class.
They will also evaluate their user interfaces based on feedback, revise them accordingly and iterate on the prototyping process.