Jul 24, 2001
- The application of Claude Shannon's 1948 communication module as a basis for explaining communication.
There are many levels of communication, from inter, intra, group, organizational, national to global. We can also speak of animal communication and computer mediated communication, where the computer mediates the message. In the information age, much of the communication received each day is mediated in some way by technology.
- Type of Material:
- Technical Requirements:
- Identify Major Learning Goals:
- Well organized.
- Target Student Population:
- Prerequisite Knowledge or Skills:
- Basic communication concepts required for human interaction with computers.
- Good use of graphics.
- Very advance material. This site is not really composed of a single module, but several modules, making up almost an entire course on this topic.
- Well developed resource for anyone interested in learning some of the more advanced concepts in telecommunications. Good pedagogic features including section summaries, practice exercises, and practice tests.
- This site is composed of several modules which could make up an entire course on this topic.
- Good navigation aids. Use of bookmarks enhance navigation. Very usable.
- Creative Commons: