Potential Effectiveness as a Teaching Tool: (5.00) (4.90) = 5.0
- Provides basic resource information on diseases.
- Appendices promote understanding of infective dose and affect
of temperature, pH, and water activity on microbial growth in
- Search options provide access to current information.
- Not designed primarily as a comprehensive text, but this is
clearly stated. A good reference with links to current Morbidity
and Mortality statistics and genetic information through ENTREZ.
- Does not necessarily promote conceptual understanding of the
mechanism of disease action,
but rather describes the
epidemiology, symptoms and treatment of the disease.
- Well written, but may be a bit technical for many
undergraduates. More diagrams and images would help.